• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, Wolverinex said:

Looks like Last Ronin dropped a bit last Wednesday down to 15 with the glut but  seems to be going back up now to 25-29 again.  

That was because IDW's website was selling first print copies for cover price on NCBD. With shipping the price was $15- 1 per customer. They have since sold out so the price is trending upwards again.

55 minutes ago, kairos70 said:
On 11/1/2020 at 7:16 AM, Wolverinex said:

Looks like Last Ronin dropped a bit last Wednesday down to 15 with the glut but  seems to be going back up now to 25-29 again.  

That was because IDW's website was selling first print copies for cover price on NCBD. With shipping the price was $15- 1 per customer. They have since sold out so the price is trending upwards again.

Well we still have pre-orders that are coming in. I would think the price will fall a bit again due to that
and then we will see where it stands.

I am not a supporter here. I say get in and get out. The oversize book kills it for many collectors who 
wants to store it? 

Long term it might be worth it, but not inclined to wait. 

12 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The oversize book kills it for many collectors who 
wants to store it? 

That's not too big of an obstacle. My shop had the over-sized bag & boards for 50 cents but I prefer Mylar. I placed my copy in a Super Gold comic book sized Mylar archive sleeve (#825R).

IMG_0487.jpg

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

new comic book day (i.e. Wednesday)

oh idw sales them directly?

So  I was listening to a comic podcast about Ronin,and people are saying that the book was easily damaged by Diamond due to the oversize as well as printing issues...

What do you guys think about picking up one of the ebay sales for a preordered 9.8 slab?   Seems like a good deal  without any of the risk  of getting a dinged or creased version? 

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

oh idw sales them directly?

So  I was listening to a comic podcast about Ronin,and people are saying that the book was easily damaged by Diamond due to the oversize as well as printing issues...

What do you guys think about picking up one of the ebay sales for a preordered 9.8 slab?   Seems like a good deal  without any of the risk  of getting a dinged or creased version? 

I only picked up the 1:10 and 1:25 variants on ebay back on Wednesday. I still think they are undervalued compared to the regular prices. Manufactured rarity aside, I think the A cover is the best out there, not considering the other limited variants sold on variant sites, etc., that I have not really seen.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well we still have pre-orders that are coming in. I would think the price will fall a bit again due to that
and then we will see where it stands.

I am not a supporter here. I say get in and get out. The oversize book kills it for many collectors who 
wants to store it? 

Long term it might be worth it, but not inclined to wait. 

Bought four copies for 10% off cover price. Came today. Sold all four copies on eBay for $26.99. 300% profit in four days. Oh I'm out alright.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Not sure if that's happening because I haven't seen any issues, but that sounds like an over-the-top pump and dump tactic to me. 

15 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Their first appearances absolutely saw an increase due to the show. Actual sales would prove that. 

Since my CGC 9.8 still has not sold for about $500 i'd say the book never really saw a true bump because of the show.  There was a small bump when the show was announced but prices dropped quickly once supply outpaced demand and nothing happened once the show came out.  Pretty much a big dud in terms of price increase in my book.

16 hours ago, kairos70 said:

That's not too big of an obstacle. My shop had the over-sized bag & boards for 50 cents but I prefer Mylar. I placed my copy in a Super Gold comic book sized Mylar archive sleeve (#825R).

IMG_0487.jpg

$8.99 cover price? Man, I feel old when I complained as a young lad that my 80's 75 cent comics jumped to $1 in the the 90's and then just went up from there every year. But I was just happy that my $1 purchase jumped 4x to $4 or sometimes more (Batman Death in the Family storyline, anyone?).