• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Have any of you noticed these particular books selling more since this article was released last month?
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/25-modern-comics-may-increase-in-price-comic-store-in-your-future/

I had a Batman Year 3 set that sat on eBay for a couple of years before someone finally bought in somewhat recently

22 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Have any of you noticed these particular books selling more since this article was released last month?
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/25-modern-comics-may-increase-in-price-comic-store-in-your-future/

Convergence Superman languished as a $5 book for a while before getting to $15-25 recently, Batman 436 is still undervalued IMO, Cap 360 has improved a bit with at least more consistent sales, Daredevil 270 has absolutely taken off, and the rest seem to have stayed the same more or less.

4 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Convergence Superman languished as a $5 book for a while before getting to $15-25 recently, Batman 436 is still undervalued IMO, Cap 360 has improved a bit with at least more consistent sales, Daredevil 270 has absolutely taken off, and the rest seem to have stayed the same more or less.

About Convergence Superman, is it common that the spine looks like garbage? I mean you see a ragged white line all across the spine with some chipping or slight tear at the top and bottom.

Just now, William-James88 said:

About Convergence Superman, is it common that the spine looks like garbage? I mean you see a ragged white line all across the spine with some chipping or slight tear at the top and bottom.

I recall none of my copies have been NM+ level, but I don’t remember the specifics. I’ll have to dig them out to look.

4 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I recall none of my copies have been NM+ level, but I don’t remember the specifics. I’ll have to dig them out to look.

I looked at one online and yeah you can see the spine is jagged with a white outline and it being worse at the bottom of the spine. I remember that was an issue with many DC books at the time.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=51053013

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Did she die? Thats really all that matters. 

Don;t know yet. Last thing that was shown was she was gargling on her own blood unable to speak and being thrown into a sewer by some henchmen. Probably not dead by Batman standards.

23 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I will always be bothered by 2nd, 3rd, 4th prints (etc) getting so much attention.  These books come out months after the 1st print and should thus not be allowed to count as a 1st appearance or key book.  They should be no different than re-prints.  I have a re-print of Incredible Hulk #181...should that still count as the 1st appearance of Wolverine?  Any value is purely a matter of rarity.

Thats cause your looking at it the wrong way. Keys in this era of CGC 9.8 are the following:

First appearance

First cover

We see it in back issues, it's why Batman 475 has jumped to ridiculous levels in the past 3 years since even though it is not the first appearance of Scarface, it is his first Cover appearance. 

So think of it the same way. Venom 3 first print is the first appearance of Knull, but Venom 3 3rd print is his first cover appearance. So even though its the same issue, you now have 2 collectibles spawned from it and they are collectible in their own right. The fact that one is a 3rd print is inconsequential. We already saw this with Ms Marvel and how a 2nd print became super collectible because it was her first cover appearance.

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:
23 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I will always be bothered by 2nd, 3rd, 4th prints (etc) getting so much attention.  These books come out months after the 1st print and should thus not be allowed to count as a 1st appearance or key book.  They should be no different than re-prints.  I have a re-print of Incredible Hulk #181...should that still count as the 1st appearance of Wolverine?  Any value is purely a matter of rarity.

Thats cause your looking at it the wrong way. Keys in this era of CGC 9.8 are the following:

First appearance

First cover

We see it in back issues, it's why Batman 475 has jumped to ridiculous levels in the past 3 years since even though it is not the first appearance of Scarface, it is his first Cover appearance. 

So think of it the same way. Venom 3 first print is the first appearance of Knull, but Venom 3 3rd print is his first cover appearance. So even though its the same issue, you now have 2 collectibles spawned from it and they are collectible in their own right. The fact that one is a 3rd print is inconsequential. We already saw this with Ms Marvel and how a 2nd print became super collectible because it was her first cover appearance.

I am inclined to agree with your logic, but can you list another book like Captain Marvel book? I am trying to think of one, but drawing a blank currently.

44 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am inclined to agree with your logic, but can you list another book like Captain Marvel book? I am trying to think of one, but drawing a blank currently.

Ms Marvel was the first time I saw this and this is the second time, I don't follow moderns too much and that's where this kind of stuff happens.

Edit: Well there is Sex Criminals 1 fourth print, first cover appearance of Matt Fraction :D

Edited by William-James88

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

First appearance

First cover

batman 475 is the first Montoya.. who was a main Birds of Prey film character... Scarface being  on the cover I'm sure helps too

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Asm 569 2nd print 

you know the book I schooled you on (of many LOL)

Edited by jsilverjanet

16 minutes ago, littledoom said:

batman 475 is the first Montoya.. who was a main Birds of Prey film character... Scarface being  on the cover I'm sure helps too

Ah man, I didnt know, that book's got alot going for it.

But speaking of that film, it doesnt seem to have much of an impact on Huntress 1. I just bought a high grade raw for 15$

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Ah man, I didnt know, that book's got alot going for it.

But speaking of that film, it doesnt seem to have much of an impact on Huntress 1. I just bought a high grade raw for 15$

It's funny that you think of that as cheap, because I bought a dozen of them when they first came out and they had been sitting in my collection, basically worthless, for almost 30 years. I love that they're selling for that much now.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Asm 569 2nd print 

Always thought the 569 1st print variant should be worth more.

1st Anti-Venom and an amazing Venom cover. 

Is it too common? 

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Is it too common? 

Patrick

I don’t think so (being common) but I think it’s the cover appearance that makes the 2nd print more desirable 

43 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's funny that you think of that as cheap, because I bought a dozen of them when they first came out and they had been sitting in my collection, basically worthless, for almost 30 years. I love that they're selling for that much now.

They've been selling for around that for 5 years now, even before she was announced to be in the film. So that's what I meant, the book hasn't had a boost in price due to the film, at least none that I see.

42 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Is it too common? 

Patrick

Newsstand is the one to have .. and the Granov Variant..

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Asm 569 2nd print 

Hector thinks he is funny. This is what I think most of time when he talks to me.

image.png.8de229e7bb306f4da13c2b029facde3d.png

5 hours ago, Jitstark said:

Don;t know yet. Last thing that was shown was she was gargling on her own blood unable to speak and being thrown into a sewer by some henchmen. Probably not dead by Batman standards.

She's already back in action in Batman #98.

image.png.d00f542593a766f1f4c70e3e587a1a2d.png