• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So I grabbed a copy of 33 to 35 today and read it. Its well done. They have brought Moon Knight up to date here and expanded his power greatly.
While I disagree how he easily grabbed several of the Avengers powers I like the upgrade and so will Moon Knight fans. Of course Jason Aaron ties into
his pre-historic run into this as well. I am interested to see where it goes and I liked see an updated Memphisto.

I think it will have legs for awhile at least until the story runs thorough.

Avengers is on my sub list so I have stuck with the title during the highs and the lows. This story is definitely one of the high moments for the title and there were quite a few continuity affecting moments. Moon Knight defeating certain Avengers does require a suspension of disbelief lol. I'll allow it in order to see where the story is going. 

It's kind of hard to tell people how good the story was after the spec sites started pumping it. They won't listen or think it's hyperbole. Fact of the matter is most of the shops in my area upped their orders at the time of the FOC just because Moon Knight was on the cover(so did I) and it did sell well. Even with the heavy orders some shops sold out way before the spec sites started their reports though.

Elaborating on the Milestone titles mentioned earlier, they will be reviving the characters next year as stated in the article below. Static, ICON, and Rocket, and hardware. As a result Static #1 has been moving up and ICON #1 is on the move trending toward $20-25 a copy. Hardware #1 is still sitting at below $10. ICON #1 also has the benefit of a preview of static predating #1. Technically this makes it the first appearance of Static. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/08/22/milestone-dc-comics-dakotaverse/%3foutputType=amp

RCO028_1591115970.jpg

RCO027_1591115970.jpg

RCO026_1591115970.jpg

Edited by maidenmate91

18 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

:sorry:Well it's still their *ICON, Rocket*  first appearance....:flamed:

Well a month before Static #1 - interesting, as I didn't realise there was a preview and I have quite a few of these lol

@Lazyboywell, for example: Legion of Super-Heres #298 is a preview of Amethyst #1, and that is considered the first appearance of Amethyst ~

But yeah, this is the whole Action Comics #1 vs More Fun Comics #31 debate again ~

Edited by Bart Allen

32 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Well a month before Static #1 - interesting, as I didn't realise there was a preview and I have quite a few of these lol

@Lazyboywell, for example: Legion of Super-Heres #298 is a preview of Amethyst #1, and that is considered the first appearance of Amethyst ~

But yeah, this is the whole Action Comics #1 vs More Fun Comics #31 debate again ~

You have to read the books.  The preview in Legion of Super-Heres #298 is new material not in Amethyst #1. Hence, Legion of Super-Heres #298 can be a  1st appearance.

Edited by catch21

37 minutes ago, catch21 said:

You have to read the books.  The preview in Legion of Super-Heres #298 is new material not in Amethyst #1. Hence, Legion of Super-Heres #298 can be a  1st appearance.

Damn, forgot about A Duel in Dark Magic ~

22 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Elaborating on the Milestone titles mentioned earlier, they will be reviving the characters next year as stated in the article below. Static, ICON, and Rocket, and hardware. As a result Static #1 has been moving up and ICON #1 is on the move trending toward $20-25 a copy. Hardware #1 is still sitting at below $10. ICON #1 also has the benefit of a preview of static predating #1. Technically this makes it the first appearance of Static. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/08/22/milestone-dc-comics-dakotaverse/%3foutputType=amp

RCO028_1591115970.jpg

RCO027_1591115970.jpg

RCO026_1591115970.jpg

Interesting. When word of this gets to the spec sites, I bet it blows up. 

4 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I want to agree.... but the difference is quite obvious. The action comics #1 preview pictured below is just a picture of the cover. Meanwhile the static preview has multiple actual panels ripped from static #1. In my honest opinion I consider that a lot more significant. 

House ad for Action Comics #1 as published in More Fun Comics #31 (1938).jpeg

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Interesting. When word of this gets to the spec sites, I bet it blows up. 

Anything's possible, but I don't want to annoy and lay on the spec horn too loudly. We will see, either way it's still the first appearance of two characters being revived after 2 decades of absence/minor appearances.