• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

The markup so far is nothing compared to the PS3 years ago.

what was the markup back then?

My brother got one at Sam's like 2 weeks before Christmas
and sold it for $2500.00. I didn't believe him till I saw his auction.

Edited by fastballspecial

When the PS2 came out, apparently there was some random sweepstakes that one of the mail-order CD companies was doing, which unbeknownst to me, I had entered by making a purchase, and won. I found this out when a PS2 showed up at my house. Wasn't into video games, so that went up on eBay.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps
screwed up

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I've been trying since September when that first random release happened, in spite of all the messages promising ample time. Since then, it has been bots Bots BOTS, and no PS5 for me...

Are you going to keep the one you scored?  I would.  It's amazing.  

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

My brother got one at Sam's like 2 weeks before Christmas
and sold it for $2500.00. I didn't believe him till I saw his auction.

Geez... Let see what happens to the ps5 as we get closer to Christmas, its already starting to rise as inventory has completely sold out... I imagine the demand will start spiking as the holiday season continues.. .Don't know if it will hit 2500 though..

17 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Sad part is...Its been this way for decades when it comes to the launch of video game systems. Every time they release a new console, there's always some :censored: reason as to why they are in short supply. "chips are in short supply" " we can't get enough processors" blah blah blah... Its just a marketing scheme to feed the hype machine so everyone wants one. A massive company is preparing a launch for a new console years in advance. So assuming it was a legit problem the first time... they wouldn't learn from that? ¬¬ I'll get a new card down the road and chances are, I'll buy it from someone online who's selling theirs so Nvidia doesn't get my cash directly and that's one less card they sell. I've acquired patience over the years due to these shady practices from electronic manufacturers. Its unfortunate that all the kids (people in general) that just wanted a new video game system for the holidays can't get one. Ok, pardon my ranting. Just frustrating when you see situations like this. :preach:

37 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Sad part is...Its been this way for decades when it comes to the launch of video game systems. Every time they release a new console, there's always some :censored: reason as to why they are in short supply. "chips are in short supply" " we can't get enough processors" blah blah blah... Its just a marketing scheme to feed the hype machine so everyone wants one. A massive company is preparing a launch for a new console years in advance. So assuming it was a legit problem the first time... they wouldn't learn from that? ¬¬ I'll get a new card down the road and chances are, I'll buy it from someone online who's selling theirs so Nvidia doesn't get my cash directly and that's one less card they sell. I've acquired patience over the years due to these shady practices from electronic manufacturers. Its unfortunate that all the kids (people in general) that just wanted a new video game system for the holidays can't get one. Ok, pardon my ranting. Just frustrating when you see situations like this. :preach:

Of course, companies know what makes people spend money, they buy based on emotion. The idea is to create a frenzy around your product and what a perfect way to create FOMO than around Christmas?  "OMG, I need to get my kid a PS 8052295XYZ before XMas, I better get one ASAP"   Then it's just a matter of people seeing this and getting in line at the slaughter house.  I'll get one once FF 16 ships :)  

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Are you going to keep the one you scored?  I would.  It's amazing.  

Geez... Let see what happens to the ps5 as we get closer to Christmas, its already starting to rise as inventory has completely sold out... I imagine the demand will start spiking as the holiday season continues.. .Don't know if it will hit 2500 though..

I didn't score any. I wish that was me that said that. I've been trying but I always lose to the bots...

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

Wow Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 is ON Fire. 

Fleabay sales

I had a CGC 9.6 copy in cart my on mycomcshops but it was late so I decided to sleep on it. It happened to be the night "The Jedi" Mando episode aired, but didn't watch the episode. I wake up the next day and then around noon I watch the Mando Episode and they

Spoiler

mentioned Thrawn

in the Episode. And was thinking oh nooooo! So I went right back to the site and it was gone. I searched other copies on eBay that were in my watch list and they were all gone. I'm sick over it. Ended up paying $100 more for a copy in 9.4 CGC grade. Mycomicshop deleted every copy they had up earlier and must have relisted them at 2 to 3 times higher. I'm starting to wonder if they are driving the overall market. When they up the prices everyone on eBay etc. seems to follow.

Edited by nld3

I don’t think I’m gonna try to get a PS5 until next year. Sony always has the better exclusives (compared to XBox, not Nintendo), but I’m half tempted to get an XBox because I’ve seen that it runs GameCube and Saturn (!!!) emulation extremely well. I went from literally no interest in the new XBox to almost wanting one more that the PS5 because Saturn has always been a tough console to emulate, and especially with the prices of their games reaching sky high.

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Of course, companies know what makes people spend money, they buy based on emotion. The idea is to create a frenzy around your product and what a perfect way to create FOMO than around Christmas?  "OMG, I need to get my kid a PS 8052295XYZ before XMas, I better get one ASAP"   Then it's just a matter of people seeing this and getting in line at the slaughter house.  I'll get one once FF 16 ships :)  

When the Nvidia 3080TI comes out in January, I'll grab one some time after release. Would be nice to play Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k at 120hz via hdmi 2.1 spec on the new cards. :x

1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

A buddy of mine has a co-worker who able to nab 2 PS 5's on Sony's website a while back.

He sold him one for what he paid which was $399.00. He was gonna flip it on Ebay,  but I made him an offer that he couldn't refuse. :sumo:

20201128_183312.jpg

Congrats!  How do you like the haptic feedback on the Dualshock?

Just now, mr_highgrade said:

This was an early Christmas present for my four boys. I haven't played a video game since Max Payne on Xbox. :blush:

Don’t (or do) fall down the rabbit hole. There have been some great, addictive games in the last 15 years.

Just now, mr_highgrade said:

This was an early Christmas present for my four boys. I haven't played a video game since Max Payne on Xbox. :blush:

Wow what an insane present.  My co-worker bought one for his 7th grader... picked it up for 975 off ebay a week ago but starting to look like a deal as prices are starting to jet up.