• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Batwoman? Do you mean Batgirl 23 Middleton? That was hot before it was released.

Batgirl 12 from New 52 with Batwoman on the cover. Also an Artgerm cover. Sells $15ish. Back in the New 52 days I was selling it for an easy $25

30 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Allow me to clarify. Both Batgirl 12 Artgerm covers. One is the really good one everyone knows about from 2010. The other one is the New 52 Batgirl #12 with Batwoman on the cover. 

Ah, thanks. Wouldn’t consider that a classic cover by any means.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:24 AM, eddly said:

I ordered I think 11 copies of ASM 55. Any potential with the content or is it just a cover buy?

Why 11? Was that your whole allowance unemployment check:baiting:

:foryou:

Edited by divad

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Allow me to clarify. Both Batgirl 12 Artgerm covers. One is the really good one everyone knows about from 2010. The other one is the New 52 Batgirl #12 with Batwoman on the cover. 

Ah, thanks. Wouldn’t consider that a classic cover by any means.

It is now (I just called it one! lol ). And Batgirl 12 Artgerm? Why just because her mouth is bloodied, her uniform is strategically torn and ripped, it's pouring rain, and yet she has a seductive wry little smile on her lips? You call that CLASSIC???  :flipbait::flipbait:

Edited by divad

6 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I always used to do well with Batgirl 14 instead. It used to be really hard to find, but looks
like ebay has caught up. I used to only see a couple copies at any time. Supergirl and Dracula
bring in buyers I guess. 

Tec 880 was not an immediate sellout, and it took a bit for prices to take off. It came out during a downturn in the industry, to be honest, and it was the 2011 DC New 52 and 2011/12 Image titles that turned things around (along with a rebound in the global economy as we came out of the Great Recession/Financial Crisis). Rampant speculation on variant/cool covers was nowhere near as frequent at that time.

Edited by kimik

I just heard from a LCS owner that there are rumors of allocations on SWHR 1. He and I figure it is likely on post-FOC re-orders from stores that were asleep at the wheel. That makes sense with the 2nd print being announced so early. 

15 minutes ago, 500Club said:

Diamond was probably flooded with reorders.  In this area, many stores are saying they will have very few, if any shelf copies to put out.

My smaller shops actually ordered heavier because it was SW. 

What I don't know is what the largest shop in my area has done. I will know when I go look at their order when I go in. 

What I can see is it selling out not so much from being underordered, but from the mass swelling from SW fans
the last few weeks. That and postal delays may hit some
comic shops. Hell I still have packages sitting in my local PO for going on 3 weeks. Why would comic shops be any different regardless of who they use. 

I prefer everyone stay focused on this book.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Anybody think people are too excited about Spider-Man #55?

Yes, but we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. How fast will it sell out? I'm already seeing someone try to sell it on a Facebook group for $30 each.

The hype on Star Wars High Republic #1 is much higher, curious to see what happens with that book too.

49 minutes ago, eddly said:

Yes, but we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. How fast will it sell out? I'm already seeing someone try to sell it on a Facebook group for $30 each.

The hype on Star Wars High Republic #1 is much higher, curious to see what happens with that book too.

Anybody have print run estimates between the two?

1 hour ago, eddly said:
1 hour ago, pkveronese said:

Anybody think people are too excited about Spider-Man #55?

I am more then happy for everyone to stay on the SW HR train. 

I hope they dump those ASM 55s in mass numbers I will buy a ton.