• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

While I would normally agree if you read the issue you might understand how important this issue 
may become. 

Im well aware at how important “it may” become.

I do actually read comics

With the amount of copies that are selling for those prices I doubt it's flippers selling to flippers am sure there are plenty band wagon hoppers jumping on for the ride.

Certainly makes me want to put up my copies for sale, curse this collecting thing :p

I’ve already sold half of my copies, haha... I think I may do one more set and hold the rest.

I am kind of surprised it’s doing this well, though. It really was something I saw everyone pick up that Wednesday.

50 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

While I would normally agree if you read the issue you might understand how important this issue 
may become. 

Im well aware at how important “it may” become.

I do actually read comics

My fault many don't ready anymore just rely on information from spec sites.

58 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

In the 90's Galactus had a new herald every few years.  Nobody cared much back then.  I don't see why people are caught up in it now.  Sell, sell, sell.

Because people get dumber every year 

12 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Thor #5 is still on fire it seems, I really thought with all the attention this series is getting plenty people would have put it on their pull lists but the regular cover is selling for up to $38 and the 1:25 last sale was $149.95

It was a $15 $20 book, then some websites tied it into the mcu and bam. 

I don't have any, if I did I would probably sell. Although a lot of times I sell too soon, but rather do that then be late. 

8 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Aliens true first appearance would be in Heavy Metal May and June of ‘79. There’s also some appearances in Cracked Magazine for those who want it all.  

I wouldn't pass one up cheap, but a larger book I don't usually chase them as they are not as desirable. 
There is value though just look at Starlord and some others.

13 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I know it's not Modern (but then neither are the other Aliens and Predator books being discussed), but any thoughts on the significance of Uncanny X-Men #155, the first appearance of the Brood, which were basically an Aliens rip-off? Aliens/X-Men might be a cool crossover.

I started reading comics/collecting as a kid with X-Men #211, and this has long been one of my favorite X-Men covers. After that Brood arc the title jumped the shark, unfortunately.

Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 234 | Marvel Database | Fandom

38 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Spotted this one on the weekend. With the market being so pump and dump these days, I'm guessing this could maybe become a thing. Lord help us all.s-l1600.jpg

It was a thing when it came out if I recall correctly. I sold all of my copies at two shows for $10 and then $15 apiece.

29 minutes ago, kimik said:

It was a thing when it came out if I recall correctly. I sold all of my copies at two shows for $10 and then $15 apiece.

I'm more partial to deadpool #40 alien homage cover, and merc with a mouth #6. That said wouldn't pay more than $10 for either. 

Edited by maidenmate91

16 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I'm more partial to deadpool #40 alien homage cover, and merc with a mouth #6. That said wouldn't pay more than $10 for either. 

That was the good old days when DP was hot and you could get $10 - $20 for regular issues from that Marvel Now run. It was crazy back then.