• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

ghost variant or fried pie variant?

Black #1 2016 fried pie variant by Tim Smith. 

Virgin variant is supposedly 50 copies. 

The variant in availability is a ghost. It will be interesting to see what one does when it pops up. At this moment only 1 fried pie trade dress variant on Ebay, and its BUY it now for $99.99.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Black 1 is selling due to being picked up by Warner Bros

I knew I’ve been sitting on these variants for a reason.

Dont have the virgin Fried Pie, but I have one of the trade dress and two Ashley Woods variants, probably a few A covers.

Edited by BishopT

7 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I knew I’ve been sitting on these variants for a reason.

Dont have the virgin Fried Pie, but I have one of the trade dress and two Ashley Woods variants, probably a few A covers.

Comicsheatingup also did a exclusive variant limited to 250. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Looks like Fried Pie variants were only sold in Hastings and BAM stores... many  are out of business or closed.  

When the tmnt 1st Jennika fried pie variant heated up, they were flooding 2nd and Charles. So check there if you have one nearby. I don't unfortunately. 

Here in New England, we have none of the above. TBH, I've never heard of 2nd and Charles or BAM but I knew Hastings from some Star Wars 1 variant cover, I think. Otherwise, that is non-existent too. Must be next to the Hardee's or Carl's Jr. 

UPDATE: Google claims there actually is one in-state, albeit 50 miles away. There's a good comic store in that area so maybe that will be a place to check out. Do they have comics? Or they used to? I didn't know any book stores had comics anymore...direct editions? or whatever is left of the limited newsstand market (archie's?)?

Edited by PeterPark

The local 2nC used to have at least a half dozen long boxes of Fried Pie and BAM variants just sitting that no one ever bought from. Now, there is one box. I think a lot of these comics have been put into mystery boxes you can buy from the store. 

6 hours ago, BishopT said:

The local 2nC used to have at least a half dozen long boxes of Fried Pie and BAM variants just sitting that no one ever bought from. Now, there is one box. I think a lot of these comics have been put into mystery boxes you can buy from the store. 

Come to Greenville. Ours has at LEAST 8 longs full of just Fried Pie variants. No one even flips through them for the most part even when they have that buy 5 get 5 sale. 

6 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Here in New England, we have none of the above. TBH, I've never heard of 2nd and Charles or BAM but I knew Hastings from some Star Wars 1 variant cover, I think. Otherwise, that is non-existent too. Must be next to the Hardee's or Carl's Jr. 

UPDATE: Google claims there actually is one in-state, albeit 50 miles away. There's a good comic store in that area so maybe that will be a place to check out. Do they have comics? Or they used to? I didn't know any book stores had comics anymore...direct editions? or whatever is left of the limited newsstand market (archie's?)?

If it's a 2nd & Charles then maybe as I've found good stuff in there (although it was two years ago and prior). It's a trade-in place so they generally have older comics/trades as well as new issues. Mine has at least 60 longs of comics.

If it's just a BAM, skip it. 

10 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The one I went to 5 years ago had comics... it was great.  Picked up a bunch of rare newsstands.  Not sure what they are like now.... half price books is a great store too

Edited by Wolverinex