• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am inclined to agree with your logic, but can you list another book like Captain Marvel book? I am trying to think of one, but drawing a blank currently.

Daredevil #2 first appearance of Cole North.  2nd printing had the cover appearance as well.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

The last 7 have went for $1232+ shipping, $1300 BIN, $900+ shipping on a BIN, $1700 OBO, $1175 BIN, $1850 OBO, $1750 OBO. All the best offers went for over $1500 per. This book has been on fire since late May. The 9.6s and raws are also at all time highs. 

Now that the new Usagi Netflix show based on Space Usagi is coming out... there's been a bunch of sales of Space Usagi 1.    Might be a good book to keep your eye on if the show gets popular... as well as Albedo 2... which is ridiculously expensive too.

*EDIT*  tried to buy a copy off mycomicshop and it was sniped as I was checking out.  :cry:

Looks like EVERY COPY has been sold off ebay.  latest sale is $13.49

Usagi_02.gif.b2e9cae4bd32d5d66862ffc539c4e5b9.gif

Edited by Wolverinex

18 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

She's already back in action in Batman #98.

image.png.d00f542593a766f1f4c70e3e587a1a2d.png

Punchline is confirmed to be fighting Harley in Harley Quinn 75 last issue in the series my guess is Punchline kills her and the hype train continues. Glad I got 3 9.8s of Hell Arisen #3.

Can't believe Riri Williams is going so crazy right now.  I must of missed something, they mentioned a series on Disney + a while back..... how come its going for such fat cash now. 

And Venom 3.... same knew it was hot but didn't know its gone supernova. I was about to put a raw HG copy up for sale then my jaw dropped.

17 minutes ago, Rip said:

Can't believe Riri Williams is going so crazy right now.  I must of missed something, they mentioned a series on Disney + a while back..... how come its going for such fat cash now. 

And Venom 3.... same knew it was hot but didn't know its gone supernova. I was about to put a raw HG copy up for sale then my jaw dropped.

People pumping and dumping. The ones with the platform to sing their praises are also the ones selling their overstock.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am inclined to agree with your logic, but can you list another book like Captain Marvel book? I am trying to think of one, but drawing a blank currently.

Some have already listed some but here are more:

wolverine origins 28 2nd print- TBH one of the earliest 2nd prints Marvel did using a interior splash page as the cover??  Never got one of these myself but check the prices and good luck finding in the wild...I never have.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wolverine+origins+28+2nd&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Amazing Spider-Man 569 2nd

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspider-man+569+2nd+print.TRS0&_nkw=spider-man+569+2nd+print&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=63&_odkw=spider-man+anti+venom+2nd+print&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Amazing Spider-Man 654 2nd

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R6.TR9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspider-man++2nd+print.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spider-man+654+2nd+print&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=16&_osacat=63&_odkw=spider-man++574+2nd+print&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

I’ve been looking for that Origins 2nd print for several years.. 

5 hours ago, Rip said:

To be honest characters like Cho, Riri, Danvers, Miles.. those are all BIG lasting characters that will be in the MU for a long while .. so it makes sense they just aren’t $20+ book but $100+ books... imagine if X-23 came out in the 2010s vs 2000s and was a frequent MCU character 

17 minutes ago, littledoom said:

To be honest characters like Cho, Riri, Danvers, Miles.. those are all BIG lasting characters that will be in the MU for a long while .. so it makes sense they just aren’t $20+ book but $100+ books... imagine if X-23 came out in the 2010s vs 2000s and was a frequent MCU character 

I like you better when you're dishonest :baiting:

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Oh god, I know of the Avengers one, but how many of these Wednesday variants did they make?  They're terrible.

Marvel totally got over on me but at least I bought them through pre-ordering for $2.79 a piece. I picked up the Amazing Spider-man,Avengers,Captain Marvel,Empyre,Immortal Hulk,Spider Woman and Venom. I still think I paid too much except for the Venom #26. I will have to use that one to ease my visual anguish.

Edited by kairos70

18 hours ago, Rip said:

My 12 year old daughter often claims some of my comic purchase for her own when she likes the cover, usually symbiote related. When I bought 3 copies of Venom 3, she took one. When it started popping a year or so ago, I slabbed them all and got 3 9.8's.   2 weeks ago she was thrilled when I sold her comic for 230.  Yesterday I told her they are now selling for 450.  'Daddy!! You owe me one of yours!'      No way! 

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

I’ve been looking for that Origins 2nd print for several years.. 

The day that book came out my LCS had 1 on the shelf.  They probably ordered a few only.  One maybe for a pull-box and a couple for the shelf??  I'm just assuming but the one copy they had on the shelf was no better than about 8.5 maybe.  I left it there and went about searching a few other stores with no luck.  Should of just bought that copy and held onto it, and maybe had it pressed at some point.  I was not much of an ebay buyer at the time so I never pulled the trigger on the few copies I saw pop up from time to time for around $10-20 maybe.  Years later and I'm still just trying to find one in the wild but I believe it is a wild goose chase to say the least.