• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

Taken from Comichron...so obviously not "print run", but at least sold in NA #'s. Do NOT start this argument now, no one cares.

1- 10,751

2- 8,506

3- 7,350

4- 7,558

5- 6,774

6- 6,464

7- 6,091

8- 6,321

9- 6,086

10- 5,599

11- 5,610

12- 6,547

13- 6,540

14- 8,219

15- 8,612

16- 8,427

17- 9,055

18- 9,440

19- 9,660

20- 9,545

I was just on that website... how did you get this data... I’m trying to find the number for the 1992 space usagi miniseries.

55 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I was just on that website... how did you get this data... I’m trying to find the number for the 1992 space usagi miniseries.

You have to know the month the book came out: search that month and then find the book 

Invincible is a fantastic series that i'd recommend anyone reading.  I don't see many "keys" coming out of this series though and values holding steady/rising for #1 and any rare variants.  

IMO #1 (1st print), #50 (2nd print) and #75 (1:50 variant) are the books to have.

I don't see the other 1st app's maintaining value over the long haul.  Allen is a cool character as is Battle Beast but I don't see value rising wild here especially with them not having cover 1st apps.

Side note, I think people should only refer to #110 as a controversial issue as I had it spoiled reading the series in 2020.  Sure, it's many years old but some people show up very late to reading a series and it's not really necessary to throw that spoiler out there.

54 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Invincible is a fantastic series that i'd recommend anyone reading.  I don't see many "keys" coming out of this series though and values holding steady/rising for #1 and any rare variants.  

IMO #1 (1st print), #50 (2nd print) and #75 (1:50 variant) are the books to have.

I don't see the other 1st app's maintaining value over the long haul.  Allen is a cool character as is Battle Beast but I don't see value rising wild here especially with them not having cover 1st apps.

Side note, I think people should only refer to #110 as a controversial issue as I had it spoiled reading the series in 2020.  Sure, it's many years old but some people show up very late to reading a series and it's not really necessary to throw that spoiler out there.

No one thinks 1st Oliver in #26 might be desired at some point?

1 minute ago, carcrawfordfan said:

The circumstances of his story arc makes him a little less sought after 

Maybe tier 3 if separating the books into value tiers?

5 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

The circumstances of his story arc makes him a little less sought after 

Maybe tier 3 if separating the books into value tiers?

I get that. I just feel that if the show is long running and the general populace has not read the actual comic, then the book could be decent for a while (A la WD 27 and other random WD keys when it was still heavily watched by non-readers of the book). Just my 2 cents. I could be 100% wrong and no one gives 2 Sh##s about it. 

Edited by carcrawfordfan

15 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

I'm sure some people think so but again, I don't see 2nd tier characters holding value for a while.  That includes Oliver, Battle Beast, Allen, etc.

Maybe i'll be wrong but I don't see 1 season of an animated show bringing a huge uptick in value of these 1st apps.  Maybe if there's some sustained life in the series further than a couple of seasons of an animated show.  I'd absolutely snag these if you can under 10 bucks but I wouldn't run out at prices of 50-100+.  Again, that's just my opinion.  As much as we speculate, none of us REALLY know where the popularity and price of a book will land in the future.

12 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

I get that. I just feel that if the show is long running and the general populace has not read the actual comic, then the book could be decent for a while (A la WD 27 and other random WD keys when it was still heavily watched by non-readers of the book). Just my 2 cents. I could be 100% wrong and no one gives 2 Sh##s about it. 

Well of course, in that instance I’m sure every book in the series will take off.

But it’s almost an impossibility that another comic-related show will reach TWD levels. That was once in a lifetime

1 minute ago, Keys_Collector said:

I'm sure some people think so but again, I don't see 2nd tier characters holding value for a while.  That includes Oliver, Battle Beast, Allen, etc.

Maybe i'll be wrong but I don't see 1 season of an animated show bringing a huge uptick in value of these 1st apps.  Maybe if there's some sustained life in the series further than a couple of seasons of an animated show.  I'd absolutely snag these if you can under 10 bucks but I wouldn't run out at prices of 50-100+.  Again, that's just my opinion.  As much as we speculate, none of us REALLY know where the popularity and price of a book will land in the future.

The only one of these available below $10 is #26

5 is now a $400+ 9.8 book and a $100+ raw book. Super tough cover to hit a 9.8

Nobody is really discussing holding value, the thread is “moderns heating up”. I doubt anyone sees AF15 future value in any of 1-144.

The point of my original post was just to help the group by highlighting which books are relevant and should see bumps with the market heating on this book. I’ve taken a lot from this group, and hopefully can help someone look for books to target at LCS or yard sales etc. The time for finding value on eBay is probably gone for this series

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Gotta love it when random people browse MCS just and start pulling triggers without a frame of reference 

Now the question is to try to sell the complete couple sets or sell off the keys and bulk out the rest in batches of 10 / 20 books.  Such a great series and a shame to separate them but the price may be high enough on the first 20 issues to make more as singles (especially since they are NM or better copies). Tricky - tricky.

31 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Now the question is to try to sell the complete couple sets or sell off the keys and bulk out the rest in batches of 10 / 20 books.  Such a great series and a shame to separate them but the price may be high enough on the first 20 issues to make more as singles (especially since they are NM or better copies). Tricky - tricky.

I’m trying to determine if this is the spike, or the spike will come once there is a trailer

I think sustained value for Invincible books will only happen if the series sticks in the public consciousness, rather than just with comic fans. That's why Walking Dead took off so much. Because even if you don't watch the show, you've probably at least heard of it. That's also why some Marvel first appearances for major characters hold their value, and some slip back. When the characters are memorable for *everyone* they're more desired.

25 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Gals/Guys, are we all expecting first full appearance of both Robin King and the Darkest Knight to sell hard after August 4 release of Legends of the Dark Knights #1 releases? That 1:25 will be a rare book low print run series so I expect the hype train to choooo choooooo

You don't know what the print run will be.

53 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Gals/Guys, are we all expecting first full appearance of both Robin King and the Darkest Knight to sell hard after August 4 release of Legends of the Dark Knights #1 releases? That 1:25 will be a rare book low print run series so I expect the hype train to choooo choooooo

Whats the print run ? You sound like a typical PnDer in the FB groups who has no idea what they are saying.