• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BishopT said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I expect to do well, but not as well as the 2005 books. At the beginning yes as some buyers will honestly either buy
the wrong books or mistakenly think they will sky rocket as well not his best covers.

To clarify I’m talking about that ghost of a NYCC “sketch” variant of the normal Campbell cover. Before all of this it was already sold for over 1k raw in June.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Black-Panther-1-J-Scott-Campbell-NYCC-Partial-Sketch-Variant-RARE-NM/224047793793?hash=item342a4a0681:g:KJ0AAOSw40Ve6NNR#vi__app-cvip-panel

OH big difference now I understand.

Spawn 309 is tough to find here.  Not talking just the 1 cover.

Darth Vader is also in short supply.  Even 2nd prints of 2 are gone.

Its clear we are facing ramifications of Covid and publishing shortages.

Patrick

On 8/29/2020 at 5:43 PM, comixry said:
On 8/29/2020 at 10:08 AM, littledoom said:

Again holy crud Justice League 50 New 52 is heating up $30+.. sold mine too cheap in a lot when it first spiked many months ago

I'm surprised the 2nd print isn't following suit as well with all the recent craze for later printings. The ones listed on eBay are describe 2nd prints as "low print run" which I have no way to verify.

Just realized I have the Romita cover. Thanks for the tip.

20 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Spawn 309 is tough to find here.  Not talking just the 1 cover.

Darth Vader is also in short supply.  Even 2nd prints of 2 are gone.

Its clear we are facing ramifications of Covid and publishing shortages.

Patrick

Its not publishing shortages, its more likely an increase is available cash.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:14 AM, fastballspecial said:

Static - I have sold dozens of number 1s, Sets of 1-10, last issues from 40 to 45 in the last few months.
Number 1 is now currently $55-70 raw. 

Other Milestone titles are hot. I hope you bought some for $1 because none of them will stay that way soon. 
I wouldnt pass on any Number 1s or last issues of any title currently cheap.(And I havent either. )

Curious about the "last issues" remark, is that due to the low print run on the last issues of Milestone comics?

5 hours ago, Bart Allen said:
On 8/30/2020 at 7:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

Static - I have sold dozens of number 1s, Sets of 1-10, last issues from 40 to 45 in the last few months.
Number 1 is now currently $55-70 raw. 

Other Milestone titles are hot. I hope you bought some for $1 because none of them will stay that way soon. 
I wouldnt pass on any Number 1s or last issues of any title currently cheap.(And I havent either. )

Curious about the "last issues" remark, is that due to the low print run on the last issues of Milestone comics?

Very low and hard to find. I sold my Hardware 50s for $15-20 each a few months back and I had about 5 copies and now I wish I would have kept them. 

Static 45 is legendary. There are others, but those 2 are the core title books everyone remembers. 

I have np selling Static 40 to 45. I rarely see Statics in the 30s either. Hardware past 35 are very difficult
as well. While very hard to find Hardware doesn't have the popularity of Static yet. Other titles like Icon and Xombie are seeing a bump as well, but Static currently stands by itself so far.

Edited by fastballspecial

Static will always be the flagship title of Milestone. It had the cartoon, toys at Subway and sadly an unreleased line of video games/toys/books. I was telling people the other day that Static is that generation of kids' Miles Morales. You've got a nice little run from 1993-1997 as a comic and 2000-2004 as a cartoon. I think the cartoon did more for it's mainstream popularity so those kids that grew up in the early 2000's are grown ups with money now.