• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

I now understand why there is concern about Avengers #33. Sure it's a good story but I wouldn't put in a hundred dollar+ catergory type spec.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-33-2020-Marvel-Comics-First-Print-Scalera-Cover/254609312833?hash=item3b47e5cc41:g:fBIAAOSwC1pezZld#viTabs_0

Hmmm, I don't know about this sale. Somethings amiss. The seller only promises a VG or better comic and his feedback isn't that great.

8 sold

5 @ $2.99, 1 5.99, 1 @ 9.99 & 1 @ 49.99. Not sure if the $149.99 copy actually sold. Still one available.

Edited by kairos70

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

I now understand why there is concern about Avengers #33. Sure it's a good story but I wouldn't put in a hundred dollar+ catergory type spec.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-33-2020-Marvel-Comics-First-Print-Scalera-Cover/254609312833?hash=item3b47e5cc41:g:fBIAAOSwC1pezZld#viTabs_0

Hmmm, I don't know about this sale. Somethings amiss. The seller only promises a VG or better comic and his feedback isn't that great.

8 sold

5 @ $2.99, 1 5.99, 1 @ 9.99 & 1 @ 49.99. Not sure if the $149.99 copy actually sold. Still one available.

This is the new method for some sellers. It looks deceiving until you look at the sales and see none them sold high except the $49.99
, but to the dumb buyer who doesn't look it looks like that book is selling like hot cakes. 

Edited by fastballspecial

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

This is the new method for some sellers. It looks deceiving until you look at the sales and see none them sold high except the $49.99
, but to the dumb buyer who doesn't look it looks like that book is selling like hot cakes. 

I can see it being a $20-25 book but I knew $149.99 looked dubious in the sold listings. Now some $125 buy-it-now listings are popping up. I doubt if anyone takes the bait since there are so many listings under $30.

New Avengers #10 & Infinity #4 are both seeing an increase as well. Thanos son Thanes first appearances. Somewhat related to the new Thor issue. Some think it’s Thane who’s revealed by Black Winter. He does have a gauntlet on the same arm. I myself bought a bunch the last few days. 

On 8/21/2020 at 10:00 PM, kairos70 said:

8 sold

So I grabbed a copy of 33 to 35 today and read it. Its well done. They have brought Moon Knight up to date here and expanded his power greatly.
While I disagree how he easily grabbed several of the Avengers powers I like the upgrade and so will Moon Knight fans. Of course Jason Aaron ties into
his pre-historic run into this as well. I am interested to see where it goes and I liked see an updated Memphisto.

I think it will have legs for awhile at least until the story runs thorough.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, littledoom said:
17 hours ago, comixry said:

Yup, time to unload those Suicide Squad villains (again). Has it been already four years since the first one?

Why is there an announcement?

Companies like to announce these things (SS 2 movie cast) to build excitement, rather than just having them magically appear in a theater near you one Friday. :grin: