• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Is Invincible 89 2nd Print common, rare, or in-between?  Kind of like it better than the 1st. 

I pulled an Invincible 60 2nd Print for .50 cents this week.  Post some pics of a few others for dirt cheap.

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Is Invincible 89 2nd Print common, rare, or in-between?  Kind of like it better than the 1st. 

I pulled an Invincible 60 2nd Print for .50 cents this week.  Post some pics of a few others for dirt cheap.

Patrick

89 relatively scarce but not sought after

60 second print good buy! That’s a tough cover in 9.8 with a low census count 

9 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

89 relatively scarce but not sought after

60 second print good buy! That’s a tough cover in 9.8 with a low census count 

Unfortunately not 9.8.  Rare for me to buy lower grade, but had to at that price and print run.

I don't understand the lack of interest for 89.  

I can understand the low interest in 111 (at least for now).  It's pretty common. 

Anyone have approximate print runs for the 2nd prints in the series? 

Patrick

58 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

This is a super hero book that is really well written. Not some vertigo book that people read and thinks its awesome and super hero readers
just shake their head at. (Sorry Sandman and Preacher fans no offense.)

Comic book readers love this book. If the series is half way decent this book will continue to appreciate. It was doing well even before
the Amazon series announcement. 

If.

I’m with @kimik  ... won’t be Preacher or Outcast, but isn’t the second coming of TWD.

11 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

Your empathy is your best quality...they all appreciate that sentiment I’m sure 

Lol. I should’ve been more specific. Anyone buying to sell them I feel bad for. Guaranteed the show runs its course and those books drop drastically in price. 

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This is a super hero book that is really well written. Not some vertigo book that people read and thinks its awesome and super hero readers
just shake their head at. (Sorry Sandman and Preacher fans no offense.)

Comic book readers love this book. If the series is half way decent this book will continue to appreciate. It was doing well even before
the Amazon series announcement. 

I’m 100% with you. The creators of the show are the creators of the book, it’s not an adaptation done by people that weren’t involved all along.

Plus the print runs on 1-13 specifically 10/11/12 are microscopic compared to outcast, etc. and half or less than preacher

I’m, as always, very bullish on the success of both the series and the secondary 9.8 market.

Small update on the amazing spider-man #365. The sold listings that have ended recently in the highest values all have one thing in common. USER a***I *(125) is ALWAYS the highest bidder/2nd highest. These are obviously fraudulent bids and not at all an accurate representation of the current market on the book.

Edited by maidenmate91

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Small update on the amazing spider-man #365. The sold listings that have ended recently in the highest values all have one thing in common. USER a***I *(125) is ALWAYS the highest bidder/2nd highest. These are obviously fraudulent bids and not at all an accurate representation of the current market on the book.

So it’s not just someone buying up multiple copies? I mean I have certain books I’ll always buy when they come up. It doesn’t mean I’m running some kind of scam. 

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

That doesn't necessarily make the bids fraudulent, but it does show that the supposed current market for the book is very precarious at best.

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
9 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

That doesn't necessarily make the bids fraudulent, but it does show that the supposed current market for the book is very precarious at best.

True if you have the time and ability you can manipulate it, but the simplest way to know is to do above. Look at the bidders. Even that can fail us.

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

True if you have the time and ability you can manipulate it, but the simplest way to know is to do above. Look at the bidders. Even that can fail us.

I don't trust the redacted names ebay shows.    when I go to Ebay from a different browser while not logged in and look a feedback I left from the page of the seller, the parts of the account name don't match mine.    Try for yourself.  

3 minutes ago, Ace Bandage said:

I don't trust the redacted names ebay shows.    when I go to Ebay from a different browser while not logged in and look a feedback I left from the page of the seller, the parts of the account name don't match mine.    Try for yourself.  

Is that the same as looking at the feedback number? Thats what I usually use.

2 hours ago, Ace Bandage said:

I thought they were the same for each user but constructed out of actual letters or numbers from the real name. So e*********p could be peterpark but someone else make see it as t*******k but if they saw it someplace else, it will be the same for the given user. And the feedback numbers are real, so sometimes you can figure it out. I know I have figured out winners of rare 30 and 35 cent variants this way. If you have an inkling at that point, there may be feedback left with the seller or vice versa you can reference as well. In this way, the user identities are not entirely obscured.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, kimik said:

So did Preacher. Invincible is closer to that IMHO. TWD was a bigger right time at right place play. Look at how fast Outcast fizzled, another Kirkman property. I think this one plays out more like Preacher, sort of in the middle of the other two Kirkman properties.

I expect a lot of Invincible's books to fall in place, but Issue 1 will always be worth a lot more than Preacher - it has a fraction of the print run and and a stronger fan base.  FYI I own both books in CGC 9.6.

I did not know where to put this but I figured this may be a good place because they are popular moderns but can someone point me in the direction perhaps of where I can find a decent list of the Spawn homage covers? Maybe some print run info if avail, or pics of all the covers themselves.  Heck sales data is appreciated as well.

I have hummed and hawed for far too long about collecting them I literally have to put myself out of my own misery and start the hunt.  Just need a gentle push towards some info.

Thanks!

Edited by Erndog

2 hours ago, Erndog said:

I did not know where to put this but I figured this may be a good place because they are popular moderns but can someone point me in the direction perhaps of where I can find a decent list of the Spawn homage covers? Maybe some print run info if avail, or pics of all the covers themselves.  Heck sales data is appreciated as well.

I have hummed and hawed for far too long about collecting them I literally have to put myself out of my own misery and start the hunt.  Just need a gentle push towards some info.

Thanks!

Spawn 220-231

12 hours ago, Erndog said:

Thanks!

Oh man, I would sit back and wait for the Spawn hysteria to be over before going after those books.  They are very, very pricey now....sadly I need all of them for my Spawn run, so I'm going to wait, it might be awhile but I'm patient.....