• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Let’s pump the breaks on a few people PRE-ORDERING a book that comes out next week. My three LCS ordered copies aplenty and this book shouldn’t be in short supply. Talk to me the first week of September when it’s been out a month. I don’t see it being a $25 book then.

It was ordered heavily by all of the store owners I talked to here in town as well, including the ones that had cut back the past couple of months due to COVID recovery. Now that their cashflow is back up to more normal levels they are all ordering more shelf copies of 1st appearances. They whiffed on SA 1, Thor 2-6, and Venom 25/26, Batman 89/90/92. It looks like the COVID downturn may not last as long as I was expecting, damnit.

So I have the complete series currently but I guess I don’t really understand why immortal hulk 2 is as valuable as it is. Sure I realize it’s a first appearance for a character but does that character even matter though?

same for the venom and thor craze. Do those characters actually matter?

3 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

So I have the complete series currently but I guess I don’t really understand why immortal hulk 2 is as valuable as it is. Sure I realize it’s a first appearance for a character but does that character even matter though?

My opinion is that Thor is the Immortal Hulk of 2020. People going back to get issues they missed to complete their runs. No real first appearances of characters that matter. Venom has always been popular so it's a little different. 

7 hours ago, bellrules said:

It was also in a bunch of other titles that month. I saw someone say that those didn't count as a first appearance as it was a preview/pre-print. (I think people are just making up these terms now) To me, those 9 pages of the first issue preview counts as their first appearance. Most won't agree saying its not like FOOM or Marvel Age, or....It only maters when people want it to matter. ( because they own 10 copies) Thor 2 however fires on all cylinders. The preview was also part of the second and third print for Thor. Will those be like the other later print hysteria that's currently gripping the collecting world?

Yeah, Daredevil #17 also contained the Strange Academy preview. It sells for slightly above cover.

27 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Honestly, I think we've all been waiting for that character to become important in a later arc.  I still think it will happen,  but its more likely due to print run than anything else. 

Patrick

9 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Let’s pump the breaks on a few people PRE-ORDERING a book that comes out next week. My three LCS ordered copies aplenty and this book shouldn’t be in short supply. Talk to me the first week of September when it’s been out a month. I don’t see it being a $25 book then.

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/robin-king-1st-app/1233/352

keep snoozing on it I dare ya 

4 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

collectors need comics to collect... weird there's craze for a character named Virus of all things

Edited by littledoom

Space Usagi 1 sold for 50 on ebay if not more.... It was initially an auction starting at 50 dollars but sold by best offer so likely the seller got a lot more.

There is an insane listing for 800 bucks now for a NM copy of Space Usagi 1...getting a bunch of views 

Edited by Wolverinex

2 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

I think what he is saying is that he is not getting involved in the prerelease hysteria and would rather buy the book when it comes out. 

If the LCS did not underorder to a great extent, there should be copies available for people who come early.

Why pay a lot of money to guarantee a copy of something that you can find at cover next week?

25 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I think what he is saying is that he is not getting involved in the prerelease hysteria and would rather buy the book when it comes out. 

If the LCS did not underorder to a great extent, there should be copies available for people who come early.

Why pay a lot of money to guarantee a copy of something that you can find at cover next week?

I have no doubt you’ll snag an A cover at your LCS. What you won’t snag is that 1:25 with Robin King on the cover. That will be the big dollar book at least 6 shops here in Illinois couldn’t even order that incentive maybe they get some in anyways. I have a feeling this was under ordered too but I could be wrong. Shops in my area know Jack about this book nor its importance. Happy Hunting.

Edited by RJ MacReady

3 hours ago, divad said:

Even if it is fugly. :bigsmile:

Maybe instead of trolling you Contribute something meaningful to the conversation?Just a thought as we all understand you don’t like it. You thinks it’s ugly that’s fine. Others like it. Which is explained by the $80 value. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:17 PM, Ace Bandage said:

Not a huge increase but Young Avengers #1 has crossed the $300 mark for 9.8's.     Probably driven by the Disney+ Kate Bishop casting news. 

Can't believe a Director's copy sold for $400.00 on the gpa (not that someone couldn't "pump" the price) but Its possible. Far fewer of the director's cut on the census than the original cover so the sale would make sense. Never understood why it always under performed when compared to the regular counterpart for that same reason.