• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, spreads said:

I don't.  I have about 80% of the run to 300 (not including variants) and was going to stop collecting there.  Within the last two weeks I got lucky on a local buy that had 25 issues in the 200s I needed for my run....when I acquired 174 last year I had no idea of its value, I'm wondering if there are other books I should be putting in Mylar/Half backs instead of just a bag/board. 

Check out the prices - you may have some gems. The way to do it these days, however, is to purchase e-copies for reading and only purchase hard copy variants for investing.

53 minutes ago, Gregort said:

Will the lenticular variant of Thanos 13 ever gain value?  I’m surprised everything else has exploded while this just a sits as a $6 book.

The Marvel lenticulars as a whole sold poorly. Retailers were pretty miffed with the way Diamond handled the solicitations for them. Also the quality of the lenticular covers were not that great. You're right about the $6 but Thanos #13 raws might sell for $20-$30 on a good day. The 9.8's maybe $50-$60. You never know though. If someone invokes Donny Cates name enough they may take off..lol

4 hours ago, spreads said:

I know it's been discussed in the past, but Spawn comics are insane!! I was just going over my collection and looking at the gunslinger comics in the 170s - holy hell, makes me think I should just list the whole run at 99 cents and see where it goes.  $200-300 for raws of 174?  

Yeah, I kinda wish I’d have kept my 175, but I got a nice $100 for it last year so I can’t be too mad.

2 hours ago, spreads said:

I don't.  I have about 80% of the run to 300 (not including variants) and was going to stop collecting there.  Within the last two weeks I got lucky on a local buy that had 25 issues in the 200s I needed for my run....when I acquired 174 last year I had no idea of its value, I'm wondering if there are other books I should be putting in Mylar/Half backs instead of just a bag/board. 

Spawn 77.. the angel spawn 

1 hour ago, bellrules said:

One week’s unwanted variant could become next week’s must have variant. Look at Invincible Iron Man 9. For a while, no one wanted the variant; now; it’s the must have. 

I’ve always liked that the later printings of both issues have her on them. The firsts don’t include that so that could account for some of the interest. 

3 hours ago, kairos70 said:

The Marvel lenticulars as a whole sold poorly. Retailers were pretty miffed with the way Diamond handled the solicitations for them. Also the quality of the lenticular covers were not that great. You're right about the $6 but Thanos #13 raws might sell for $20-$30 on a good day. The 9.8's maybe $50-$60. You never know though. If someone invokes Donny Cates name enough they may take off..lol

13 lenticular was up a bit ago.  But I thought the same thing recently, its dirt cheap now.  Kind of silly to me.

Patrick

21 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

13 lenticular was up a bit ago.  But I thought the same thing recently, its dirt cheap now.  Kind of silly to me.

Patrick

Personally, I like the Thanos #13 lenticular. I will pick them up if I see them for $5 or $6 bucks. I had to pretty much give my CGC 9.6 copy away. Cost $35 to grade, I sold it for $25 shipped. It's still a first print first appearance. I might as well have kept it.:tonofbricks:

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The first print is hard enough to find. I cant find a 2nd print yet and I am looking quite a bit.

Before the publication delays, those books were tough from #1-10. I specced on the issue about the dog and the 9/11 tribute issue, but #8 appears to be the one.

But, it’s an amazing run/story, so it’s hard to go wrong with this one.

Edited by BishopT

27 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Personally, I like the Thanos #13 lenticular. I will pick them up if I see them for $5 or $6 bucks. I had to pretty much give my CGC 9.6 copy away. Cost $35 to grade, I sold it for $25 shipped. It's still a first print first appearance. I might as well have kept it.:tonofbricks:

That lenticular Thanos 13 has to be one of the most undervalued books, today.

Even the other card variant goes for much more.

Edited by BishopT

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

Before the publication delays, those books were tough from #1-10. I specced on the issue about the dog and the 9/11 tribute issue, but #8 appears to be the one.

But, it’s an amazing run/story, so it’s hard to go wrong with this one.

Whats really stunning is how fast they can move. A couple of books in my sales thread in just under 1 week have almost doubled including Hawkeye 9

11 hours ago, kairos70 said:

What?  Thanos #13 1st prints are selling for $100 raw.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:41 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I found several of those marvel point one 2nd prints in 5 Below stores

ah the good old days 

Those were times. I had a stack of those ASM 4 variants that I got from those packs. Made great money on them, wish I'd held onto a couple though. Who knew?

2 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Yeah, the raw first print regular cover is a $180 book...we were discussing the first printing lenticular which sells for $5-$6 raw.

I gotcha now.  I’d never seen the lenticular as high as $20 so I was confused.  😂 I see it has sold for $30 recently.  Weird since there are a bunch of $12 listings.

44 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Those were times. I had a stack of those ASM 4 variants that I got from those packs. Made great money on them, wish I'd held onto a couple though. Who knew?

I'm sure there are a bunch of guys from the 60s and 70s who wish they would have held onto their issues justa tiny bit more ;)