• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Visited 6 shops today in an out of town buying spree. 
Talked with a couple of shop owners as well. 

Every shop really likes what Boom is producing lately. 
Several raved about Something Killing the Children, Once and Future,
and they really liked We Only See Them When They are Dead. I agree
I like all 3 as well. 

Static and Batman Talon storyline are good sellers. The 3 Joker storyline
dominated buyers discussing coming in looking for them. I almost laughed
out loud when one buyer was talking about how they must be hard to find. 

One shop in particular comic buyers were upset of the change in artist
for the New Turtle books. I don't do Turtles so I didn't understand it, but
something about how the change wasn't communicated and many are dropping
the title. 

One shop told me about Invincible and how they are now sold out of it. 
They also liked the New Moon Knight arc in Avengers. 

After seeing enough back issues in stores you start to get an idea how difficult
it must be for them to get good quality back issues in their stores now. But what irritates
me is when they ask more then a going price for those back issues. Its like they
dont want to sell them. 

I was hoping to buy a lot of Milestone books still cheap, but 2 stores had already 
been cleaned out before I got there so I only got a few. 

I also was looking for more Miles books, but only found a few. Seems the jig is up
there. 

All in all I felt a little better about our hobby as a whole in this area. The seem to have
product and what they have is selling to some extent. 

I guess shops dont give cash discounts anymore either. I am finding only about 20% now
will cut me a discount when I pay cash. It used to be a lot larger you can tell our 
economy shifting.

What was your biggest find? For the money you spent.

2 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

What was your biggest find? For the money you spent.

No real home run this time alot of doubles/triples
Sometimes its like that. As long as I can get a decent profit
I don't need a home run. Here are a few nice finds from the stack.
And if the shop is fair with me or even remotely friendly I will buy
my supplies from them as well since I try to support them first.
(Boards, bags, and such.)

I found 5 Black Panther Newsstand copies for $1 each. Late 2000 series
Inhumans 5 Black Widow VF/NM for $10
Nemesis Complete 1-4 Set for $3.00
Several Miles Morales 1s for cover or less
Star Wars FCBD $1
Couple of Static 1s for $1
Some new 52s Batman 2,4, and 6s for Cover or less
Several Batman/Predator sets for cover or less 
Several Variants for 50-75% off whatever price they had on them.
Couple of Silk 1s 2nd prints and 1st prints for cover.
Several Invincible issues 4-10 for $8-10 each( A month ago I would have passed)
BP 2 1st Shuri for $50
Hawkeye 1 Design Variant - $5
ASM Obama 1st Print - $50
Spawn 9 Newsstand $7
Alot of books for $.50 or $1 I can get $7-20 for

Like I said some good profit, but nothing like finding a 35 cent variant.(Nothing tops that.)

Edited by fastballspecial

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

No real home run this time alot of doubles/triples
Sometimes its like that. As long as I can get a decent profit
I don't need a home run. Here are a few nice finds from the stack.
And if the shop is fair with me or even remotely friendly I will buy
my supplies from them as well since I try to support them first.
(Boards, bags, and such.)

I found 5 Black Panther Newsstand copies for $1 each. Late 2000 series
Inhumans 5 Black Widow VF/NM for $10
Nemesis Complete 1-4 Set for $3.00
Several Miles Morales 1s for cover or less
Star Wars FCBD $1
Couple of Static 1s for $1
Some new 52s Batman 2,4, and 6s for Cover or less
Several Batman/Predator sets for cover or less 
Several Variants for 50-75% off whatever price they had on them.
Couple of Silk 1s 2nd prints and 1st prints for cover.
Several Invincible issues 4-10 for $8-10 each( A month ago I would have passed)
BP 2 1st Shuri for $50
Hawkeye 1 Design Variant - $5
ASM Obama 1st Print - $50
Spawn 9 Newsstand $7
Alot of books for $.50 or $1 I can get $7-20 for

Like I said some good profit, but nothing like finding a 35 cent variant.(Nothing tops that.)

I can't believe you found more Miles #1 for cover. The multiple static #1 for a dollar still are incredible finds, nice work. I got excited I found a Icon vol 1 tpb yesterday. I also scored my 2nd copy of Albedo #3! I got the Miles #18 1 per store variant and finally milestone forever #1. It was a good day at the shop! 

Edited by maidenmate91

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I like all 3 as well. 

the title. 

