• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Static will always be the flagship title of Milestone. It had the cartoon, toys at Subway and sadly an unreleased line of video games/toys/books. I was telling people the other day that Static is that generation of kids' Miles Morales. You've got a nice little run from 1993-1997 as a comic and 2000-2004 as a cartoon. I think the cartoon did more for it's mainstream popularity so those kids that grew up in the early 2000's are grown ups with money now. 

I'd phrase it as Miles Morales is this generation's Static.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, followtheleader said:

Spawn 309 is tough to find here.  Not talking just the 1 cover.

Darth Vader is also in short supply.  Even 2nd prints of 2 are gone.

Its clear we are facing ramifications of Covid and publishing shortages.

Patrick

You mean ordering shortages, not publishing. Stores have cut their shelf copies significantly, three I hit last Wednesday only ordered 1 - 2 shelf copies of each Spawn cover since it is a slow seller outside of files (unsold copies go into the back issue bins. As a result, 309B was long gone by the time I went there in the late afternoon/evening. Right now is a good time to be speculating, IMHO, as 1st apps/hot covers will have low orders = low print runs.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Very low and hard to find. I sold my Hardware 50s for $15-20 each a few months back and I had about 5 copies and now I wish I would have kept them. 

Static 45 is legendary. There are others, but those 2 are the core title books everyone remembers. 

I have np selling Static 40 to 45. I rarely see Statics in the 30s either. Hardware past 35 are very difficult
as well. While very hard to find Hardware doesn't have the popularity of Static yet. Other titles like Icon and Xombie are seeing a bump as well, but Static currently stands by itself so far.

Print runs, from Comichron

Static 41   5476

Static 42   5279

Static 43   5110

Static 44   4901

Static 45   4767

1 hour ago, kimik said:

You mean ordering shortages, not publishing. Stores have cut their shelf copies significantly, three I hit last Wednesday only ordered 1 - 2 shelf copies of each Spawn cover since it is a slow seller outside of files (unsold copies go into the back issue bins. As a result, 309B was long gone by the time I went there in the late afternoon/evening. Right now is a good time to be speculating, IMHO, as 1st apps/hot covers will have low orders = low print runs.

That is correct, I meant ordering shortages.

Patrick

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I agree. I have cut orders by 50% and only received 12 copies of 309. By the time I realised that cover B was hot Diamond UK had of course sold it out. I put in an advance ro for issue 310.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Very low and hard to find. I sold my Hardware 50s for $15-20 each a few months back and I had about 5 copies and now I wish I would have kept them. 

Static 45 is legendary. There are others, but those 2 are the core title books everyone remembers. 

I have np selling Static 40 to 45. I rarely see Statics in the 30s either. Hardware past 35 are very difficult
as well. While very hard to find Hardware doesn't have the popularity of Static yet. Other titles like Icon and Xombie are seeing a bump as well, but Static currently stands by itself so far.

Woah, I see I see :(

I've managed to pick up quite a few of the latter Hardware and Icon books fortunately, and I agree that these prices won't remain so low - more so with the new series in the works for Static, Hardware, Icon etc; the Static film; and even with the Milestone reference to "Bang Babies" in Legends of Tomorrow ~

1 hour ago, marmat said:

Print runs, from Comichron

Static 41   5476

Static 42   5279

Static 43   5110

Static 44   4901

Static 45   4767

Hardware #40   8300         Hardware #46   4852         Icon #38   9900

Hardware #41   7700         Hardware #47   4711         Icon #39   9400

Hardware #42   7100         Hardware #48   4511         Icon #40   6715

Hardware #43   7000         Hardware #49   4356         Icon #41   6520

Hardware #44   7500         Hardware #50   4945         

Hardware #45   4,953         

21 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I've managed to pick up quite a few of the latter Hardware and Icon books fortunately, and I agree that these prices won't remain so low - more so with the new series in the works for Static, Hardware, Icon etc; the Static film; and even with the Milestone reference to "Bang Babies" in Legends of Tomorrow ~

