• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, followtheleader said:
On 7/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, Corona smith said:

Batman/Superman 22 Batman Beyond First DCU is picking up. Predates Annual 4.  

Thanks for posting.  

Didn't realize he was in 22.  I'll have to go back and re-read it. 

Patrick

Indeed!

B:S22a 1.jpeg

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That was the basic problem with the '90s implosion. There were comics featuring some specific new characters, or new series, or comics from new publishers that suddenly were worth a lot of money, and then speculators jumped on the first appearance of any new character or series, thinking that there would be value there too. For the value to stick, the interest has to stick, and that's only going to happen under certain circumstances. I haven't been reading the DC stuff, but from what I can gather it seems too wild to maintain steam, since you can't maintain the level of insanity that the storyline is pumping out

That makes sense to me because youd legit have to NOT be paying attention to DC books right now to think Punchline isnt going to be a priority for DC comics going forward. I mean WB reserved the rights to use her on film not even a month ago. Tynion has been really up front about her not being a one and done character. I'm dead serious, if you dont have that book get it and get it now. I expect it to continue to rise with Harley 75 and Batman 97. ts a 200.00 dollar 9.8 at the moment which is nothing compared to what it will be. It's a low print run book 35k total and it really just was not a book people got a heads up on and thus was ridiculously under ordered. i dont need to tell you this as it was reported on everywhere. obviously. As for Robin King. Im not nearly as sold not even close. but it doesnt matter if the print run is low because the Batman Who Laughs hype is absolutely ridiculous. They wont kill him off any time soon and trust me, if you can get the first full. do so. period. Also first full of next BMWLs evolution the Darkest Knight.  

Edited by RJ MacReady

5 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

They wont kill him off any time soon and trust me, if you can get the first full. do so. period. Also first full of next BMWLs evolution the Darkest Knight.  

I don't get how the Legends of the Dark Knights is supposed to be the first full appearance of the Darkest Knight.

In Death Metal #2 he's revealed and literally says his name out loud. To me, that's more than a cameo but what do I know?

15 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't think I finished that mini, but the first bunch of issues takes place on a world that's a combination of a bunch of different Marvel eras and universes, so it's not technically the 616 but Miles is there. The final issue may be where they all return to the 616 Earth. He's interacting with 616 characters before then, so I'm not sure that the first issue where he's on the 616 Earth is really all that important.

Importance is subjective. I just wanted clarification of what sites are saying that Miles is integrated into the main Marvel universe in that issue. 

44 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

Importance is subjective. I just wanted clarification of what sites are saying that Miles is integrated into the main Marvel universe in that issue. 

I think there's a debate to be had about when one can consider him integrated into the Marvel Universe, considering the storyline.

Not quite heating up on eBay because no copies have been listed, but Ezequiel Himes #2 from Amigo was only at one of three local shops today. The other two shops say it was a shipping delay with some other indie publishers as well. After #1 kind of being a sleeper heat, this one might catch fire as copies slowly make it to eBay. I’m curious is this shipping issue is in other regions of the US...

7 hours ago, Jitstark said:

In Death Metal #2 he's revealed and literally says his name out loud. To me, that's more than a cameo but what do I know?

I'm going to guess that happens on a single page. Yeah, that's a brief appearance.

8 minutes ago, johnenock said:

Just sold 22 and 23 set for 60 within hours of listing. Not sure if that's Batman Beyond though...he refers to him as Tim!

it's one of the many issues I would come across in bins and never give a second chance at because it's one of those books that will never be worth anything!

10 hours ago, Jitstark said:

I don't get how the Legends of the Dark Knights is supposed to be the first full appearance of the Darkest Knight.

Death metal 2 was the cameo. Trust me on this. 

Would that make Death Metal 2 also the death of BWL? Or first transformation of BWL?

This will soon be followed by the first appearance of the Really Darkest Knight (RDK)

Edited by Avi

9 minutes ago, Avi said:

Would that make Death Metal 2 also the death of BWL? Or first transformation of BWL?

This will soon be followed by the first appearance of the Really Darkest Knight (RDK)

Here is the first image of RDK that my friend's uncle's aunt's sister's cousin's nephew guaranteed to me to be true:

Bane | The Show