• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, bellrules said:

It was also in a bunch of other titles that month. I saw someone say that those didn't count as a first appearance as it was a preview/pre-print. (I think people are just making up these terms now) To me, those 9 pages of the first issue preview counts as their first appearance. Most won't agree saying its not like FOOM or Marvel Age, or....It only maters when people want it to matter. ( because they own 10 copies) Thor 2 however fires on all cylinders. The preview was also part of the second and third print for Thor. Will those be like the other later print hysteria that's currently gripping the collecting world?

This sounds like first walking dead in previews in capes or...agents? They get some notice but Walking Dead 1 still gets more...

And something previewed in Morning Glories 14...Peter Panzerfaust?

12 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Death+Metal+legends+of+the+dark+knights+%231&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

I tried to tell you guys. People barked but proof is in the pudding if you didn’t get the 1:25 you are missing out. 

SPOILERS follow:

Robin King is Bruce Wayne. He kills his parents, Alfred, Gordon all in this book. He also microwaves a kitten. Dead serious. Possible book of the year here. First full of him and Darkest Knight confirmed the 1:25 is first Robin King in cover as well.

Let’s pump the breaks on a few people PRE-ORDERING a book that comes out next week. My three LCS ordered copies aplenty and this book shouldn’t be in short supply. Talk to me the first week of September when it’s been out a month. I don’t see it being a $25 book then.

4 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Let’s pump the breaks on a few people PRE-ORDERING a book that comes out next week. My three LCS ordered copies aplenty and this book shouldn’t be in short supply. Talk to me the first week of September when it’s been out a month. I don’t see it being a $25 book then.

I want to say your right and this shouldnt hold up, but people buying, selling and speculating these days just dont follow the normal pattern. Look at Nightwing 70 first print. Absolutely nothing happens in that book...yet its still a $20 book 3 months after release.

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

agreed.. billboards aren't the first appearance of a movie.. 

Not quite the same format, but ok. Better tell all those people driving up the price on Thor 229.

Edited by bellrules

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Nor are commercials/trailers.

Who collects commercials and trailers and how does this apply to printed media? I agree it's a fringe area, but then again someone paid 3000 for a 9.8 previews that had Miles Morales on the cover. There is no logic to what people are losing their minds over. 

5 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Who collects commercials and trailers and how does this apply to printed media? I agree it's a fringe area, but then again someone paid 3000 for a 9.8 previews that had Miles Morales on the cover. There is no logic to what people are losing their minds over. 

Ads are ads.

People paying money for ads are :censored: insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

18 minutes ago, bellrules said:

obviously he's buying it before the price goes up! 

1 hour ago, bellrules said:

It was also in a bunch of other titles that month. I saw someone say that those didn't count as a first appearance as it was a preview/pre-print.

Cool, I only buy Thor so didn't know it was in other books as well.

12 hours ago, divad said:

^^ Seriously . . . ride the wave! 

But soon, people are going to ask themselves - Why did I buy this? And in plastic yet?? "That's not my beautiful house."

Liked for the Talking Heads reference

47 minutes ago, Avi said:

I want to say your right and this shouldnt hold up, but people buying, selling and speculating these days just dont follow the normal pattern. Look at Nightwing 70 first print. Absolutely nothing happens in that book...yet its still a $20 book 3 months after release.

I agree. I brought a Nightwing on release day, read it and it was boring. I look on ebay a week ago and see what they are going for and couldn't believe it. Sold mine for £30 last week.

22 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Is it the low print run and low availability due to Covid?

For Nightwing? I doubt it as these were released in early-mid March I think. They would have already been printed and shipped to stores before Covid shut things down.

3 hours ago, bellrules said:

It was also in a bunch of other titles that month. I saw someone say that those didn't count as a first appearance as it was a preview/pre-print. (I think people are just making up these terms now) To me, those 9 pages of the first issue preview counts as their first appearance.

The market has turned its back on this line of thinking.  Besides, if you're going to call that a first appearance, why stop there?  The Previews had an earlier appearance.

39 minutes ago, 500Club said:

The market has turned its back on this line of thinking.  Besides, if you're going to call that a first appearance, why stop there?  The Previews had an earlier appearance.

Can the previews be graded? Asking for a friend...