• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Ace Bandage said:

Aah.. I forgot a critical step. 

From the link you provided, you need to click on the picture of the auction item. It will take you to another version of the auction page. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Showcase-22-CGC-2-5-DC-1959-1st-Green-Lantern-Silver-Hal-Jordan-103-cm-clean-/353101055564?hash=item523676864c%3Ag%3AWckAAOSwIc9e3tlz&nma=true&si=2ON3YXRJIvyuxt5%2B9rugP3SXnac%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Browse down to the section containing the auction info and right click there.  then search. 

I found this when I searched on the item you linked:    "taxExclusivePrice":"2,550.00"

Just a quick note - when you're searching in the "view source" - you can search for:   taxex

There's only one in the page, so you don't have to spell it all the way out.

53 minutes ago, Ace Bandage said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on Totally Incredible Hulk #22 2nd print. (First Appearance of Weapon H)?    That's a 2nd print that is pretty cheap in 9.8.  Just not sure what legs the character has. 

I think that’s a book that was so hot out the gate (1st print) that it was heavily ordered for a 2nd print. It’s still probably lower print than a 1st, but the character has been cold for a while, and personally I think the character is pretty lame. But, who knows...

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

I think that’s a book that was so hot out the gate (1st print) that it was heavily ordered for a 2nd print. It’s still probably lower print than a 1st, but the character has been cold for a while, and personally I think the character is pretty lame. But, who knows...

I made a ton of money on that book. The 2nd prints sold very well for me as well on both front and back sides of the issue. 
He will come back around eventually.

Even beaters of Vengeance #1 are going for $70+. Makes me glad I decided to grab the low-grade copies from Mile High when this book started getting attention a few years back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vengeance-1-1st-App-America-Chavez-1-Marvel-2011-READER-S-COPY-/224114880323?epid=1702088176&hash=item342e49af43%3Ag%3AhI8AAOSwPUNfM29Y&nma=true&si=sYFZpAP8jgg2HhKdrZ3u8RpT1os%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 8/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, GLCBrad said:

Another simple way is to go to the website www.130point.com and choose “search eBay sales” in the main menu.

Type your search parameters and make sure that “include best offer” is checked

This is absurdly easy and mobile-friendly 

Thanks! I’ve been looking for another site since flippertools is offline now. 

8 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

And then someone got one for $80 three days later. Be interesting to see what the one up for auction ends at. I would guess $200+ 

If you search ebay "1-6" you'll only see $80 sales; If you search "1 2 3 4 5 6" .. you'll start to see the $300 sales... It's a set that requires the right keywords like adding "America Chavez/2011" ... unlike the easy to search "Infinity gauntlet 1-6"

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

If you search ebay "1-6" you'll only see $80 sales; If you search "1 2 3 4 5 6" .. you'll start to see the $300 sales... It's a set that requires the right keywords like adding "America Chavez/2011" ... unlike the easy to search "Infinity gauntlet 1-6"

I saw them as I searched 1 6 without the dash. Never put the dash. Ever. 

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

It took me 11 years to get ASM 583B, the Obama cover 1st printing. And I wanted that issue from the day it came out. I felt the FOMO but I allowed myself to miss out when the prices seemed like more than I could make sense of. Prices have gone so crazy with so many books since then. Some of the realized of new books continue to blow me away...not even considering the more insane prices for ratio variants. This year, I finally found a copy of ASM 583 at a nice price. Sometimes, you have to let yourself miss out and keep your eyes open years in the future. Very few books continue the upward trend year after year. It certainly, certainly happens...but most hot books cool, at some point. 2c

I too wanted that comic the Wednesday it released. It was maybe $25. Too rich for my blood at the time. Even the standard Romita Sr cover and 2nd print was in hot demand. I still don’t have a copy of the variant 1st print. I gave up on tracking it down. But I do have the 3rd-5th prints.