• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Batman 313 is still burning it up. A whitman in nice grade is a gold mine.

Justice Society 1 is seeing a nice bump along with Toxic Avenger 1.

Bloodstone 1 passing $100 easy now

Ironheart 1 2nd print is really really impressive.

Armor wars is selling very well. 

Several Cap issues I think are going to continue to appreciate 310,312,323,332,333 and so on.
Grab them cheap if you can.

Dont look now, but Kid N play books sell very well now. Almost every issue in NM
Sells well. I rarely see them so I understand. 

Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi Newsstand 1 wow

Star Wars Rogue Squadron now a $50+ book

I have np selling ASM 583 1st print or Cougar Variant None what so ever.
Look for Savage Dragon 253 to continue to sell well for awhile. Already in 
2nd print.

When did the Hulk vs Venom book become so expensive?

Star Wars Annual 4 Variant. Wow

Ms Marvel 1 7th print still pulling big bucks

ASM 666 Comic shop variants are a thing.

Ultimate Comics All New Spider-man 1 Wow

ASM 2nd prints in the 655 area really good sellers.

Why Ultimate Comics All New Spider-man 1?

Because of the cover and 2nd Miles? 

#2 seems undervalued to me.  1st Ganke Lee.  To me, he is so integral to the success of Miles (at least early on).

Patrick

23 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Hulk vs Venom Mail away has never been expensive. It’s consistently been a $25 comic w current sales as low as $10

Are u looking for an argument from me? Agree or disagree matters not to me.

I just look at ending sales and see the price has risen lately. I have sold this book dozens of times over the years.

6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Why Ultimate Comics All New Spider-man 1?

Because of the cover and 2nd Miles? 

#2 seems undervalued to me.  1st Ganke Lee.  To me, he is so integral to the success of Miles (at least early on).

Patrick

No clue, but your guess is probably correct. Funny how Deadpools 2nd appearances sells for squat and always has.

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

No clue, but your guess is probably correct. Funny how Deadpools 2nd appearances sells for squat and always has.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking.  People usually say, who cares about the 2nd appearance of a character. 

Guessing Ultimate Fallout is out of reach, so it's next best.

Patrick

Just now, followtheleader said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking.  People usually say, who cares about the 2nd appearance of a character. 

Guessing Ultimate Fallout is out of reach, so it's next best.

Patrick

Prolly sold dozens of UF4 plenty of copies, but if the PS5 gets him more exposure I think its out of reach for good.

42 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I just look at ending sales and see the price has risen lately. I have sold this book dozens of times over the years.

I’ve sold this book over the years also.. every comic has higher and lower sales than they typically do, that’s normal 

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:
45 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I’ve sold this book over the years also.. every comic has higher and lower sales than they typically do, that’s normal 

Right
In a few months that might change. Right now I am looking at current and what the trend looks like. In a few months it could be $5 book who knows.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
46 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's not entirely true. X-Force 2 has never been a monster, but there was a short period where it was pulling a premium (9.8s, at least)

Sure I remember it as well. Market meets demand now a 9.8 will get $50/60.00. 

Hate to be that guy that paid a premium.

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Sure I remember it as well. Market meets demand now a 9.8 will get $50/60.00. 

Hate to be that guy that paid a premium.

Sooo many copies. But it will bounce back next deadpool movie. A lot of deadpool stuff is quiet right now.

Edited by the blob

I don’t understand why second, third, fourth, etc. prints are valuable and sought after these days.. I know somebody will tell me “low print run” which I kind of get, but with that logic what’s the point of ever buying a newly released comic these days until the second printing comes out..?

and if the particular comic is a first appearance then how are later prints of that issue still considered the first appended when they are released months after the true first appearance (first print) came out?

By that logic my facsimile Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine and surely has a lower print run than the original, so how much are you willing to pay me for it?

Am I the only one who is baffled by this recent trend? I just don’t see the value of these later prints holding up 

Very few 2nd etc prints are worth anything. So not sure where you are coming with the logic of waiting. A Strange Academy 1st print is far more expensive than any of the susequent printings that are out.

You cannot lump them all together, there are reasons for the few being more sought after as there are reasons for 1st prints being more sought after than 2nd, 3rd etc.

21 minutes ago, Hezi said:

I don’t understand why second, third, fourth, etc. prints are valuable and sought after these days.. I know somebody will tell me “low print run” which I kind of get, but with that logic what’s the point of ever buying a newly released comic these days until the second printing comes out..?

and if the particular comic is a first appearance then how are later prints of that issue still considered the first appended when they are released months after the true first appearance (first print) came out?

By that logic my facsimile Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine and surely has a lower print run than the original, so how much are you willing to pay me for it?

Am I the only one who is baffled by this recent trend? I just don’t see the value of these later prints holding up 

sometimes people want a 2nd print because the cover is better and its harder to find but most of the time 1st prints are worth more 

1 hour ago, Hezi said:

If people wait on buying the first print in favor of a lower-printed reprint, then the first print never sells out, thus no reprint. The bottom line is that reprint become valuable when they become hard to find, because of the low print run. Now that lots of people are going to be looking for the reprints, the numbers aren't going to be particularly low. The key is that books tend to become valuable when they have some feature that people weren't previously looking for when they were released, but now are. That's what happened with Newsstand editions, previews/news magazines, reprints, etc.