• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Any thoughts on why Annihilation: Conquest Star-Lord #1 doesn't go for more? It's the first Groot in continuity, which is the one that popularized Groot. I would think that would be a sound alternative to Tales to Astonish.

Title too long for feebay? (shrug)

5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Any thoughts on why Annihilation: Conquest Star-Lord #1 doesn't go for more? It's the first Groot in continuity, which is the one that popularized Groot. I would think that would be a sound alternative to Tales to Astonish.

GOTG keys are kind cold right now

12 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

True. Had that particular issue been selling for a premium?

I only remember it being like a $15 book before the first movie came out. Annihilation Conquest #6 and GOTG #1 2008 were at one point quite hot though, and of course the major first appearances (Hulk 271, Strange Tales 180, Marvel Preview 4, etc...).

But yeah, most modern GOTG keys have tanked pretty hard, regardless of the popularity of the movies.

Edited by BishopT

35 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I only remember it being like a $15 book before the first movie came out. Annihilation Conquest #6 and GOTG #1 2008 were at one point quite hot though, and of course the major first appearances (Hulk 271, Strange Tales 180, Marvel Preview 4, etc...).

But yeah, most modern GOTG keys have tanked pretty hard, regardless of the popularity of the movies.

Yeah, I sold off my GOTG #1 CGC 9.6 for a decent amount. Hopefully when we get closer to a third movie releasing there will be another spike

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If the charges are legit, I'd hardly say that Ron is the one that's worthy of sympathy.

The "Poor Ron" was obvious sarcasm . . . :bigsmile:

I know the person who sold it from another forum and I trust the person. The bidding didn’t even begin until just before it ended. There was also a $5500 dollar offer as well. How hard is it to believe that a book that pops up less than a dozen times a year that also features the first Appearance of a super hot character can’t sell for serious coin? Considering the rare 1:25 variant cover sells for half of that generally, with a recent copy selling for $9000. I’ve seen no more than a dozen newsstands pop up over the last year+. There’s 20 available of the 1:25 currently with no newsstands currently. 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:52 PM, divad said:

Must be Corona smith and Brock  . . .  lol

Are you poking me? Yes, as some Boardies know, I sold my last startup two years ago, and am biding my time until I launch the next one. I just always worked on the assumption that unless we were talking comic prices, money was an ungentlemanly topic...

18 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I know the person who sold it from another forum and I trust the person. The bidding didn’t even begin until just before it ended. There was also a $5500 dollar offer as well. How hard is it to believe that a book that pops up less than a dozen times a year that also features the first Appearance of a super hot character can’t sell for serious coin? Considering the rare 1:25 variant cover sells for half of that generally, with a recent copy selling for $9000. I’ve seen no more than a dozen newsstands pop up over the last year+. There’s 20 available of the 1:25 currently with no newsstands currently. 

This is about as logical as robinhood traders buying stocks in companies during their bankruptcy restructurings, lol. It happens, but it ain't pretty once the dust settles and someone is staring at a massive loss....