• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Paying $1000 for a modern book is just stupid.

I wouldn't be buying any of these hot books at the moment unless you can get them for cover price.

In 2017, I was told this exact same thing when  I paid $1375 for a 9.8 UF4 variant.  Last one sold yesterday at $8950.

Edited by catch21

9 minutes ago, catch21 said:

In 2017, I was told this exact same thing when  I paid $1375 for a 9.8 UF4 variant.  Last one sold yesterday at $8950.

"If you're such a genius, why you got butta on ya tie?" :roflmao:

12 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Paying $1000 for a modern book is just stupid.

I wouldn't be buying any of these hot books at the moment unless you can get them for cover price.

You MIGHT could have gotten away with your first sentence. The second one just makes your whole point seem silly. 

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

E-bay's cancellation policy needs to change. 

Sellers are abusing it with zero repercussions. 

Patrick

Agree. There should be a freeze on the seller's ability to list items after 2 or 3 sale cancellations just like it is for auction bidders who win and don't pay.

11 hours ago, catch21 said:

See how that guy feels about what he paid a year from now. FOMO purchases are great for sellers, but bad for buyers.

26 minutes ago, bellrules said:

See how that guy feels about what he paid a year from now. FOMO purchases are great for sellers, but bad for buyers.

I truly believe UF4 is only going to keep going up. I bought a CGC 9.4 that could potentially press to a 9.6. I paid $110 back in March. I could easily triple my money at this point. I’m hanging onto until I retire. That being said I couldn’t spend a grand or more on one book. There are those that can and will certainly see a nice return when selling. 

6 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I truly believe UF4 is only going to keep going up. I bought a CGC 9.4 that could potentially press to a 9.6. I paid $110 back in March. I could easily triple my money at this point. I’m hanging onto until I retire. That being said I couldn’t spend a grand or more on one book. There are those that can and will certainly see a nice return when selling. 

Like all those people who bought a New Mutants 98 for 1000? If they sold today, they'd be taking a 20% hit. They might come out even in a decade, as long as all those people who bought in the peak, aren't all trying to sell at the same time.

52 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
6 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

You MIGHT could have gotten away with your first sentence. The second one just makes your whole point seem silly. 

The only person I ever heard say might could was from Georgia.

Well, he said "might could have gotten away", which isn't a Georgia saying.  Georgia uses "might coulda gotten away".

54 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

The only person I ever heard say might could was from Georgia.

Almost...South Carolina.

From StackExchange:

To sum up:

Modal stacking is not sloppy, meaningless, or redundant; linguistically, it is a systematic process (which I think is really cool!). It is just non-standard in English — something one would avoid using outside of this particular dialect group, especially because (like many features of Southern English) it carries a certain stigma outside of where it is used. But within that group, it is a productive and useful construction.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

Just now, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Almost...South Carolina.

To sum up:

Modal stacking is not sloppy, meaningless, or redundant; linguistically, it is a systematic process (which I think is really cool!). It is just non-standard in English — something one would avoid using outside of this particular dialect group, especially because (like many features of Southern English) it carries a certain stigma outside of where it is used. But within that group, it is a productive and useful construction.

Look at you, just going way all off up in there.

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Almost...South Carolina.

From StackExchange:

To sum up:

Haha, I found that too because I looked up the usage having never heard anyone say that before.

5 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Almost...South Carolina.

From StackExchange:

To sum up:

Yeah, what he said!

4 hours ago, littledoom said:

I have officially sold out of all my Green Lantern 25s.. the best selling sleeper key book to date. Was $30 and is now $40.. the Gary Frank variant is selling and so is the regular cover. They are being wiped off eBay

couldn't sell my kinda beat up VF+ copy here for $4; off to ebay it goes