Hardware #45   4,953         

Don't mention print run estimates!!!

giphy.gif

Just now, Bart Allen said:

giphy.gif

But still, it should be great to see the price numbers in a few months when people realise that Static is not the only member of Milestone Comics ~

I just started reading Icon with my 7 year old before bed. We like it so far... had to censor out the N worsd when I was reading to him. lol

I wasn't expecting that.... regardless a good super book. On the 4th issue currently, Rocket's career is going to be cut short because she has a bun in the oven. Icon is a cool concept he is a shapeshifting alien who split from his homeworld/ship in a pod.

In the 1800s he landed on a plantation and a African woman approached/touched his pod, and he shifted his appearance to that of an African baby to appeal to her specifically. He doesn't age as he appears to be only in his 30s in the 1990s.

A lot of themes about injustice with authority/police and african Americans. Icon is a wealthy intelligent man and comes face to face with poverty stricken locals after he grants Rocket her power belt. I highly recommend it, if you enjoy actually reading comics.:tink:

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Pretty positive that's Denys Cowan and Dwayne McDuffie.

Yep. I have three copies like this that I got from MileHigh. The sigs are on the bag. I'm considering opening the bag (straight slit at the top or bottom) and submitting the book for grading if it looks like it's worth it.

1 hour ago, Bart Allen said:

Hardware #45   4,953         

Static Shock Rebirth of the Cool

1 - 7716

2 - 6207

3 - 5366

4 - 5100

Milestone Forever

1 - 9792

2 - 7223

36 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I just started reading Icon with my 7 year old before bed. We like it so far... had to censor out the N worsd when I was reading to him. lol

I wasn't expecting that.... regardless a good super book. On the 4th issue currently, Rocket's career is going to be cut short because she has a bun in the oven. Icon is a cool concept he is a shapeshifting alien who split from his homeworld/ship in a pod.

In the 1800s he landed on a plantation and a African woman approached/touched his pod, and he shifted his appearance to that of an African baby to appeal to her specifically. He doesn't age as he appears to be only in his 30s in the 1990s.

A lot of themes about injustice with authority/police and african Americans. Icon is a wealthy intelligent man and comes face to face with poverty stricken locals after he grants Rocket her power belt. I highly recommend it, if you enjoy actually reading comics.

Amazing amazing lol

Amazing summary, and for the most part it looks like DC potentially has a Black Panther-esque property on their hands in terms of richness of history ~ And we know that DC commissioned a prequel to Reeves' The Batman, centered upon the GCPD, for example ~

7 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Static Shock Rebirth of the Cool

1 - 7716

2 - 6207

3 - 5366

4 - 5100

Milestone Forever

1 - 9792

2 - 7223

Awesome!

And yeah, I knew Milestone Forever had some pretty low numbers - utterly insane! But - as was discussed previously - I certainly expect Icon #1 to increase quite a bit when people realise that it contains a preview of Static lol

10 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Amazing amazing lol

Amazing summary, and for the most part it looks like DC potentially has a Black Panther-esque property on their hands in terms of richness of history ~ And we know that DC commissioned a prequel to Reeves' The Batman, centered upon the GCPD, for example ~

Awesome!

And yeah, I knew Milestone Forever had some pretty low numbers - utterly insane! But - as was discussed previously - I certainly expect Icon #1 to increase quite a bit when people realise that it contains a preview of Static lol

lol sorry it was a bit scatter brained I know. It's hard to work and summarize comics at the same time ya know? But a guy had to try. 

58 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
4 hours ago, marmat said:

Print runs Estimated North American Direct Market preorder numbers, from Comichron

Static 41   5476

Static 42   5279

Static 43   5110

Static 44   4901

Static 45   4767

Fixed.

Thats fair. It gives us a good idea. Confirms what I knew, but I would have thought 45 was much lower then the others.
I can find 39-43 occasionally. 44 I have found one copy over the years and 45 I have found 3.