• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, kimik said:

I am sorting boxes tonight and just found this set that has not sold at $40 in my sets box from when it was priced 2-3 years ago, thankfully. The are all tucked away in mylites now. I just have to see if I still have a few other CDN #1s that I thought I still have tucked away someplace.

TMNT Adventures 1 - 3.jpg

Sweet!

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

Yeah, things need to change about the eBay managed payments system. I’m already looking at other venues for selling my books.

I was thinking the same. Mercari does the same thing. They wait until it’s delivered to make the funds available so that’s not a selling option for me. 

10 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Off topic a bit but it’s ebay related. Anyone switch over to Managed Payments with eBay? How’s it going? Any thing that’s great or horrible?

I’m going to tell you to avoid it for as long as humanly possible. The days of having immediate access to the funds from a sale are over. I’m waiting on average a week for funds to clear. 

I also don’t like that it can’t sit in my PayPal until I find another book to buy. I’m going to be less likely to spend that on eBay with it bypassing PayPal. 

You also can’t contact eBay though normal contact procedures. The one and only option is a callback and callbacks were averaging 220 minutes the other day. 

My items are actually delivered long before I see any money. It’s just horrible going from immediate access to my money to waiting a week. All so they could cut out PayPal and make  some extra money. 

Not sure why your funds are being held so long. Do you have a lot of returns and / or disputes?

10 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Off topic a bit but it’s ebay related. Anyone switch over to Managed Payments with eBay? How’s it going? Any thing that’s great or horrible?

I’m going to tell you to avoid it for as long as humanly possible. The days of having immediate access to the funds from a sale are over. I’m waiting on average a week for funds to clear. 

I also don’t like that it can’t sit in my PayPal until I find another book to buy. I’m going to be less likely to spend that on eBay with it bypassing PayPal. 

You also can’t contact eBay though normal contact procedures. The one and only option is a callback and callbacks were averaging 220 minutes the other day. 

My items are actually delivered long before I see any money. It’s just horrible going from immediate access to my money to waiting a week. All so they could cut out PayPal and make  some extra money. 

Works fine for me except one issue. Credit Unions and Ebay dont mix. Paypal can send my money to the correct account. Ebay is only able to send it to the account at the top of my credit union account which are several so I have to manually transfer the money. 

My sales clear in two days to 3 at most in my account. I don't know why some are waiting a week.

I was able to call them multiple times over the issue above.  I think its all about Ebay accruing interest on our money.

25 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Works fine for me except one issue. Credit Unions and Ebay dont mix. Paypal can send my money to the correct account. Ebay is only able to send it to the account at the top of my credit union account which are several so I have to manually transfer the money. 

My sales clear in two days to 3 at most in my account. I don't know why some are waiting a week.

I was able to call them multiple times over the issue above.  I think its all about Ebay accruing interest on our money.

The terms specifically say they won’t be accruing interest on the money. Glad to hear you’re having a better go at it. 

1 hour ago, carter3175 said:

Can someone tell me what the print run is on DoT?  These covers are throwing me off a little.  Which is cover has the smallest print?

I know one boardie that cleaned out all the 7-11 and other newsstands he could hit between Edmonton and Calgary to accumulate a similar stash.

1 hour ago, carter3175 said:

Can someone tell me what the print run is on DoT?  These covers are throwing me off a little.  Which is cover has the smallest print?

Depends if you look at variants.

The kennedy cover seems to be a little harder to find for normal covers. The print run is pretty healthy so 
it will be a bit before it really takes off I think.