• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, littledoom said:

oh.. i can barley notice the differnce

They did something similar with #1, there was a roughly 1:10 variant mixed into the regular cover that the person was holding a different cover of the same comic.

37 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

There are 7 variants not including the 1:100 and a 1 per store foil of the Spawn cover.

This is why.

No description available.

Ellie is holding a different comic in each one and they have varying ratios from 1:4, 1:8, and 1:25.

There is 5 covers I want of this now.  The standard Spawn cover, the Walking Dead cover, the Spawn comic cover, the Crossover comic cover and the foil.

We shall see what I can find at the LCS tomorrow..... :foryou:

That Walking Dead is especially cool because the back cover of Issue 1 was the cover of Issue 2 👍

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

what announcement? Don’t see anything 

Quite a few sites talking about casting.  

Here's a rando:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/falcon-winter-soldier-eli-bradley-elijah-richardson-young-avengers/amp

Patrick

12 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I agree, but I had to get these - although 40 of my ordered DC Milestone issues should be prosessed soon lol

1. x1 The High Republic #1 (Aaron Kuder variant - limited to 600)
  2. x5 The High Republic #1
  3. x15 The High Republic Adventures #1

q6cgi78a9m461.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=aaf46fbca68e4053f37255b2b573c05eddef24c5

Whats with the high republic adventures book, did they forget to provide colour? Or maybe it is a colouring book?

8 hours ago, kimik said:

Definitely. I thought 200k-250k due to Covid and current state of the industry, and then just before FOC 150-200k. This low of a number is totally unexpected. My guess is that Marvel printed 40k copies of each cover - 33k to 36540 were distributed of each and then 10% overprint for damage returns since their printer's production quality has been spotty over the past year. 

Most stores missed on this one, but I guess you really can't blame them for being hesitant since print runs on the other SW books are relatively low AND Marvel/Disney did nothing to promote this until after FOC. Makes me wonder if each of the five main writers had a case or two of each cover written into their contracts......... 

Woah, very interesting - that's a pretty low run ...

But yeah, I'm curious what High Republic Adventures is like now 

4 hours ago, eddly said:

Whats with the high republic adventures book, did they forget to provide colour? Or maybe it is a colouring book?

I'm really unsure if it's just a variant - as there's a colourised one too ~

5 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:
8 hours ago, kimik said:

Definitely. I thought 200k-250k due to Covid and current state of the industry, and then just before FOC 150-200k. This low of a number is totally unexpected. My guess is that Marvel printed 40k copies of each cover - 33k to 36540 were distributed of each and then 10% overprint for damage returns since their printer's production quality has been spotty over the past year. 

Most stores missed on this one, but I guess you really can't blame them for being hesitant since print runs on the other SW books are relatively low AND Marvel/Disney did nothing to promote this until after FOC. Makes me wonder if each of the five main writers had a case or two of each cover written into their contracts......... 

Woah, very interesting - that's a pretty low run ...

But yeah, I'm curious what High Republic Adventures is like now 

4 hours ago, eddly said:

I'm really unsure if it's just a variant - as there's a colourised one too ~

To all who know better . . . THERE IS A SEPARATE STAR WARS THREAD! :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint:  :sumo: :makepoint: 

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

In a couple hours it's now believed to be over 200k. I can't believe BC may have reported something incorrectly.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/100k-marvels-star-wars-the-high-republic-1-has-200k-orders/

That 200K includes 2nd prints........ 

I think someone at Marvel may have gotten in sh it over the initial report of 100k for the first print run and they are trying to make it look better now. Maybe someone in accounting said "we sold 945,000+ copies of SW 1 in 2015, and you are excited about 100K now?"  lol 

And, it sounds like some stores are cancelling pre-orders now. That 200K will include a lot of orders that are not going to be filled. :eek:

Edited by kimik

Interesting regarding HR #1, curious to see what I can find at my local comic stores once I finish work. I tried several pre-orders (after FOC) with limited success.

Best case scenario I have about 20 copies of cover A today... and maybe a variant or two...