• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, followtheleader said:

Why Ultimate Comics All New Spider-man 1?

Because of the cover and 2nd Miles? 

#2 seems undervalued to me.  1st Ganke Lee.  To me, he is so integral to the success of Miles (at least early on).

Patrick

1st prowler

On 12/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If people wait on buying the first print in favor of a lower-printed reprint, then the first print never sells out, thus no reprint. The bottom line is that reprint become valuable when they become hard to find, because of the low print run. Now that lots of people are going to be looking for the reprints, the numbers aren't going to be particularly low. The key is that books tend to become valuable when they have some feature that people weren't previously looking for when they were released, but now are. That's what happened with Newsstand editions, previews/news magazines, reprints, etc.

This said, how long is it going to be before people start looking for the Magic Mike variant of Justice League 40?

2 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Any more places to preorder Star Wars High Republic 1?

Not sure if you can still pre-order them anywhere, but I know there are several of us that will have them available after release..........

6 hours ago, pkveronese said:

You can still order from TFAW.  1 copy limit.  They have been doing 3 copy limits on a lot of stuff lately for some odd reason, but this is the first I've seen with 1 copy limit.

https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=high+republic+1

Edited by gradejunky

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

You can still order from TFAW.  1 copy limit.  They have been doing 3 copy limits on a lot of stuff lately for some odd reason, but this is the first I've seen with 1 copy limit.

https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=high+republic+1

It’s after FOC is the reason for the limits. 

4 hours ago, gradejunky said:

When the hell did High Republic #1 turn into a $15 book?  It hasn't even been released yet..lol

Star wars collectors >>>>>>>> Comic book collectors.

The nice thing that Disney did for those of us that speculated earlv and very big on it is not doing any real promotion until after FOC. It will be interesting to see the price action on January 4th, the day before the comic hits the stands, as Disney/LucasFilm Publishing and Starwars.com will be holding a livestream promotional event with the creative team. If they talk D+ and movies as Phase 2 of the multimedia plan then things could get even more fun on the 5th. lol 

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-livestream-announce

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that a special Star Wars: The High Republic livestream will be held January 4, 2021, at 9 a.m. PT on StarWars.com and YouTube, just one day before the first tales of The High Republic arrive in stores. The event will feature all five authors behind the launch stories of The High Republic — Claudia Gray (Into the Dark), Justina Ireland (A Test of Courage), Daniel José Older (IDW Publishing’s The High Republic Adventures), Cavan Scott (Marvel’s The High Republic), and Charles Soule (Light of the Jedi) — as well as Lucasfilm Publishing’s Michael Siglain and StarWars.com’s Kristin Baver. Fans can look forward to fresh insights into the characters and events of The High Republic, along with new announcements and reveals of what’s to come.  

Edited by kimik

Just texted a LCS owner friend, and if anyone is looking for SW High Republic 1, contact Marc at Saddle City Comics in Calgary, Alberta. They do mail order and should still have some available.

https://saddlecitycomics.com/

Based on the current exchange rate, they may also be a good option for CGC 9.8 pre-orders on books.

Edited by kimik

20 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

I just ordered some from here.

Deleted, they cancelled my orders. They confirmed that they are out of stock.

Edited by eddly