After seeing enough back issues in stores you start to get an idea how difficult
it must be for them to get good quality back issues in their stores now. But what irritates
me is when they ask more then a going price for those back issues. Its like they
dont want to sell them. 

I was hoping to buy a lot of Milestone books still cheap, but 2 stores had already 

I also was looking for more Miles books, but only found a few. Seems the jig is up
there. 

All in all I felt a little better about our hobby as a whole in this area. The seem to have

I guess shops dont give cash discounts anymore either. I am finding only about 20% now
will cut me a discount when I pay cash. It used to be a lot larger you can tell our 
economy shifting.

Good market intel, thanks.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This makes me think there should be a Full Moon Knight, Crescent Moon Knight, and Gibbous Moon Knight.

I bet after the Netflix show we'll see some Sailor Moon Knight cosplay

Don't get me wrong I am pretty big Moon Knight hater, but this arc is pretty good so far. 
If the story is good I can look over my hate for C list characters.

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I like all 3 as well. 

the title. 

dont want to sell them. 

there. 

economy shifting.

For Boom, give me Folklords and Red Mother.  Problem with Folklords is a terrible past show like Once Upon a Time.  May have killed even the potential of a great = Fables.  Red Mother has been fun and I see potential.  The final reveal will make or break it.  

I'm changing my mind on Spawn 310.  Bleeding Cool reported 100000 copies ordered, yikes.  Sure a ton will sell. 

No kidding on 3 Jokers.  Insane amount of copies and expensive.  Personally thought it was okay, not great.

Patrick

13 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

For Boom, give me Folklords and Red Mother.  Problem with Folklords is a terrible past show like Once Upon a Time.  May have killed even the potential of a great = Fables.  Red Mother has been fun and I see potential.  The final reveal will make or break it.  

I'm changing my mind on Spawn 310.  Bleeding Cool reported 100000 copies ordered, yikes.  Sure a ton will sell. 

No kidding on 3 Jokers.  Insane amount of copies and expensive.  Personally thought it was okay, not great.

Patrick

Yes regardless of what I think the print orders speak for themselves. Unless there a ton of new speculators
entering the market who are the going to sell all that too? I get stores ordering to get incentives and then
put the rest in the $1 box, but we are really starting to talk about very large print runs again. 

Edited by fastballspecial

hate to derail the current discussion but any opinions on the Marvel Darth Vader vol 1 run and more specifically issue #3 with Dr. Aphra? im considering selling the whole run with and without issue 3, maybe keep it for the long run. And yes ive checked out the sold listings. i just want some input from more experienced ebay sellers that may have a better feel for what to do with it. Currently im in a holding pattern due to my uncertainty. 

27 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

hate to derail the current discussion but any opinions on the Marvel Darth Vader vol 1 run and more specifically issue #3 with Dr. Aphra? im considering selling the whole run with and without issue 3, maybe keep it for the long run. And yes ive checked out the sold listings. i just want some input from more experienced ebay sellers that may have a better feel for what to do with it. Currently im in a holding pattern due to my uncertainty. 

That’s a hold book to me. I mean imagine when an announcements made and she appears in a movie or series?! Definitely hold the books going to definitely go up a lot more. 

41 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

I absolutely LOVE Aphra. If they are able to correctly do a lesbian Indiana Jones former employee of Vader with two torture/murder robots...

I mean come on!

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

That’s a hold book to me. I mean imagine when an announcements made and she appears in a movie or series?! Definitely hold the books going to definitely go up a lot more. 

I have had that exact thought but the Star Wars movie franchise is not in a good spot and I feel like it will be a long time before they correct it and to the extent they can add her to the mix. On the flip side with the success of the Mandalorian I think she could make an appearance there and it would could work. Her character certainly has a lot of story potential or a Indiana Jones genre as @Hey Kids, Comics! suggested.

which do you think would provide more value to it, a movie or tv show (appearance)?

In keeping with the current Star Wars theme, Knights of the Old Republic 31 has shot up to about a $100 book in high grade from $3 a month ago with numerous sales. 1st full appearance of Alek becoming (Darth) Malak. Still a book you can find in dollar bins.

Edited by Tnexus

I'm seeing people listing both BP 5 and BP Dark Reign 1 as Shuris 1st appearance in the BP costume.  Did they come out at the same time or is one erroneous?  Both are doing very well.  For BP Dark Reign, its shocking to see a 1st print pull more than a 2nd.  Maybe its Campbells artwork.

Patrick