• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, Lazyboy said:
On 7/24/2020 at 2:02 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

As covered earlier in this thread, it's 100% Tim Drake. They even made an action figure of it and it name him on the back of the package.

(thumbsu

It's allegedly getting hot as

It's definitely hot, not allegedly hot.

it's the first Batman Beyond appearance in continuity regardless of who's in the suit. 

Terry McGinnis is Batman in Batman Beyond. Batman Beyond is the title of an animated TV series and its comic book adaptation(s). If it's not Terry, it's not the Batman from Batman Beyond, regardless of what suit some alternate Batman is wearing.

It's comics, not neurophysics. :banana:

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

And just like that... Space Usagi 1 ( vol 1) is a 90 dollar book now... just sold on ebay... good luck finding this ghost  before the show.

@comicsyte95 ( can you believe it? I wish I bought your copy as well yesterday)

Pulled one out of a Dollar Box today.  :banana:

14 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Exactly. I don't know why so many people involved with comics have so much trouble with simple concepts.

There is a real drive on social media to prove that it is Terry not Tim but so far there is zero evidence to support this.  Some are citing DC Fan cites and a book called the Essential Batman Encyclopedia which has a small excerpt where the writer called that character Terry.  I doubt he actually read the comic though.  Also there have been claims of Tim being an error but there I have not seen this anywhere and how does a toy get made if it is an error?  I wonder if reprints changed the name to Terry?  The story supports it being a world conjured by the Joker.  At the time, in DC comics, Tim Drake was Robin.  Maybe Loeb is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and got confused or maybe he is a genius and threw Tim in there as a joke. I suspect the former to be true. And finally, the Earth is not named so we don't even know it is Earth-12.  I would like to know if it was an error but it doesn't appear to be the case.  And finally, Batman Beyond appeared 5 years earlier in two books, One Million 80 Page Giant and World's Funnest.

I’m glad The Beauty is taking off. I’m not caught up with the run in terms of reading, but I really liked the first 10 issues or so. That Frison variant of number 1 is also one of my favorite covers of hers, glad I got one signed by her at Heroes Con last year. 

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I’m glad The Beauty is taking off. I’m not caught up with the run in terms of reading, but I really liked the first 10 issues or so. That Frison variant of number 1 is also one of my favorite covers of hers, glad I got one signed by her at Heroes Con last year. 

I picked up two of the frison variants when they came out. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! Off to ebay!

Edited by Bird
okay, sold first one for $40 shipped within an hour of listing! Hot is right!...and sold 2nd for same price! Done! Thanks guys!