• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2020 at 6:07 PM, kairos70 said:

Yeah it did. That's why I'm not sure why people are whining about pumping and dumping. I don't remember any of the later printings selling out. Many were on the shelves for weeks. They easily could have been bought for cover price or less. Once the first print went over $100 then collectors went looking for the later printings. 2nd print sell for around $35, 3rd print for around $40 or higher. Some sellers are testing the waters to see if they can get a hundred or more for the 3rd printing. Strange things have been happening with the Cates comics so anything could happen pricewise.

I pulled out the copy I paid cover plus shipping for and sold for $85 today. Didn’t realize it had heated up so much. 

36 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I pulled out the copy I paid cover plus shipping for and sold for $85 today. Didn’t realize it had heated up so much. 

Just blowing my mind. 

Congrats on the price.  Honestly thinking of selling mine.  

Someone listed one for $80.  Between yours and that one, it may move the book from $45 to $80s pretty quickly. 

Patrick

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Death+Metal+legends+of+the+dark+knights+%231&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

I tried to tell you guys. People barked but proof is in the pudding if you didn’t get the 1:25 you are missing out. 

SPOILERS follow:

Robin King is Bruce Wayne. He kills his parents, Alfred, Gordon all in this book. He also microwaves a kitten. Dead serious. Possible book of the year here. First full of him and Darkest Knight confirmed the 1:25 is first Robin King in cover as well.

Edited by RJ MacReady

2 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Death+Metal+legends+of+the+dark+knights+%231&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

I tried to tell you guys. People barked but proof is in the pudding if you didn’t get the 1:25 you are missing out. 

SPOILERS follow:

Robing King is Bruce Wayne. He kills his parents, Alfred, Gordon all in this book. He also microwaves a kitten. Dead serious. Possible book of the year here. First full of him and Darkest Knight confirmed the 1:25 is first Robin King in cover as well.

Is that a dinosaur? 

On 7/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, fastballspecial said:

Anymore I just ride the wave of stupidity. 

Eventually it will crest, but on the way I might as well make some money. 

^^ Seriously . . . ride the wave! 

But soon, people are going to ask themselves - Why did I buy this? And in plastic yet?? "That's not my beautiful house."

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
8 hours ago, manetteska said:

Is that a dinosaur? 

That's Ace the Bat Rex

The problem is, I can’t tell if this reply is a joke or not. 

I didn’t think dinos were very metal; where are the head-banging zombies and women writhing on top of Trans Ams?

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

I didn’t think dinos were very metal; where are the head-banging zombies and women writhing on top of Trans Ams?

Kind of a joke but not. In Death Metal #1 there is a Multiverse version of Batman as a T-Rex dinosaur whose name is "B-Rex". He talks and wears a cowl.o.O

17 minutes ago, kairos70 said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Kind of a joke but not. In Death Metal #1 there is a Multiverse version of Batman as a T-Rex dinosaur whose name is "B-Rex". He talks and wears a cowl.o.O

Cat Jump From 24 Miles Up In Space (animated gif) : pics

14 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Thor #2 came out in January 2020 and Strange Academy came out in March so surely the first appearance of those characters is in Thor #2?

Both are selling really well. 

It was also in a bunch of other titles that month. I saw someone say that those didn't count as a first appearance as it was a preview/pre-print. (I think people are just making up these terms now) To me, those 9 pages of the first issue preview counts as their first appearance. Most won't agree saying its not like FOOM or Marvel Age, or....It only maters when people want it to matter. ( because they own 10 copies) Thor 2 however fires on all cylinders. The preview was also part of the second and third print for Thor. Will those be like the other later print hysteria that's currently gripping the collecting world?

Edited by bellrules

13 minutes ago, bellrules said:

To me, those 9 pages of the first issue preview counts as their first appearance.

Previews are ads. They certainly aren't first appearances.

13 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Most won't agree saying its not like FOOM or Marvel Age, or....It only maters when people want it to matter.

No, they never matter.