• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I still have no idea why Batman Beyond is getting so hot...  No movie right?  It needs to come back down so I can buy more.

I’ve heard rumors that Michael Keaton could possibly be playing his father. 

53 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

Why wouldn't he be playing Bruce Wayne?? That would make the most sense for about 1000 reasons. 

BATMAN BEYOND SPOILER ALERT* 

Spoiler

Bruce is technically Terry's biological father. So you're both right, kind of. It was revealed in the justice league epilogue that Amanda Waller came to realize the world would always need a batman. She chose Terry's father and over wrote his DNA with Bruce's. They even tried to recreate the murder of his parent's to trigger the same response.

The phantasm refused to do it, however lo and behold... it happened anyway. Derek Power's *later Blight*  men killed him to regain some dirty evidence and important dealings on a hollow disc. So destiny always had that in store for him it would appear.

Edited by maidenmate91

14 hours ago, Corona smith said:

If you’re going to tell someone they’re wrong about something its nice to provide the correct answer. 

I just purchased some to sell myself. I would be acting as a pump and dumper if I came on here touting something like that.

(...:gossip: and I did tell them. So thanks again for prying.)

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

BATMAN BEYOND SPOILER ALERT* 

Hide contents

Bruce is technically Terry's biological father. So you're both right, kind of. It was revealed in the justice league epilogue that Amanda Waller came to realize the world would always need a batman. She chose Terry's father and over wrote his DNA with Bruce's. They even tried to recreate the murder of his parent's to trigger the same response.

The phantasm refused to do it, however lo and behold... it happened anyway. Derek Power's *later Blight*  men killed him to regain some dirty evidence and important dealings on a hollow disc. So destiny always had that in store for him it would appear.

Spoiler

I also liked Batman Beyond cartoon when it came out. Watched maybe the first season. Anyways for me Batman is not Terrys father and I hope if they make a film they will not make Bruce as Terrys father. Much better that the new Batman is just a random dude and not related to Batman. 

RANT about Batman Beyond Spoiler

Edited by godzilla43

3 hours ago, godzilla43 said:
  Hide contents

I also liked Batman Beyond cartoon when it came out. Watched maybe the first season. Anyways for me Batman is not Terrys father and I hope if they make a film they will not make Bruce as Terrys father. Much better that the new Batman is just a random dude and not related to Batman. 

RANT about Batman Beyond Spoiler

agreed.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I just purchased some to sell myself. I would be acting as a pump and dumper if I came on here touting something like that.

(...:gossip: and I did tell them. So thanks again for prying.)

So I’m prying on a public message board?! Nice try.  I see where people would think pump and dump though. So let people figure it out themselves and eventually someone will mention it here. Either way I have no interest in the book itself. 

Edited by Corona smith

22 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

This is the only appearance Batman Beyond has in issue #22. For my money I would get #23, or both if you can. Also I don't believe it should matter who is in the suit. Batman is an idea/concept, not a man. 

RCO018_1468895383.jpg

That's a pretty significant "cameo" :bigsmile:

Invincible is having the beginning of its moment 

9.6 is now selling in the $800+ range (multiple sales) plus #5 (first Allen the alien) is on the major incline with raw copies being cleaned out at all grades and price points 

1-13 will be the main books to have, also 44, 52 sketch cover, 61 (first conquest), the Invincible returns variants, 75 variant, along with a couple of the 100 scarce variants 

38 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

9.6 is now selling in the $800+ range (multiple sales) plus #5 (first Allen the alien) is on the major incline with raw copies being cleaned out at all grades and price points 

1-13 will be the main books to have, also 44, 52 sketch cover, 61 (first conquest), the Invincible returns variants, 75 variant, along with a couple of the 100 scarce variants 

I'm thinking the Marvel team up with spiderman might see an increase also. 

59 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

I also forgot 16 (first Angstrom Levy- the first main villain other than...), 19 (first Battle Beast - a major fan favorite character), 113 (first Terra - Mark & Eve’s daughter)

Anything more for keys is kiiiind of a reach

5 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:
1 hour ago, GLCBrad said:

I also forgot 16 (first Angstrom Levy- the first main villain other than...), 19 (first Battle Beast - a major fan favorite character), 113 (first Terra - Mark & Eve’s daughter)

50 Williams variant is very hard to find just found my first copy last month.

11 and 12 will be monsters due to story change reveal. Anyone who read it knows.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

50 Williams variant is very hard to find just found my first copy last month.

11 and 12 will be monsters due to story change reveal. Anyone who read it knows.

I agree 100% about the 50 variant. Totally spaced that one 

1-13 for (alleged) print run alone will raise some eyebrows once people know how few copies were sold

12 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I heard several years ago 11 had the lowest print run of the series. Not sure if someone can back that up with numbers but I went out a while back and found one largely for that reason alone.

Taken from Comichron...so obviously not "print run", but at least sold in NA #'s. Do NOT start this argument now, no one cares.

1- 10,751

2- 8,506

3- 7,350

4- 7,558

5- 6,774

6- 6,464

7- 6,091

8- 6,321

9- 6,086

10- 5,599

11- 5,610

12- 6,547

13- 6,540

14- 8,219

15- 8,612

16- 8,427

17- 9,055

18- 9,440

19- 9,660

20- 9,545

43 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

44 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

What about #110 (the rape issue)?

16 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

Meh, my opinion is that it hasn’t held up like the others...was “shocking” at the time, but didn’t hold much water to the end

To be super duper clear before the “pump and dump” allegations begin- I have stockpiled Invincible since 2005. I currently have 1-30 in 9.8 with numerous dupe copies of 1-13 in 9.8, along with so many damn raw copies of the entire series. I was the top registry for two years before I slowed down and got passed up.

This finally happening is basically my super bowl. I absolutely have a vested interest in prices rising. I have no intention of manipulating the market, the market is taking care of itself without my help.

I don’t think it’s time to sell yet, but it’s getting close.

Edited by GLCBrad