• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Why so expensive?

It is legitimately hard to find plus the very unpleasant person who drew it has a remarkably hardcore following. That being said, I figured about $100. I'll believe $680 when money is in my checking account.

8 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

It is legitimately hard to find plus the very unpleasant person who drew it has a remarkably hardcore following. That being said, I figured about $100. I'll believe $680 when money is in my checking account.

To clarify, you mean the person who drew the variant cover or the person who drew the interior?

9 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I'm a fan for sure, but I'm not paying that kind of money. Jae lee art doesn't appeal to me as much as EVS art. It's not bad though, I just prefer a less abstract style. EVS is a polarizing figure for sure, but he does have a big following. That is undeniable, as his current campaign has over 1 million dollars raised. I don't think that sale is legitimate though, but I do hope you get paid brother. 

57 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I'm a fan for sure, but I'm not paying that kind of money. Jae lee art doesn't appeal to me as much as EVS art. It's not bad though, I just prefer a less abstract style. EVS is a polarizing figure for sure, but he does have a big following. That is undeniable, as his current campaign has over 1 million dollars raised. I don't think that sale is legitimate though, but I do hope you get paid brother. 

I will be exceptionally surprised if I get paid on this BUT two underbidders pinged me last night to check in if the sale went through so I'll get something.

I remember the Hall of Heroes comics being hot back when they came out in the 90s. I bought a number of them, including the first two issues of Cyberfrog. Never imagined they would be so desired all these years later. Figured it was just a moment in time thing with their popularity.

I needed to run by my lcs today to pick up some cash they owed me from some stuff I'd sold, so I figured I may as well get there at opening and take a crack at these books you guys are talking about. They opened at noon, there was a line of about 10 people! That's unusual for this store. Got in and everyone was peeved because Last Ronin was already sold out. I asked my guy and he said that normally they only have three people subbed to the Turtles books, but in the last week they'd had 10 people call to reserve one. So that ate up their shelf copies. They were going to try to order more, but weren't sure if they'd get them. Didn't bother me because I was only going to pick it up if it was handy, but several folks were disappointed. The thing is I know this is legit, this is not a store that holds back copies to sell at a markup. If you're a holds customer, you get what you order at cover price plus your discount. ANything that's left goes on the stands. It's fair, and I've always liked that about them.

Batgirl 50 was also a bust as DC failed to get the books to them on time, they're hoping to get their DC's in tomorrow. The only DC that arrived on time was Three Jokers.

39 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I needed to run by my lcs today to pick up some cash they owed me from some stuff I'd sold, so I figured I may as well get there at opening and take a crack at these books you guys are talking about. They opened at noon, there was a line of about 10 people! That's unusual for this store. Got in and everyone was peeved because Last Ronin was already sold out. I asked my guy and he said that normally they only have three people subbed to the Turtles books, but in the last week they'd had 10 people call to reserve one. So that ate up their shelf copies. They were going to try to order more, but weren't sure if they'd get them. Didn't bother me because I was only going to pick it up if it was handy, but several folks were disappointed. The thing is I know this is legit, this is not a store that holds back copies to sell at a markup. If you're a holds customer, you get what you order at cover price plus your discount. ANything that's left goes on the stands. It's fair, and I've always liked that about them.

Batgirl 50 was also a bust as DC failed to get the books to them on time, they're hoping to get their DC's in tomorrow. The only DC that arrived on time was Three Jokers.

Just an fyi that is related DC comics goes on shelves on Tuesday and my lcs already had the batgirl marked up to $30 today when I went in for Ronin, glad I went by yesterday 

Also I was sixth in line at 11:50 and by noon 11 more people were behind me lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

44 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

15 people in line when I drove up .... so I drove away... guess i'll wait on Ronin if the heat ever dies off...