• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

For which version?  There was a point where the SDCC version was absurdly expensive. 

The others did well back then, but paled in comparison. 

I was buying variants from some dude in the midwest via e-mail chain in 2000.  It was cheaper to buy variants in bulk.  The SDCC was definitely one that I luckily ordered a handful of.  Beautiful shape too.   

That 1st series was so great.  The historical story con job both irritated me and I had a lot of respect for it.  

The 2nd volume wasn't so good, IMO.  I think I dumped those a long time ago.  

Patrick

sentry1f.thumb.jpg.0da03899f0d43d1f72c57edf0aea0ba9.jpg

55 minutes ago, followtheleader said:
59 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

I hate to break up the sentry party but since you all have a better grasp on ebay sales is there some long kept secret about Pitt from Image comics in the 90's? Any particular issues that is smoking hot?

Not sure about smoking hot, but I do pick up the last few issues whenever I see them for a good price.  

Especially 19 and 20.  But usually anything post Image. 

Patrick

TPBs really hard to find.

Last issues sell well. Above issue 10 sells well in high grade. 

Newsstands past around 5 or 6 are pretty hard to find. 

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Malibu Sun 19 (barf) does well enough. 

Pitt Crew series is so-so.  #5 does well. 

For Pitt, it's better to buy the series for cheap.  Sell the more expensive stuff separately.  If that's a person's thing. 

Patrick

Pitt actually sells???

1 hour ago, divad said:

Pitt actually sells???

Only to a few of us suckers. 

Kind of like Spawn syndrome, everyone stopped buying at a certain point.  So people have the early stuff, get bored, and buy the remainder that are shorter in supply. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Only to a few of us suckers. 

Kind of like Spawn syndrome, everyone stopped buying at a certain point.  So people have the early stuff, get bored, and buy the remainder that are shorter in supply. 

Patrick

That's what I would normally think to but check some of the recent completed sales. 1-11 sold yesterday for $56 shipped. There are several similar lots with good returns per book. 

17 hours ago, divad said:

Pitt actually sells???

thats why i posted the original question because ive got two people fighting tooth and nail for mine. 

except one of them only has one feedback in the last 12 months so im kinda nervous about them winning.

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Has there been a price increase for any Joker books?  Thought we'd see higher interest with Joker War and the 3 Jokers out.  Seeing Joker fatigue.  

Patrick

I wouldn't say fatigue just plenty of supply to meet the demand. The spec crowd is probably sitting this one out. Nowadays, collectors kind of shun what they can easily obtain. The hunt is always for the unobtainable. 2c

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Print far exceeds demand. 

Couple clarifications.  I was more asking if any older Joker moderns were picking up. Batman 563 used to interest people, but not really now.  I also meant my fatigue portion to be a question, not a statement.

Patrick

11 hours ago, BishopT said:

I knew this had been heating up and I also knew that I bought one when it came out. Found it tonight and looked it up... holy Christ, $200 raw?!

75B5BEE8-065E-41A7-AD1E-EABCAC91FD35.jpeg

Ms Marvel 7th print same way. I sold mine in under 12 hours. I wish I would have held onto the other 2 copies I had.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:25 AM, Shoomanfoo said:

Yes you just rehashed the entire scenario.

it was being speculated before the tweet as I’ve said.

and the tweet brought it to the non readers attention.

anything incorrect?

ok thank you for the play by play

I'm still confused as to how this was connected before the tweet. I've read all the new stuff. He's gone full "cosmic", Negative Zone, Black Surfer, etc...still not seeing it.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:23 PM, ygogolak said:

I'm still confused as to how this was connected before the tweet. I've read all the new stuff. He's gone full "cosmic", Negative Zone, Black Surfer, etc...still not seeing it.

You don’t need to as your importance is delusion