• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

People who make more staying home don't make much to begin with. It's not much of a windfall but if it keeps them home, it keeps the virus from spreading too quickly. States that opened their non-essential businesses too early are paying the consequences for that now. But giving everybody some money keeps the things going that are still able to operate. Without that aid, everything will stop and the recovery will be much more difficult for everybody.

It’s all relative. People I’m talking about have netted $1150 a week for 3 months. That’s $14,950 plus $1200 stimulus. The cost of living is super inexpensive here. You can rent a nice house or townhouse for $700 a month or so. Then consider that the majority of these people around here have 2 income households. It ain’t rich but it’s a lot for staying home. 😊

You all have some first world problems, our governement gave people $20 a month for unemployment and most don't even qualify for it. Everyone I know that had to stay home took a paycut of between 20-40% between March and June, my wife's company retrenched 2000 of their 2700 staff members. Thank goodness things are getting back to normal here though but the effect this lockdown had will last for years here.

On the plus side, comic market is so small here we don't have to rush or fight over books. I got Legends of the Dark Knights cover A and 1:25 for $25 but books are delayed her so probably will only arrive next week.

Thor still seems to be a hot seller, thought it would drop but just keeps going. it's nice to see the 1:25 of #2 doing well, which is technically the first Strange Academy.

9 minutes ago, Will96 said:

:o

It is possible that someone (insufficiently_thoughtful_persons) thought this was the darker version of the cover that sometimes sells for a premium even though it is just a print error or the scan could have been darkened. IDK anymore.

2 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I have. There are a couple of shady sellers darkening the image and bamboozling buyers.

Do you think ComicLink darkened that particular scan? 

EDIT: I only ask because I distinctly see one “darker” cover compared to the other maroon covers.

Edited by DTM700

1 minute ago, I like pie said:

I have. There are a couple of shady sellers darkening the image and bamboozling buyers.

That is not true. It legit has a darker cover on some of them. I have seen it myself. I can't account for every seller, but don't spread misinformation. I personally don't think it should sell for any sort of premium. 

1 minute ago, carcrawfordfan said:

I have seen it myself. I can't account for every seller, but don't spread misinformation.

Right. I have too. They are maybe 1/2-1 shade darker copies and there are slightly lighter copies. Like every other book printed.

1 minute ago, carcrawfordfan said:

That is not true. It legit has a darker cover on some of them. I have seen it myself. I can't account for every seller, but don't spread misinformation. I personally don't think it should sell for any sort of premium. 

I disagree. In this hobby there is a niche market for everything: variants, newsstands, PCH, GGA, error covers, etc.