• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I picked up two of the frison variants when they came out. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! Off to ebay!

Nice on the sales! I’m probably gonna sell an A cover and a C, but I like the Frison too much to sell (right now at least). Note that the later issues have tiny print runs and they all have B variants. Fantastic cover art scattered all through this series.

To any unfamiliar, this is the Frison... it’s just lovely:

74124711-B187-4AD3-9BCE-1DCFED21BC77.jpeg

Edited by BishopT

40 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Nice on the sales! I’m probably gonna sell an A cover and a C, but I like the Frison too much to sell (right now at least). Note that the later issues have tiny print runs and they all have B variants. Fantastic cover art scattered all through this series.

To any unfamiliar, this is the Frison... it’s just lovely:

74124711-B187-4AD3-9BCE-1DCFED21BC77.jpeg

why is it heating up ?

Optioned for development with Ryan Murphy (NIp Tuck, AHS, and the American Crime Story series that featured OJ in season 1 and the murder of Versace in season 2) for Netflix. So if it actually happens, good chance it’ll be quality.

Edited by BishopT

38 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Optioned for development with Ryan Murphy (NIp Tuck, AHS, and the American Crime Story series that featured OJ in season 1 and the murder of Versace in season 2) for Netflix. So if it actually happens, good chance it’ll be quality.

Thanks. Do you have a valid source for this info ?

19 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I mean, key comics app. But, no... no news story I can find authenticating it.

Point taken, but that’s supposedly why it’s taking off. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Im just glad it’s getting attention, and if the rumor is valid, I hope it’s a good show.

Edited by BishopT

18 minutes ago, BishopT said:
38 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I mean, key comics app. But, no... no news story I can find authenticating it.

Point taken, but that’s supposedly why it’s taking off. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Im just glad it’s getting attention, and if the rumor is valid, I hope it’s a good show.

Yes but by the same token if you cant confirm anything then really we can shoot the messenger. lol

Picked up Thanos 13 3rd print today for$5.   Liked the cover as I enjoy the Cosmic Ghost Rider.  Bit surprised at the price.  Seems like its been steadily rising from $25 to $45 in the past 2 weeks.

Patrick

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes but by the same token if you cant confirm anything then really we can shoot the messenger. lol

Still the book is heating up, and that’s the fact. Reporting on that and only answering as to why with my best guess given what information I have? So it was best I didn’t say anything, period.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Still the book is heating up, and that’s the fact. Reporting on that and only answering as to why with my best guess given what information I have? So it was best I didn’t say anything, period.

I'm just pulling your chain don't get all upset on my account. :baiting:

Next time you can just PM the info forget these other fools. :tink:

Just now, fastballspecial said:

I'm just pulling your chain don't get all upset on my account. :baiting:

Next time you can just PM the info forget these other fools. :tink:

Sorry, I’ve been riled up all day. I guess I took it out on ya. Cheers brother.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

Felt like this book would make a good show when it came out. The fact that it's a twist on the typical virus story may work in it's favor. Either that or people will be sick of the hundreds of virus stories bound to be showing whenever it comes out (shrug)

4 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Felt like this book would make a good show when it came out. The fact that it's a twist on the typical virus story may work in it's favor. Either that or people will be sick of the hundreds of virus stories bound to be showing whenever it comes out (shrug)

I didn’t even think of “virus fatigue”...

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Picked up Thanos 13 3rd print today for$5.   Liked the cover as I enjoy the Cosmic Ghost Rider.  Bit surprised at the price.  Seems like its been steadily rising from $25 to $45 in the past 2 weeks.

Patrick

People have been pushing it as the first cover appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider. Problem with that is that is, he was on the second print as well.

7 minutes ago, bellrules said:

People have been pushing it as the first cover appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider. Problem with that is that is, he was on the second print as well.

True but the third printing is the better Cosmic Ghost Rider cover. The 2nd print cover is squarely centered on King Thanos with CGR standing beside him looking kind of lame. 3rd print ,CGR is flying in solo on his cosmic cycle with guns a blazing. No wonder it's a fan favorite.

1 minute ago, kairos70 said:

True but the third printing is the better Cosmic Ghost Rider cover. The 2nd print cover is squarely centered on King Thanos with CGR standing beside him looking kind of lame. 3rd print ,CGR is flying in solo on his cosmic cycle with guns a blazing. No wonder it's a fan favorite.

Ah yes, the "cooler cover" argument of pump and dump. Doesn't change the fact that it's incorrectly being pushed as the first cover appearance. 

Just now, bellrules said:

Ah yes, the "cooler cover" argument of pump and dump. Doesn't change the fact that it's incorrectly being pushed as the first cover appearance. 

Hmmm....just checked most of the current listings for Thanos #13 third printing and none of them tout the comic as the "first cover appearance". The listings state it's the first appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider which it is. 

2 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Hmmm....just checked most of the current listings for Thanos #13 third printing and none of them tout the comic as the "first cover appearance". The listings state it's the first appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider which it is. 

Image may contain: text that says '02-UK 16:58 369 **HEATING UP!!** THA... CURRENTLY HEATING UP ON EBAY DUE TO RUMOURS OF COSMIC GHOST RIDER'S INVOLVEMENT IN NEW CATES EVENT KING IN BLACK LIKE VENOM #3 3RD PRINT WITH KNULL, THIS IS COSMIC GHOST RIDER'S 1ST COVER APPEARANCE ON HIS DEBUT ISSUE THANOS #13 3RD PRINT LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE CLICK HERE TO ORDER'