• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, the blob said:

Tex 880 is a strikingly different cover, creative, artsy, classic (at this point), etc. I get it. Not sure why that makes it a $200-250 book raw, but the market has decided. Jock can be hit or miss. With that said, what pushes some cover into this sort of territiry, or even $50 territory, is a wonder to me. There are some killer classic covers out there. This was supposed to be one, but it never seemed to get past the initial hump it his off selling for a few bucks more than issues around it: s-l1600.jpg

The highest I think I’ve seen this sell for is $25-30 on eBay. If and when Sabertooth makes it to the MCU I can see this selling for around $50+ It’s a great cover and I love it. Wolvie killing Sabie was a big deal when it came out 

15 minutes ago, AmazingComics413 said:
14 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

As for the Batman/Spider-Man book 

not an easy book to find (Prestige format) 

Also the obvious is that it has the two biggest characters for both companies i

This book is a consistent seller at any shows I setup at.

Even the Batman/Captain America sells well now. Crossover books are hitting their strides now.

23 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
39 minutes ago, AmazingComics413 said:
14 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

As for the Batman/Spider-Man book 

not an easy book to find (Prestige format) 

Also the obvious is that it has the two biggest characters for both companies i

This book is a consistent seller at any shows I setup at.

Even the Batman/Captain America sells well now. Crossover books are hitting their strides now.

I've never had a problem moving the Batman Spidey crossover and most of the DC Marvel crossover stuff. One book that hasn't taken off is the Batman/Spawn & Spawn/Batman books. Probably a ton of them out there and supply meets any demand that currently exists. 

Marvel is going to milk that Spiderman 55 cover for all its worth.  By the end of the year every possible color combination will be released.  When it's all said and done the 8th printing pink and green variant will be the one worth the most money because it will be the ugliest and lowest ordered...

48 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Marvel is going to milk that Spiderman 55 cover for all its worth.  By the end of the year every possible color combination will be released.  When it's all said and done the 8th printing pink and green variant will be the one worth the most money because it will be the ugliest and lowest ordered...

Not pink polka dots?

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Lets not forget the MJ/Black Cat issue I think 606?

Iconic covers have staying power. But as Blob pointed
out 601 is there for obvious reasons.

606 is a double whammy!

5 hours ago, the blob said:

And what makes this one $50+

s-l1600.jpg

Rather than this one?:

s-l1600.jpgok, i know the difference...

I know people love him but JSC is just not my cup of tea. Unfortunately I need 601/606/607 for my run so I'm going to have to shell out for them. Might just get 9.8's as they're not that much more than the raws honestly...

But hey I love John Romita Jr and I know not everyone does. The world will keep spinning and I'll keep burning a hole through my wallet :whee:

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I know people love him but JSC is just not my cup of tea. Unfortunately I need 601/606/607 for my run so I'm going to have to shell out for them. Might just get 9.8's as they're not that much more than the raws honestly...

But hey I love John Romita Jr and I know not everyone does. The world will keep spinning and I'll keep burning a hole through my wallet :whee:

I think one of his best is ASM v2 45 (486)

12 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I think one of his best is ASM v2 45 (486)

Agreed. Beautiful concept, execution, and coloring. I would really love to see JRJR and Scott Hanna work together again. Hanna's coloring really lit up Romita Jr's pencils. They were a dream team during that ASM run with Straczynski :x

E: For the uninitiated

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_45.jpg.c1b98f686971c12c9832811107b69e54.jpg

I actually want to try and pick up 9.8's of all of these covers. And they're all hovering right around $50 right now, should be pretty cheap for a while

Edited by BoogieWoogie

3 minutes ago, Awax said:

My prediction for the #55 issue is it will end up like the 9/11 book 

a book that will always be wanted for people’s collection.  

it’s not a key But it’s memorable

Sell now or hold for 50 years?