• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Maybe instead of trolling you Contribute something meaningful to the conversation?Just a thought as we all understand you don’t like it. You thinks it’s ugly that’s fine. Others like it. Which is explained by the $80 value. 

Trolling is his MO Imagine him in real life lol

16 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Space Usagi 1 sold for 50 on ebay if not more.... It was initially an auction starting at 50 dollars but sold by best offer so likely the seller got a lot more.

There is an insane listing for 800 bucks now for a NM copy of Space Usagi 1...getting a bunch of views 

It only got 1 bid of $49.99 (+$6 standard ship[ing) if its this one you're talking about. Now, let's wait a bit to see if it gets relisted (in case the purchase fell through for whatever reason).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Usagi-Yojimbo-1-First-Series-1992-Mirage-Stan-Sakai-NETFLIX-/114327575307?hash=item1a9e745b0b%3Ag%3AiwMAAOSw-elfIOTT&nma=true&si=2Ll%2FvP2rQhqaE%2BMzaB%2BHLMiQyDM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Sold for $60

i have 2 more copies. This was the worst of the 3 I will be selling one in my upcoming (shameless plug) raw sales thread starting tonight on the boards 

Congrats!

35 minutes ago, comixry said:

It only got 1 bid of $49.99 (+$6 standard ship[ing) if its this one you're talking about. Now, let's wait a bit to see if it gets relisted (in case the purchase fell through for whatever reason).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Usagi-Yojimbo-1-First-Series-1992-Mirage-Stan-Sakai-NETFLIX-/114327575307?hash=item1a9e745b0b%3Ag%3AiwMAAOSw-elfIOTT&nma=true&si=2Ll%2FvP2rQhqaE%2BMzaB%2BHLMiQyDM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No it sold by best offer at $60. The listing ended shortly after getting listed. I asked the seller.

Edited by Wolverinex

Captain Marvel 18 is doing well. Thor 5 2nd print doing well. Thor is a great story right now.  Nice to see.

Lucked out and got a pre-order for the Death Metal Legends of the Dark Night 1. Both reg cover and 1/25 variant.
I usually don't luck out that strongly on ultra hot variant pre-orders. I feel like I won the lottery.

20 minutes ago, comixry said:

Sweet! Sakai's work is so underrated that its nice to see it brought back to today's audience.

I know. I'm also glad he is finally getting some recognition!   Obviously Albedo 2 is starting to get out of range for most buyers. Glad to see other books starting to gain heat.

When I reading space usagi,  I realized what a fantastic storyteller Sakai is.  Has aged well! Can't wait to see what he does with his new Netflix show!

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I know. I'm also glad he is finally getting some recognition!   Obviously Albedo 2 is starting to get out of range for most buyers. Glad to see other books starting to gain heat.

When I reading space usagi,  I realized what a fantastic storyteller Sakai is.  Has aged well! Can't wait to see what he does with his new Netflix show!

LOL, don't get me started with Albedo #2! I have to painfully remind myself that boat has sailed a looong time ago for me.

3 minutes ago, comixry said:

LOL, don't get me started with Albedo #2! I have to painfully remind myself that boat has sailed a looong time ago for me.

Here's a new one that just got listed

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F203049763677&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001

Edited by Wolverinex

16 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

Can't believe a Director's copy sold for $400.00 on the gpa (not that someone couldn't "pump" the price) but Its possible. Far fewer of the director's cut on the census than the original cover so the sale would make sense. Never understood why it always under performed when compared to the regular counterpart for that same reason. 

What is the story behind the Director's Cut anyway?   $400 is crazy, they usually sell for much less that the regular issue. 

Also I haven't heard of any newsstand copies of this issue.   Pretty sure they exist though.  Ever seen any? 

Edited by Ace Bandage

18 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Maybe instead of trolling you Contribute something meaningful to the conversation?Just a thought as we all understand you don’t like it. You thinks it’s ugly that’s fine. Others like it. Which is explained by the $80 value. 

Ok doc, if you don't mind, I'd like a second opinion . . . it's freakin' fugly! :bigsmile:

Uh, nothing personal. As to value on the current MP, we all know what that means. :insane:

Edited by divad

11 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

Trolling is his MO Imagine him in real life lol

It's only trolling, if I care what you think . . . and,

I don't. Mr. 1-book JO. :bigsmile: