• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, divad said:

It's only trolling, if I care what you think . . . and,

I don't. Mr. 1-book JO. :bigsmile:

Missing out makes me wanna troll too!!!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥pumpin all day, sweet heart.

Edited by RJ MacReady

1 hour ago, Ace Bandage said:

What is the story behind the Director's Cut anyway?   $400 is crazy, they usually sell for much less that the regular issue. 

Also I haven't heard of any newsstand copies of this issue.   Pretty sure they exist though.  Ever seen any? 

I'm not sure what the print run numbers are on the Director's cut vs the standard cover (87,991 was supposedly the print numbers but not entirely sure if that includes all 3 variants or just the standard cover) but based on the cgc census, I'm pretty sure its safe to say that the director's cut is much lower in comparison. At one point, there were those who suggested that the Wizard World LA variant was limited to around 500 copies but since then, that number has been considered a bit too low. I'd image at the very most, the WWLA copies must be a couple of thousand or less but that's just a guess. As far as newsstand copies, I've only seen direct editions. 

Edited by Timeless icons

9 hours ago, littledoom said:

Who would have thought Annihilation Conquest Wraith #1 would be a $100+ book? ... looks like it's only climbing up!!!

I did. After reading the TPB when it came out. Something about the character stood out. A very unique character who is a Kree? Smacked of promise for future use.

Seriously - read the mini, if you get a chance.

10 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

I'm not sure what the print run numbers are on the Director's cut vs the standard cover (87,991 was supposedly the print numbers but not entirely sure if that includes all 3 variants or just the standard cover) but based on the cgc census, I'm pretty sure its safe to say that the director's cut is much lower in comparison. At one point, there were those who suggested that the Wizard World LA variant was limited to around 500 copies but since then, that number has been considered a bit too low. I'd image at the very most, the WWLA copies must be a couple of thousand or less but that's just a guess. As far as newsstand copies, I've only seen direct editions. 

I have been opportunistically piling up 9.8's w/  5 standard covers and one WWLA. I frankly had been ignoring the Director's cuts but maybe I shouldn't have been.  :)

43 minutes ago, Ace Bandage said:

I have been opportunistically piling up 9.8's w/  5 standard covers and one WWLA. I frankly had been ignoring the Director's cuts but maybe I shouldn't have been.  :)

And don't forget the HTF WWLA Exclusive CGC 9.5 special edition

4 hours ago, Ace Bandage said:

lol As a collector, I've been known to go overboard as well when collecting. It's tough to separate my collection addiction from my website (not a shameless plug, just sad fact lol). I've also been collecting 9.8 copies for about 3-4 years. I believe I'm up to 12 WWLA 9.8 copies, 1SS WWLA, a Dir cut and a regular cover 9.8 as well. I do that a lot with characters I like. I piled up Batman Arkham knight 1 years ago and I've only added to it since lol. This pic is old but along the way, I picked up a 9.8 gamestop store gold variant as well. 

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Aren't Director's cuts basically reprints, some some additional bonus material?

Could be but the did come out at the same time according to CGC labeling. I haven't investigated the interior on a copy since I only have a regular covered copy in raw but I am curious. 

3 hours ago, camera73 said:

And don't forget the HTF WWLA Exclusive CGC 9.5 special edition

So strange that such a grade exists today. I've seen it around on E-Bay before. One thing is for sure... If I DID pick that up, I'd keep the label. It's definitely different. 

0110161542581.jpg

So the new batman legends robin king 1 in 25 variant is selling over $200 or more for a preorder?  Now i believe in capitalism and you being able to sell whatever you want for whatever some one is willing to pay, but this book isnt even out yet.  So i assume all these over priced preorder sales are from comic shop owners.  I just dont get how you can sell an item for that amount when im sure DC has a maybe $10 amount listed for the variant.  So how are presales already that high of an asking price?

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

Holy mackerel on All New Marvel Now Point One 2nd print!

Wow the last few sales really spiked. I’ve only got 1 2nd print. CGC 9.6. Can’t say I got it as cheap as 5 below but $66 sounds about right. I do own 7-8 copies of the first print, mostly CGCs but a few raw. Makes me wish I would’ve picked up more 2nd prints.

Didn’t those last few sales surpass the 1st by a lot? To bad it didn’t come out the previous year and we could be talking about how much the newsstands were going for. 

Character I invested heavily in and it’s a long term hold for me. 

FAA07B33-CB2F-4A05-93F2-855D65CD545A.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

So the new batman legends robin king 1 in 25 variant is selling over $200 or more for a preorder?  Now i believe in capitalism and you being able to sell whatever you want for whatever some one is willing to pay, but this book isnt even out yet.  So i assume all these over priced preorder sales are from comic shop owners.  I just dont get how you can sell an item for that amount when im sure DC has a maybe $10 amount listed for the variant.  So how are presales already that high of an asking price?

Because comic retail operates in a unregulated market. There is no governing body to step in and say, no that's too much or no seller, you have to stick to a set price. Prices settle at whatever the market will bear. Most shops price their ratio variants at Ebay prices. So where a 1:25 would typically retail at $25 now it's priced at whatever its selling for on ebay. One shop I go to doesn't play the Ebay game. He uses ratio variants to reward his customers. I was given a Batman #94 1:25 at no cost and a Negan silver variant for cover price. It just depends on the retailer and their culture.

14 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Because comic retail operates in a unregulated market. There is no governing body to step in and say, no that's too much or no seller, you have to stick to a set price. Prices settle at whatever the market will bear. Most shops price their ratio variants at Ebay prices. So where a 1:25 would typically retail at $25 now it's priced at whatever its selling for on ebay. One shop I go to doesn't play the Ebay game. He uses ratio variants to reward his customers. I was given a Batman #94 1:25 at no cost and a Negan silver variant for cover price. It just depends on the retailer and their culture.

name of LCS? lol.