• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I’m wondering why God of Thunder 6 isn’t seeing the growths Venom 3 is seeing... Comichron reports orders of 85k for Venom 3, and 50k for GOT 6. For me it GOT 6 has certainly been harder to find in NM+ shape. I guess it’s because there are still backstock boxes with GOT 6 that haven’t been reopened since it was taken off the new release wall, whereas Venom 3 was hot out the gate and less likely to end up in bargain bins? Is it the cover? The fact that it’s a Cates book? Or are people unaware of Thor God of Thunder 6, as far as the casual collector goes?

God of Thunder 6 is like half the price of Venom 3, and not long ago it was more.

Why would GOT 6 heat up ? Nothing special, no 1st appearances.

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

There's a new Marvel event at the end of the year with Knull as the "King in Black" 

What’s the print run on 3rd printing of Venom 3. Is it lower than 1st print? Dude this is the nuttiest time for comics in like forev.

9 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

There are a bunch of silver age books that are highly regarded AND also had high print runs.  Pretty easy to find almost any silver age book in any condition if you look for them.  Golden age is another story and dependent on the book.    I have plenty of "interest in the hobby" but haven't had a pull list in 25 years.  You don't need a pull list to have an interest in collecting.  I'd rather save my coin for other books rather then paying $4-6 for books every week (10 books=$40-60 a week=$160-240 a month) that don't hold much interest for me and only a small percent will actually retain their value....in the same way as most copper/bronze/silver age. 

I mean Action Comics 1 had a million issues print run and yet it’s a god key. Older books were just not kept or taken care of.

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Seems early to be putting that much into that book.

Says the people who will miss out on what will be a big dollar book down the road. Low print run 35k. No stores were ordering Hell Arisen it was a flop. WB reserved rights to her for film already. If you don’t got it I recommend finding one sooner than later

17 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:
15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Seems early to be putting that much into that book.

Says the people who will miss out on what will be a big dollar book down the road. Low print run 35k. No stores were ordering Hell Arisen it was a flop. WB reserved rights to her for film already. If you don’t got it I recommend finding one sooner than later

I am not arguing your logic just that alot of characters have TV or film rights. 
DC doesn't help its case either.

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
6 hours ago, kimik said:

Are there rumors re: Strange Academy? Prices on #1 jumped over the weekend.

A lot of spec sites talk this week on the book. Its being pushed.

I bulked it as a spec play since it seemed like a no-brainer play as the property is made for Disney+ (and maybe Dr. Strange live action film at some point)? My file LCS owner talked about it as a potential Marvel/Disney take on Harry Potter. 

I am curious to see what the breakdown on orders for each of the 5 covers was. There have to be some that will be harder to find than others with Comichron reporting an estimate 71,039 copies ordered in March. I expect that some stores ordered equal amounts of all five covers, but others would have ordered like I did and tried to guess which ones would sell best for their shelf copies. As a result, there may be one or two that have print runs in the 10,000 (or lower?) range.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I bulked it as a spec play since it seemed like a no-brainer play as the property is made for Disney+ (and maybe Dr. Strange live action film at some point)? My file LCS owner talked about it as a potential Marvel/Disney take on Harry Potter. 

I am curious to see what the breakdown on orders for each of the 5 covers was. There have to be some that will be harder to find than others with Comichron reporting an estimate 71,039 copies ordered in March. I expect that some stores ordered equal amounts of all five covers, but others would have ordered like I did and tried to guess which ones would sell best for their shelf copies. As a result, there may be one or two that have print runs in the 10,000 (or lower?) range.

Campbell was much higher. That being said it started with pushing the Walmart cover then went from there. 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

Collectors need to stop speculating and enjoy the present.. can't ever see a good thing when it's in front of them and gone to the next .. smh 

Trust me..it’s not he collectors that are specing these ridiculous books.

Yours Trully

Collecter 

Edited by Shoomanfoo

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Harley's current series is ending at #75. Somebody somewhere has surmised that she will be killed off in favor of Punchline. Thus more people investing in Punchline.
That being said, I doubt they would kill off a character with as much mass appeal as her, multiple movies, etc...   (like Wolverine...wait, he was killed off...)

I can't see them killing Quinn.  Unless it's Punchline killing Quinn to legitimize her a bit more.  

IMO, Punchline has been terrible.  Granted, she's new.  But nothing interests me about her.  It's like Quinn and that character from Doomsday Clock mashed together. 

Wolverine was technically killed, but he was never out of comics.  They just had a different version(s).  When that ran its' course, he was back.

Patrick

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:
13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Harley's current series is ending at #75. Somebody somewhere has surmised that she will be killed off in favor of Punchline. Thus more people investing in Punchline.
That being said, I doubt they would kill off a character with as much mass appeal as her, multiple movies, etc...   (like Wolverine...wait, he was killed off...)

I can't see them killing Quinn.  Unless it's Punchline killing Quinn to legitimize her a bit more.  

IMO, Punchline has been terrible.  Granted, she's new.  But nothing interests me about her.  It's like Quinn and that character from Doomsday Clock mashed together. 

Wolverine was technically killed, but he was never out of comics.  They just had a different version(s).  When that ran its' course, he was back.

Patrick

Yeah they might do it for a month's of sales, but they would bring her back the next month. Even if they were they would, they would build it up for months
to get more money out of us.

Edited by fastballspecial

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah they might do it for a month's of sales, but they would bring her back the next month. Even if they were they would, they would build it up for months
to get more money out of us.

Well, Punchline has already slit her throat in Batman 93. I don't read HQ so I don't know where that fits in with Batman.