• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I blame the shops. Terrible foresight.

I can't blame the shops. I was in Midtown's downtown (near Wall Street) location at about 2:30 p.m monday and I was one of two customers in this HUGE space with 2 or 3 employees. Last shop i was in before then (more like 5 pm on a friday or saturday) for 30 minutes and 2 other customers popped in. Many got hammered with shutdowns for months they are recovering from. If we're going to attack them for making new books $10-$15, they're barely enjoying the upside. Their upside in ordering an extra 100 copies is a whopping $200 in profit and some variants. If it is a mistake they are down $100-$200 depending on how they can clean out overstock. Just not a ton of upside for the shop that does not profiteer. With that said, I understand, Star Wars is "different"... there's reason to just keep that overstock and wait for it to sell at cover.

30 minutes ago, the blob said:

Blade's 1st appearance was already worth a ton? This will be what, the 4th Blade movie??? And there was already a Blade TV show!

Yes, but that didn't stop the price from going up once it was announced at SDCC.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thank you for the labels. Question though, the address is for Polk Lane in Olive Branch. Diamond has two distribution centers in Olive Branch as well as one in Plattsburg, NY and one in the UK. So you are saying the total case number is for all of these locations?

hm

Raises a couple of questions.  Is the case labelling an internal accounting process at the printer, in which case the overall number is on that label?  Does Diamond get books sent to one main distribution site and then sub-distribute?  Or are there similar case labelling amounts for all the distribution centres?

Cloudier, the math is.

1 hour ago, the blob said:
1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

WTF, why would they even put that? Rumors started the second week of Dec. for the animated show.

yeah, but when might this actually come out? 2024?

Here’s the thing.  Rumor sells as well or better than fact.  Hence the stock market aphorism: buy the rumor, sell the fact.

1 hour ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Thought they might do a black/white inverse for 2print

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Like this? You can buy it directly from me. Firing up the laser jet now.

136379354_3951572111522173_6675077981206075208_n.jpg

This was also rumored to be it by BleedingCool.

I like the Red.

Next up will be blue or purple. lol

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Oh man. Mind the Gap was another stinker. I've got a ton of Todds and will buy whenever I see them in the wild because you never know. Plus it was a fun read. 

IMO, Image comics are pump and dump.  I do know there are certain books that have spiked and come down some and still hold value but overall they are pump and dump.  Image comics has had soooo many letdowns.  They start off with great ideas and people jump on the bandwagon and then leave us hanging.  I know I have bit the bullet dozens of times.  We should create a separate thread and show our Image letdown books like the island of misfit toys. :p

30 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

IMO, Image comics are pump and dump.  I do know there are certain books that have spiked and come down some and still hold value but overall they are pump and dump.  Image comics has had soooo many letdowns.  They start off with great ideas and people jump on the bandwagon and then leave us hanging.  I know I have bit the bullet dozens of times.  We should create a separate thread and show our Image letdown books like the island of misfit toys. :p

Image should have a rule, no new book gets a release unless they already have 12 issues in the can ready to go. 

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Wait, BC might have reported wrong? Na, that wouldn't happen.

roflcopter any news site reporting inaccuracies, never!

I would have been happy with any color combo for the 2nd print. :)

9 hours ago, the blob said:

I have a bunch of #4... buying after everything had fizzled. but they were 65 cents each, so no biggie. I can add that to my collections of Skullkickers 2 and 3s, Mind the Gap, Manhattan Peroject, Mind Mgmt, Todd, Thief of Thieves, and a few others I bought for nothing knowing the title had cooled and figuring sometimes things come back. Which reminds me, i need to dig up my copies of Fear Agent 1 I bought for the same reason.

I'm a monster fan of Fear Agent.  One of the few books that I have quite a few extra copies.  I focused on the 3 shorter print issues for dues.  Wish it came back.

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I'm a monster fan of Fear Agent.  One of the few books that I have quite a few extra copies.  I focused on the 3 shorter print issues for dues.  Wish it came back.

Patrick

such a good book