• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

Right. I have too. They are maybe 1/2-1 shade darker copies and there are slightly lighter copies. Like every other book printed.

This. In any print run you're going to have slight variations in how heavy some colors are running. This isn't an error, it's just a variation (*not* a variant). Some people are willing to pay more. I don't see the point. 

32 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This. In any print run you're going to have slight variations in how heavy some colors are running. This isn't an error, it's just a variation (*not* a variant). Some people are willing to pay more. I don't see the point. 

I agree it is not a variant cover, but I do think it is an error in printing. Similar to Saga 41 in which there is a cover with too much black and it is noted in the label. The difference is that Saga 41 was recalled. I think if the "darker" (and by darker I mean black, not dark maroon) EoSV 2 was recalled it would have the same notation on the label. 

Saga 41 cover.jpg

Saga 41 error cover.jpg

Saga 41.jpg

EOsV 2.jpg

EOsV 2 error.jpg

44 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think mine is as dark as any of them I have seen. If anyone wants to pay me a premium, I'll take it but I'm not going to falsely advertise it as error or variant.

I'll just go out and get another copy.

2020-04-22-0002.jpg

2 hours ago, DTM700 said:

I agree it is not a variant cover, but I do think it is an error in printing. Similar to Saga 41 in which there is a cover with too much black and it is noted in the label. The difference is that Saga 41 was recalled. I think if the "darker" (and by darker I mean black, not dark maroon) EoSV 2 was recalled it would have the same notation on the label. 

Saga 41 cover.jpg

Saga 41 error cover.jpg

Saga 41.jpg

EOsV 2.jpg

EOsV 2 error.jpg

These books are uncomparable.

The Saga book was recalled because two interior pages were unreadable and the publisher asked for the printing not to be sold.

Edge of Spiderverse 2 was never recalled. I went through 50 copies of the new Empyre book yesterday and every other copy had a darker shade of red on the cover. Is that book going to be hot? No.

Ice Cream Man 20 (Dr Seuss) was sold out at my LCS so I broke down and paid $12 for one online. I love the cover.

Bounty Hunter 2 is a nice cover that's off to a decent start

I saw one guy bought 3 copies for a total of $600 for the 1:25 Death Meal Legends 1 (1st Robin King).
A 9.8 was sold for $600,... who knows when the crazy train will slow down on that one.

Edited by Rip

If people want to pay more for a color varaition its no different than someone buying a 2nd print marvel point one with kamala Khan over the 1st printing.  I know the all black eos #2 recalls were the 1st printings before being changed over to the magenta color.  In between the black cover and corrected cover was the maroonish darker magenta color.   I think the solid black color cover will command a premium at some point, but the market will dictate when or if it happens.