• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

I have really enjoyed the discussion and education I get from reading this thread. I fall into that category of collector buying a lot Star Wars comics.  Similar to Fastballspecial’s nephews, my two boys, age 11 and 16, are die hard Mandalorian fans. I’ve tried to get them to read comics but generally to no avail. But recently one of them saw one of Star Wars comics and asked to read it.  It was a Clone Wars comic (they also watch Clone Wars).  I thought to myself, here is my opportunity to get them reading comics. I gave him another Star Wars comic to read but he said naw, that’s not Clone Wars.  So my thinking, which will probably turn out to flop, is to buy Star Wars books related to either the Mandalorian or Clone Wars because maybe one day, in the far off future, my kids and others like them, will want those books. 

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So did all the 1st "New Batmans" from the modern era just plunge in value with the new announcement?

I was curious too and checked earlier... a Batwing 19 did sell for $120 today, but it’s probably going down soon.

39 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Here come the HR store variants....

Ugh. I am pissed. I was going to cover the cost for my LCS to do one, but since they are a small fish their inquiries were ignored by Marvel.

28 minutes ago, BishopT said:
44 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So did all the 1st "New Batmans" from the modern era just plunge in value with the new announcement?

I was curious too and checked earlier... a Batwing 19 did sell for $120 today, but it’s probably going down soon.

Ouch. If the sale goes through, that will see a bit of a loss for the buyer.........

27 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Clone Wars #1 is going to explode. Ahsoka show announced. 

We will see how much of the potential was already baked into the price due to her Mando appearance.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, Djohnson321 said:

I have really enjoyed the discussion and education I get from reading this thread. I fall into that category of collector buying a lot Star Wars comics.  Similar to Fastballspecial’s nephews, my two boys, age 11 and 16, are die hard Mandalorian fans. I’ve tried to get them to read comics but generally to no avail. But recently one of them saw one of Star Wars comics and asked to read it.  It was a Clone Wars comic (they also watch Clone Wars).  I thought to myself, here is my opportunity to get them reading comics. I gave him another Star Wars comic to read but he said naw, that’s not Clone Wars.  So my thinking, which will probably turn out to flop, is to buy Star Wars books related to either the Mandalorian or Clone Wars because maybe one day, in the far off future, my kids and others like them, will want those books. 

Dave - you buy EVERYTHING! :baiting: