• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice, my LCS checks ebay before every purchase and matches it

I’ve heard of stores doing this with new stock coming in that hasn’t been priced. However if every time you checkout you have to wait while they lookup prices on eBay I’d drop the books on the floor and never step foot in that shop again! That’s just horrible! Maybe instead of being lazy and making people wait in line for inordinate amounts of time, they price books they should’ve priced previously to customers checking out. 

What’s the name and location of this joke of a shop so we can all be sure to not ever shop there? Ridiculous beyond belief. 

Is there something going on in the comics, or has anyone heard any rumors about Kestral/John Wraith? I had a couple bids on a lot (that had been available for a while) of Wolverine 48 49 & 50 last week, and then multiple watchers on a lot that included 60 this week (again, that had been available for a while). Gotta think that someone knows something. Fortunately, no bids on the lot with 60 yet, and that might be a 9.8, so I think I'm going to send that off for grading. And I have a nice small stack of 48s.

13 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is there something going on in the comics, or has anyone heard any rumors about Kestral/John Wraith? I had a couple bids on a lot (that had been available for a while) of Wolverine 48 49 & 50 last week, and then multiple watchers on a lot that included 60 this week (again, that had been available for a while). Gotta think that someone knows something. Fortunately, no bids on the lot with 60 yet, and that might be a 9.8, so I think I'm going to send that off for grading. And I have a nice small stack of 48s.

Also, did these books pop at all when he appeared in the first Wolverine movie? Or was that prior to the period when any rumored screen appearances made a book go crazy overnight?

10 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
On 11/21/2020 at 11:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

The Hulk and Captain America are Canadian Newsstands I think.

Nope. Cover price was higher on the newsstands. $3.99.

Can you explain this then? I bought these from sellers in Canada. Its why I thought the Hulk one might be a Canadian
, but for the ones above it makes sense with the price change

These below are same price.

cap25news.thumb.jpg.15bbf1793074fb6658e9396737cdcf20.jpgcap.JPG.8eec3100214c34b981cbc33a504968f1.JPG

Edited by fastballspecial

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

DC Future State free retailer preview is selling well

I wonder how much more it will go for if cgc put Yara’s first cover appearance on the label, especially the one per store black boarder edition 👀

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

DC Future State free retailer preview is selling well

I was about to throw my copy out (I'm not a DC guy) until I saw what was happening on ebay. My copy ain't great (couple of large non-color breaking creases along the spine) but now I might actually read it.   

30 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yep raw covers are going over $100 now and climbing this is a 2nd peak for this book.
I sold a couple for $100 thinking that was it. :tonofbricks:

$580, $600, $610, $665, $999.99 all sold today for BIN.  Auction still going and ends Saturday at noon currently $560.

Edit:  9.6 sales too.  $375, $400,$400 all above current GPA

Edited by Catwomancomics

37 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yep raw covers are going over $100 now and climbing this is a 2nd peak for this book.

How long ago was the previous bump to $100-ish?  It could have been because of the cartoons or the now defunct Fantasy Flight card game.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:
39 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How long ago was the previous bump to $100-ish?  It could have been because of the cartoons or the now defunct Fantasy Flight card game.

My last sales thread in the summer.