• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kimik said:

Just texted a LCS owner friend, and if anyone is looking for SW High Republic 1, contact Marc at Saddle City Comics in Calgary, Alberta. They do mail order and should still have some available.

https://saddlecitycomics.com/

Based on the current exchange rate, they may also be a good option for CGC 9.8 pre-orders on books.

Thanks Dave, will try my luck there too. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

As of this morning, High Republic covers A and B are hitting $15-$17 on eBay and Hans C has sales at $25. Supply is drying up. I think I overestimated the print run. 

You mean on a Number 1 of a Star Wars book in the middle of Mandolarian?I think the print run will be healthy just some areas will under order. I will be able to confirm when the book comes out in my area I suspect my area under order, but we will see. I like all the attention staying on this title though .

Edited by fastballspecial

On 12/17/2020 at 9:38 AM, Hezi said:

I don’t understand why second, third, fourth, etc. prints are valuable and sought after these days.. I know somebody will tell me “low print run” which I kind of get, but with that logic what’s the point of ever buying a newly released comic these days until the second printing comes out..?

and if the particular comic is a first appearance then how are later prints of that issue still considered the first appended when they are released months after the true first appearance (first print) came out?

By that logic my facsimile Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine and surely has a lower print run than the original, so how much are you willing to pay me for it?

Am I the only one who is baffled by this recent trend? I just don’t see the value of these later prints holding up 

It depends on your mental faculties for tasteee......

3 hours ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Don't forget Star Wars High Republic Adventures #1 coming out from Disney and IDW, as well.
May be under ordered since everyone is chasing the Marvel book...

I would not be surprised if the print run is high on it since the FOC was after the Marvel HR 1.

13 hours ago, eddly said:

Thanks Dave, will try my luck there too. 

Sad Lemon Comics has some first prints of the main cover right this moment. I just ordered a bunch....not sure how long they will be available.

1 hour ago, Acegraphix said:

Sad Lemon Comics has some first prints of the main cover right this moment. I just ordered a bunch....not sure how long they will be available.

They must be slipping, they're not charging $20 for it yet :eyeroll:

9 hours ago, TheSpud said:

They must be slipping, they're not charging $20 for it yet :eyeroll:

Ha ha...I just looked and they changed it. I got way lucky. bought 80 at just under $4 a piece. :) Surprised they didn't try to cancel my order.

A book to add a few copies of is likely Batman 102 right now - 1st Full appearance and 1st cover appearance of Batmoon Knight, err Ghost Maker. I thought Tynion would send him off to a quiet place for a bit when the current arc ended in Batman 105, but it looks like he is sticking around for a while. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

A book to add a few copies of is likely Batman 102 right now - 1st Full appearance and 1st cover appearance of Batmoon Knight, err Ghost Maker. I thought Tynion would send him off to a quiet place for a bit when the current arc ended in Batman 105, but it looks like he is sticking around for a while. 

I haven't been paying attention Batman since rebirth. How has Ghost Maker been received? More Punchline or more Clownhunter?

This almost always happens with hot new books. The prices will spike on eBay until day of release and they’ll drop like bricks. This is a long term hold for me and I only bought a few. I don’t like all my eggs in one basket. 

Edited by Corona smith

24 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I haven't been paying attention Batman since rebirth. How has Ghost Maker been received? More Punchline or more Clownhunter?

Joker War was a very good read, and the Ghost Maker arc in 102-105 is even better, IMHO. And I have not read any Batman since the start of the new 52 run (dropped off at the end of the Death in the Family arc in that run). 

Clownhunter is being set up as either the next Robin or  villain. Ghost Maker looks like a new hero. Tynion's blog has provided some good insight into his plans over the past few months. He is basically ushering in new heroes and villains to expand the Batman mythos. So far so good. And, I like the way he ties his arcs together and builds from one to the next. He is arguably the top writer in comics now when you take his other independent work into consideration.

Edited by kimik

I did a very unusual thing for me and bought 2 copies of the Ross Immortal Hulk 41. The last 2 at the shop. I dunno, just has that nostalgic feel. As an almost 50 year old, Rockwell was still something in my childhood, although he probably wasn't producing much. 

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I did a very unusual thing for me and bought 2 copies of the Ross Immortal Hulk 41. The last 2 at the shop. I dunno, just has that nostalgic feel. As an almost 50 year old, Rockwell was still something in my childhood, although he probably wasn't producing much. 

It's a killer cover.  Feel like the window reflection may be more important than we realize. 

Patrick