• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I'm more partial to deadpool #40 alien homage cover, and merc with a mouth #6. That said wouldn't pay more than $10 for either. 

someone messaged me about that today... Aliens Predators has been in the comics since the 80s... why is buying AP comics a new sensation? Just like all the SW Clone Wars comics.. those have been around for a looong time.. I know there is renewed interest w the movies and comics.. but did it really take an Eternals announcement for "fans" to start buying.. where were those "fans" in the 40 years gap between release and movie announcement?

Edited by littledoom

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

someone messaged me about that today... Aliens Predators has been in the comics since the 80s... why is buying AP comics a new sensation? Just like all the SW Clone Wars comics.. those have been around for a looong time.. I know there is renewed interest w the movies and comics.. but did it really take an Eternals announcement for "fans" to start buying.. where were those "fans" in the 40 years gap between release and movie announcement?

^^

More than a comic collector, I'm an Alien collector, and have enjoyed my many years of fishing copious amounts of DH Aliens books out of the 50 cent bins. Everyone just needs to shut up about Aliens and leave them for me!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

More than a comic collector, I'm an Alien collector, and have enjoyed my many years of fishing copious amounts of DH Aliens books out of the 50 cent bins. Everyone just needs to shut up about Aliens and leave them for me!

I've always been a fan as well - I never pass up either. Aliens or Predator . . . Pile 'em on! :sumo:

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

Welcome to "why values increase"...

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

Interest by way of magnification happens in every hobby.  Look at the explosion of basketball cards with all of the attention of Zion Williamson and almost everything Jordan/Bulls related after the mega popular ESPN documentary.  The group herd mentality of us as human beings has people rushing out whenever the spotlight is on a particular topic.  This is nothing new and never has been.

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Why did CBSI refer to dhp #36 as a Alien vs predator cameo? There are full panels of them meeting and fighting. That's definitely not a cameo. Also it's on the cover, a big win for collectors.

Says cameo of first fight.
They may be on the cover but this is really a cameo appearance for the first fight between the Aliens and Predators.

Have at it debaters of cameo / full, etc... (looks like a full to me (shrug))

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Says cameo of first fight.
They may be on the cover but this is really a cameo appearance for the first fight between the Aliens and Predators.

Have at it debaters of cameo / full, etc... (looks like a full to me (shrug))

I guess it needed a scene where one said "Hello, Predator, it is I, the Alien".