• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

No not really.

thing is this has been speculated for some time.

most of us knew about some type of collaboration with Rick and Donny months ago.

predictions that Sentry would become the God of light were in articles on CBSI 

this has been on fans radar for some time.

the “tweet” is what awoke those that don’t read of follow comics but only rush to whatever is hot at the moment with there FOMO

so you may have just woke but that’s not the case for everyone.

sales history on Sentry 1 vol 1 has been strong for some time and there was a reason ;)

Good to know this had nothing to do with.

Also, believe me, I have way more Sentry #1 than the 1st Sentry Void, but that is his current iteration.

rs.jpg

10 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Speculation that Sentry is the god of light talked about in the new Wraith book.

This was the answer to a question about why the books heating up. You disagreed with this answer. You then just responded that it’s been heating up due to this exact reason. You said it yourself that it’s been speculated on for sometime for people in the know. So how is that quoted statement above not accurate? It obviously wasn’t as detailed as your answer but the statement holds up.

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Good to know this had nothing to do with.

Also, believe me, I have way more Sentry #1 than the 1st Sentry Void, but that is his current iteration.

rs.jpg

Nobody said “nothing to do with it”

you just said that.

i simply said that is not the reason for the spec as it existed already.

is it the reason for the FOMO for those that don’t read comics? 

sure

so please no Jedi mind tricks good sir

9 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

This was the answer to a question about why the books heating up. You disagreed with this answer. You then just responded that it’s been heating up due to this exact reason. You said it yourself that it’s been speculated on for sometime for people in the know. So how is that quoted statement above not accurate? It obviously wasn’t as detailed as your answer but the statement holds up.

Yes you just rehashed the entire scenario.

it was being speculated before the tweet as I’ve said.

and the tweet brought it to the non readers attention.

anything incorrect?

ok thank you for the play by play

Edited by Shoomanfoo

Hey I’ve a great idea. Comics heating up so go buy it/sell it... 

or just forget about it.

its ok if you were late to the party and knew nothing until a “tweet”

im not mad it happenes to more more often than not and I’m an avid reader/collector

everyone have a productive spec day!

Edited by Shoomanfoo

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Over Your Head GIFs | Tenor

Maybe lay off the lifting a bit, it's impacting your comprehension and giving you a bit of a 'tude.

Btw hands down best Clark and Supes ever. 

I don’t even compare any casting to this guy because it would be so unfair.

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Still pleasantly surprised at how much Sentry 1 (2000) sells for. 

The gap between the SDCC version and the others has become much closer.   

This was point where I was buying variants.  Been awhile since I looked, but I recall having far too many #1s. 

Patrick

I sold a nm+ for $100 few months back and thought I made out like a bandit.

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I sold a nm+ for $100 few months back and thought I made out like a bandit.

For which version?  There was a point where the SDCC version was absurdly expensive. 

The others did well back then, but paled in comparison. 

I was buying variants from some dude in the midwest via e-mail chain in 2000.  It was cheaper to buy variants in bulk.  The SDCC was definitely one that I luckily ordered a handful of.  Beautiful shape too.   

That 1st series was so great.  The historical story con job both irritated me and I had a lot of respect for it.  

The 2nd volume wasn't so good, IMO.  I think I dumped those a long time ago.  

Patrick

3 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

I hate to break up the sentry party but since you all have a better grasp on ebay sales is there some long kept secret about Pitt from Image comics in the 90's? Any particular issues that is smoking hot?

Not sure about smoking hot, but I do pick up the last few issues whenever I see them for a good price.  

Especially 19 and 20.  But usually anything post Image. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Malibu Sun 19 (barf) does well enough. 

Pitt Crew series is so-so.  #5 does well. 

For Pitt, it's better to buy the series for cheap.  Sell the more expensive stuff separately.  If that's a person's thing. 

Patrick

ive started selling off my collection of comics and Pitt has done really well. Beyond anything so far and I was just curious what it could be. 

1 minute ago, NWOslave said:

ive started selling off my collection of comics and Pitt has done really well. Beyond anything so far and I was just curious what it could be. 

Congrats. 

I'm not aware of any media news. 

A number of people watch for them and buy.  Guess it doesn't take too many more for things to go up.  

I should have mentioned the Ashcans too.  Those do quite well. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Congrats. 

I'm not aware of any media news. 

A number of people watch for them and buy.  Guess it doesn't take too many more for things to go up.  

I should have mentioned the Ashcans too.  Those do quite well. 

Patrick

Thanks, im not trying to sound like a braggart but the sale let me scratching my head and just wanted some input from more experienced people. as a matter of fact a lot of my early image books flew off the shelf so to speak. they are widly panned as 90's trash but there seems to be some people interested in them.