• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The print run will tell us alot. I think there will be a huge difference between 1 and 2 which indicates large speculation.

If the print run is closer that tells us people bought it to read and continuing. 

Not necessarily. It could also mean that speculators are buying the entire set to flip since you don't know what else will happen in the end. 

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Department of Truth seems to be developing some momentum. Are there TV/movie rumours, or is it just a good read?

It's been a good read so far. I heard there were rumours of this being optioned for a film but nothing concrete though.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Department of Truth seems to be developing some momentum. Are there TV/movie rumours, or is it just a good read?

This was sent out last week I believe. 

• [November 2020 - Inside sources tell Key Collector that a high-dollar bidding war has ended for the ultra-relevant conspiracy theory story, Department of Truth. There is tons of interest on this project that is attracting A-Level talent for a movie]

8 hours ago, kimik said:

Not necessarily. It could also mean that speculators are buying the entire set to flip since you don't know what else will happen in the end. 

Sorry that's a stretch. Pure speculators don't buy sets and if they do it's alot lot less then issue 1.. We have to agree to disagree there. Print runs from issue 1 to 2 tell u alot about a title. It used to be until issue 4 years ago.

12 hours ago, Jitstark said:

It's been a good read so far. I heard there were rumours of this being optioned for a film but nothing concrete though.

Well it was Key Collector that said Department of Truth has been optioned.

The most recent thing that Key Collector was right about is the Luther Strode optioning. My dude sleeping jawn was telling me about how Key Collector put out an alert about that title weeks before the official announcement which makes me think the Department of Truth one might have the same results.

Also - Has Key Collector claimed a title was optioned and than nothing ended up happening in ways of an official announcement?

17 hours ago, kimik said:

Its a really good read. Reminds me of Xfiles so far. That being said lets let it get in about 6 issues and see. 
So far Once and Future seems to being doing the best as far as fan base, but this book could attract alot of 
fans depending on what stories they use.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:
14 hours ago, Jitstark said:

en a good read so far. I heard there were rumours of this being optioned for a film but nothing concrete though.

Well it was Key Collector that said Department of Truth has been optioned.

The most recent thing that Key Collector was right about is the Luther Strode optioning. My dude sleeping jawn was telling me about how Key Collector put out an alert about that title weeks before the official announcement which makes me think the Department of Truth one might have the same results.

Also - Has Key Collector claimed a title was optioned and than nothing ended up happening in ways of an official announcement?

Between the two right now I would choose Luther only because of the large print run of DoT. I dislike the trippy art in Luther, but DoT has more potential.

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Sorry that's a stretch. Pure speculators don't buy sets and if they do it's alot lot less then issue 1.. We have to agree to disagree there. Print runs from issue 1 to 2 tell u alot about a title. It used to be until issue 4 years ago.

There is a difference in speculating on minis and ongoing series. For minis now, the new characters/big events tend to be mid to late issues. If you are bulk ordering 50 or more copies at a discount and think there is potential, you do the whole set and don't worry about missing it.

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

Usagi Yojimbo 10 is selling well.. tmnt crossover ... that’s more of a copper age comic tho

When Usagi wouldn't sell, I sold a huge lot almost exclusively based on #10. 

People like TMNT. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, kimik said:
14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

There is a difference in speculating on minis and ongoing series. For minis now, the new characters/big events tend to be mid to late issues. If you are bulk ordering 50 or more copies at a discount and think there is potential, you do the whole set and don't worry about missing it.

You mean that's what you do. There is a difference. Anymore minis can easily become ongoing.

I don't know any speculator that bulks a whole series. I know some that will bulk an extra issue if a good rumor is out,
but they don't per say bulk the entire mini. That being said that doesn't mean they don't make a few sets. It very 
quickly becomes an inventory nightmare to do that unless you are constantly setting up at shows which right now
not many are doing.

Edited by fastballspecial