• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just an fyi that is related DC comics goes on shelves on Tuesday and my lcs already had the batgirl marked up to $30 today when I went in for Ronin, glad I went by yesterday 

Also I was sixth in line at 11:50 and by noon 11 more people were behind me lol

This shop isn't open on Tuesdays, just Wed-Sun. So normally the DC books show up with everything else. They said that they'd been told that their DC order for this week was supposed to be here today, but now they're being told tomorrow. Some sort of USPS deal. I dunno. I'm glad I"m not a shopowner, ordering seems like a nightmare these days.

5 hours ago, spreads said:

I'll sell you that book for $1.  But you have to take the rest of the books in the series for $1 also.

There’s a ton of first appearances in a lot of those issues. May not be a bad buy if some of the characters blow up. 

It’s as if this catalog called Previews doesn’t come out every month. It details everything coming out months ahead of time.

I find it a bit funny when people complain about missing out on a book when they could’ve easily glanced through the catalog and preordered them at the lowest price possible months ahead of time. 

1 minute ago, Corona smith said:

It’s as if this catalog called Previews doesn’t come out every month. It details everything coming out months ahead of time.

I find it a bit funny when people complain about missing out on a book when they could’ve easily glanced through the catalog and preordered them at the lowest price possible months ahead of time. 

Is there anywhere I can pre-order the preview book? :baiting:j/k lol

But I remember that vaguely but never see it around, and when I have, it was online as well :shy: still I'm slowly going down the slope of moderns (someone save me and make it were I'm not priced out of older stuff :sumo: ) and it does all seem to be easy for some and insurmountable for others, I'm just now figuring out which line for I'm in for the FuNhOuSe! :banana: 

Batgirl 50 sold out within 30 minutes of opening (my LCS still puts DC out on Wednesday), and it seemed as though they got all of their Last Ronin’s as there were still six copies left when I checked out, as well as a 1:10. The Boseman Spawn tribute seemed to be the most popular comic of the week though, the store had many copies and it seemed as if everyone bought one.

Edited by BishopT

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there anywhere I can pre-order the preview book? :baiting:j/k lol

But I remember that vaguely but never see it around, and when I have, it was online as well :shy: still I'm slowly going down the slope of moderns (someone save me and make it were I'm not priced out of older stuff :sumo: ) and it does all seem to be easy for some and insurmountable for others, I'm just now figuring out which line for I'm in for the FuNhOuSe! :banana: 

It’s how I used to order at my local shop and then I went with Midtown for years. If you don’t want the headaches of missing out it’s a great option. 

What's the "D" about the Last Ronin?

My shop rarely posts a buying restriction, but this was one.  

Only reason I was able to get one.  They said it was because of being shorted due to condition.  

Cool art on the cover/inside and the size was interesting.  

Patrick

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Only reason I was able to get one.  They said it was because of being shorted due to condition.  

Patrick

IDW sent to print before FOC, which normally would be ok but there was a HUGE influx of orders and they could not fill them.  Some shops ended up with up to 50% less than what they were expecting in allotments.

There is also rumor of an error affecting up to 10% of the stock out there with pages not fully inked.  My area didn't seem to get any of those errors.  So not sure if that is specific markets or variants affected by this.

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

Finally bit the bullet and bought a copy online.  Can't wait to read it

Have noticed that people are getting into Phantom Starkiller (which I'm happy to see - it's a fun character that has long needed a comic series), as the first issue was just released this month with a handful of variants. It is a smaller indie comic, and most of the variant covers have very limited numbers (off the top of my head I know the VHS cover had 400, NYCC and BW variant had 250, the Ashcan was around 1,500). 

It's all sold out on the main Scout store (where you could buy direct), and the regular #1 is going for about $15-$20 on eBay (cover price $5) while the variants could be anywhere from $20-$150 (and the NYCC one being more than that for some reason). At this point I think its just the collectors of the figures who have scooped up most of the issues (knowing just how limited and scarce anything for this character is after release), and while it is sold out you can easily find people listing them on eBay (the older figures on the other hand are still impossible to find)

PSK_Cover_1in10.thumb.jpg.d346fca6c2b72f2d1197ee9927cc3417.jpg

47 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Strange Talent of Luther Strode 1 disappearing from ebay

was just about to post this. Movie optioned, apparently.

1st arc books were always a little hard to find in the wild

12 hours ago, Crops068 said:

IDW sent to print before FOC, which normally would be ok but there was a HUGE influx of orders and they could not fill them.  Some shops ended up with up to 50% less than what they were expecting in allotments.

There is also rumor of an error affecting up to 10% of the stock out there with pages not fully inked.  My area didn't seem to get any of those errors.  So not sure if that is specific markets or variants affected by this.

Anyone have a photo of the error?

15 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Is this known to affect any particular variant or somewhere around 10% of all covers?

I have not seen an error myself and none of the shops I interact with seem to have received any error versions.  So at this point I am uncertain.

Key Collector does state it as "Early, unconfirmed estimation to affect 10% of copies"