• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You are still alive!

You told me not to buy it, lol. Was $2000 the price he said?

I never said that. I said what are you going to do with all the comics (since you don't sell on ebay or send to CGC). 

He wanted $2000 (when I contacted him) but sold it for $2200.

Even if I had purchased I would have sold them months ago

4 hours ago, gradejunky said:
  • Origin of Jango Fett
  • 1st appearance of Fett, the father of Jango
  • 1st appearance of Darth Tyranus AKA Count Dooku, an apprentice of Yoda who turned to the Dark Side and trained under Palpatine (first appearance in an original story)
  • 1st appearance of Jaster Meerel, led the True Mandalorians and clashed with Death Watch
  • 1st appearance of Montross, a Mandalorian turned bounty hunter

It's because of Jaster. But still, the game is not easy to figure out. Jango was mentioned in the last Mando and yet his first appearance hasn't really done much.

4 hours ago, gradejunky said:
  • Origin of Jango Fett
  • 1st appearance of Fett, the father of Jango
  • 1st appearance of Darth Tyranus AKA Count Dooku, an apprentice of Yoda who turned to the Dark Side and trained under Palpatine (first appearance in an original story)
  • 1st appearance of Jaster Meerel, led the True Mandalorians and clashed with Death Watch
  • 1st appearance of Montross, a Mandalorian turned bounty hunter

Wow......1st appearance galore!

I should stay out of this thread all together.  I bought a long box of really sharp DH Star War books for $1 a piece in a bulk buy and thought they were a no brainer.  I dragged that long box to 3 shows I set up at that year and sold a few at $5, a few more at $4 and maybe a dozen at $3 a piece.  They sat in my basement for almost a year and then I just sold the remainder for $1 a piece to a board member.  It took another year for the issues to start getting hot but it stinks to see a book I know I had in the box explode up to $30 - $50.

Edited by 1Cool

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I should stay out of this thread all together.  I bought a long box of really sharp DH Star War books for $1 a piece in a bulk buy and thought they were a no brainer.  I dragged that long box to 3 shows I set up at that year and sold a few at $5, a few more at $4 and maybe a dozen at $3 a piece.  They sat in my basement for almost a year and then I just sold the remainder for $1 a piece to a board member.  It took another year for the issues to start getting hot but it stinks to see a book I know I had in the box explode up to $30 - $50.

Yep this game is ruthless.  You want to get rid of stuff so you don't have mountains of stuff to crawl over, but then almost every dog has it's day and you don't have that dog anymore when it matures into something.  IMO, the biggest problem in this game is not having too much inventory, regardless of how good the inventory is at the time.  The problem, is not having enough space to store the inventory comfortably, and you liquidate prematurely.

28 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So the first appearance/content of The High Republic is already out.  No mention by anyone though.  The exclusive cover is the one to have i would think.

Do you mean the first appearance of Avar Kriss? If so, I thought that was confirmed a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks Andrew!  :devil:

26 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Do you mean the first appearance of Avar Kriss? If so, I thought that was confirmed a long time ago. 

Yeah, Kylo Ren 3.  Also, while not a comic, Star Wars Insider comes out this week with a variant illustrated cover of the characters and exclusive content written by Charles Soule.  CGC grades those things if anyone wonders.  And like somebody said before, Star Wars fans are not you typical comic book collectors, which to me, gives relevance to this magazine feature. 

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So the first appearance/content of The High Republic is already out.  No mention by anyone though.  The exclusive cover is the one to have i would think.

Scroll back to yesterday. We discussed it.

Edited by kimik

25 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Yeah, Kylo Ren 3.  Also, while not a comic, Star Wars Insider comes out this week with a variant illustrated cover of the characters and exclusive content written by Charles Soule.  CGC grades those things if anyone wonders.  And like somebody said before, Star Wars fans are not you typical comic book collectors, which to me, gives relevance to this magazine feature. 

I wish the Star Wars Insider 99 cover was the 1:25 variant 

And fresh from the Disney investor presentation, they announced 10 new Star Wars and 10 new Marvel series are coming apparently at the start. Hopefully more details later in the meeting.

Edited by kimik

46 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Soule is writing a novel as well. In fact h the first 8 chapters for free a couple weeks ago. I would guess that's what the content will be in the Insider mag.