• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I'll go with Invincible 44 - 1st appearance of Anissa. 

They do the character right and she could be gold. 

110 on the big/tv screen would be unbelievably shocking.  I think they could do it, just not too crazy.  

But WD did shy away from some of the controversial scenes like this one, so I won't be surprised if they do it again (like the real deaths of Ricks' wife and the baby). 

Patrick

5 hours ago, followtheleader said:

110 on the big/tv screen would be unbelievably shocking.  I think they could do it, just not too crazy.  

But WD did shy away from some of the controversial scenes like this one, so I won't be surprised if they do it again (like the real deaths of Ricks' wife and the baby). 

Patrick

I’m with you on 44...holy cow that pink cover is tough to hit 9.8s on

Edited by GLCBrad

14 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

Gals/Guys, are we all expecting first full appearance of both Robin King and the Darkest Knight to sell hard after August 4 release of Legends of the Dark Knights #1 releases? That 1:25 will be a rare book low print run series so I expect the hype train to choooo choooooo

Looks like the hype train already left the station last week. (shrug)

On 7/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, RJ MacReady said:

The 1:25 of Death Metal: Legend of the Dark Knights #1 will be fire hot first full appearance of Robin King and the Darkest Knight.

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

For season 2 or what is your prediction for? They did announce this show over a year ago.

The show will be on Amazon. If you've seen The Boys you can agree that there aren't really many limits.

They already announced the voice casting as well. I'm sure they could be holding something back though.
https://www.skybound.com/shows/invincible/robert-kirkman-makes-huge-invincible-animated-series-casting-announcement?fbclid=IwAR1rMgNWWB8uppbl1skJk1dwBBQwGVc_fS2MaoOUoFX1zWCoZq0chNhVrIs

Edited by ygogolak

21 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Whats the print run ? You sound like a typical PnDer in the FB groups who has no idea what they are saying.

Under 40k and yes I have sources. same source that told me Hell Arisen 3 would be under 40k. Believe me or don’t I do not care but when u miss out just remember I told ya so:)

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like the hype train already left the station last week. (shrug)

Oh no did you go a page back to find a post of mine!!!’ GASSSSSP. /s

51 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Under 40k and yes I have sources. same source that told me Hell Arisen 3 would be under 40k. Believe me or don’t I do not care but when u miss out just remember I told ya so:)

Oh no did you go a page back to find a post of mine!!!’ GASSSSSP. /s

What's your source?

On 7/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, Second Blight said:

Whats the print run ? You sound like a typical PnDer in the FB groups who has no idea what they are saying.

Since there is no guarantee that either character will last past the end of the mini, for his/her sake I hope they dump it fast..........

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

Since there is no guarantee that either character will last past the end of the mini, for his/her sake I hope they dump it fast..........

That was the basic problem with the '90s implosion. There were comics featuring some specific new characters, or new series, or comics from new publishers that suddenly were worth a lot of money, and then speculators jumped on the first appearance of any new character or series, thinking that there would be value there too. For the value to stick, the interest has to stick, and that's only going to happen under certain circumstances. I haven't been reading the DC stuff, but from what I can gather it seems too wild to maintain steam, since you can't maintain the level of insanity that the storyline is pumping out

2 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

2015 series. Sites I've checked list #9 as Miles joining the 616 Universe. Curious if this is correct.

I don't think I finished that mini, but the first bunch of issues takes place on a world that's a combination of a bunch of different Marvel eras and universes, so it's not technically the 616 but Miles is there. The final issue may be where they all return to the 616 Earth. He's interacting with 616 characters before then, so I'm not sure that the first issue where he's on the 616 Earth is really all that important.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Its the same group that's back in the hobby again. Card hobbyists. They view our hobby differently and did in the 90s as well. They tanked their hobby and then just about destroyed ours in the 90s as well. I hate to have that viewpoint, but when I got to shows I see the same type of mentality now. 

Let them keep buying at inflated prices and invite their friends to join them. I am fine taking money from card collectors in addition to comic collectors. The card guys will get burned in then end, like last time, but we can profit from it, just like last time as well.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That was the basic problem with the '90s implosion. There were comics featuring some specific new characters, or new series, or comics from new publishers that suddenly were worth a lot of money, and then speculators jumped on the first appearance of any new character or series, thinking that there would be value there too. For the value to stick, the interest has to stick, and that's only going to happen under certain circumstances. I haven't been reading the DC stuff, but from what I can gather it seems too wild to maintain steam, since you can't maintain the level of insanity that the storyline is pumping out

The Death Metal stuff will have limited shelf life this time around. The DC books you want to focus on are the regular ongoing titles. Now that Tynion is staying on past Batman 100, his new characters will have some staying power.

1 hour ago, kimik said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its the same group that's back in the hobby again. Card hobbyists. They view our hobby differently and did in the 90s as well. They tanked their hobby and then just about destroyed ours in the 90s as well. I hate to have that viewpoint, but when I got to shows I see the same type of mentality now. 

Let them keep buying at inflated prices and invite their friends to join them. I am fine taking money from card collectors in addition to comic collectors. The card guys will get burned in then end, like last time, but we can profit from it, just like last time as well.

I did the same in the 90s when I was in college. I just hate to see it again. This time they are running websites or are online shops now that become pyramid scams by pushing books. 

After visiting about 7 or 8 shops last weekend I don't think they will survive another round like that again. 

Edited by fastballspecial

8 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I did the same in the 90s when I was in college. I just hate to see it again. This time they are running websites or are online shops now that become pyramid scams by pushing books. 

After visiting about 7 or 8 shops last weekend I don't think they will survive another round like that again. 

Most stores have been struggling the past two years. A couple of friends and I looked at buying two stores in 2018, and passed on both, but the drop in sales from 2015 to 2018 was startling. In both cases, the asking price was not justified by the financials. The smaller store went under, and the other one ended up being an employee buy out (and it has been struggling since). A third store changed hands here as well - they kept ordering a ton of shelf copies while sales dropped from 2015 onwards and were sold for pennies on the dollar as a result.

Being a LCS owner is not an easy way to make your primary income IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

Most stores have been struggling the past two years. A couple of friends and I looked at buying two stores in 2018, and passed on both, but the drop in sales from 2015 to 2018 was startling. In both cases, the asking price was not justified by the financials. The smaller store went under, and the other one ended up being an employee buy out (and it has been struggling since). A third store changed hands here as well - they kept ordering a ton of shelf copies while sales dropped from 2015 onwards and were sold for pennies on the dollar as a result.

Being a LCS owner is not an easy way to make your primary income IMHO. 

Makes me think of a discussion I just had with an LCS owner. He was saying how when things were going full-steam in the 90's, Silver Sable 1 was a disappointment at only 500,000 copies sold. Then he said, can you imagine a book selling that many copies now?!?