• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

People are nuts, you can get a stabbed 4.5 graded Showcase #22 for that kind of money. 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I'm just saying that most (newer?) collectors would probably rather buy the first full Venom in a top grade than Hal Jordan's first appearance in a mid to low grade.

10 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I'm just saying that most (newer?) collectors would probably rather buy the first full Venom in a top grade than Hal Jordan's first appearance in a mid to low grade.

Especially when the Marvel television and movie properties suggests that in a generation, many more people will be familiar with the Marvel characters than the DC characters.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Especially when the Marvel television and movie properties suggests that in a generation, many more people will be familiar with the Marvel characters than the DC characters.

That is definitely true at this time. This could change however if a blockbuster Green Lantern movie shows up. There is a lot of potential in that intellectual property since it hasn't been utilized much yet

14 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

That is definitely true at this time. This could change however if a blockbuster Green Lantern movie shows up. There is a lot of potential in that intellectual property since it hasn't been utilized much yet

The words 'If' and 'DC' has been used together in a lot of sentences regarding TV/movies over the past few years.

Edited by Hekla
clarity

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

I just thought you should know because I love you so much that Lockjaw And The Pet Avengers Unleashed is heating up

I like it better than Thor 364 as at least it's not actually Thor turned into a frog, but come on. Behold the power of a Cates tweet!

On 10/12/2020 at 12:25 PM, Hekla said:

The words 'If' and 'DC' has been used together in a lot of sentences regarding TV/movies over the past few years.

Doom Patrol is by far my favorite comic based series on tv. So they’re doing one thing right but not much. Both Watchmen Movie/Series were  also pretty good. I mean all they have to do is copy what Marvel's doing. It’s not like both companies haven’t stolen plenty from each other over the years. They keep doing these soap opera series on CW which all suck. 

Edited by Corona smith

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

All New All Different Avengers 9 and Civil War 2 FCBD heating up.. it was only a matter of time.

Was there an announcement of some kind? Why is it getting hot?

Full disclosure : I'm usually pretty up on my first app stuff but had to Google this one as to what it was. 

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Was there an announcement of some kind? Why is it getting hot?

Full disclosure : I'm usually pretty up on my first app stuff but had to Google this one as to what it was. 

the new Wasp is the last of the new crop of young avengers first apps to heat up after Miles, Cho, Riri, Viv, Khan, etc

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

Close to 90 copies of Ectokid #1 sold on ebay today and yesterday.. quite amazing .. developing into a TV series

What's an Ectokid??? Ha-ha - it took me 5 times to spell that right! lol

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

All New All Different Avengers 9 and Civil War 2 FCBD heating up.. it was only a matter of time.

Please don't mention any books that are younger than my kids . . . :insane:

9 hours ago, littledoom said:

the new Wasp is the last of the new crop of young avengers first apps to heat up after Miles, Cho, Riri, Viv, Khan, etc

Sounds like something we would have heard in the music industry in 2003.

"The new album from Mandy Moore is the last of the new crop of young singers first albums to heat up after Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, etc."

Edited by valiantman