• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Awax said:

Depends on how many you have :shy:

if you have one.  Hold. 
if you bought for cover.  Cover what you have into them. 
I’ll start selling at $100 :banana:

I have 11 at cover price. They look minty fresh. Maybe I’ll send them to CGC with a prescreen 9.8. Curious to see how these do in 9.8.

My Not-So-LCS had a few copies marked up to 9.99 so I bit the bullet and grabbed two. My actual LCS had one for my pull but I don't think it had a shot at a 9.8. These look nicer. I really wish I had pulled the trigger on the presale 9.8 I was looking at for $55 on Ebay. Didn't sell out until the book was actually released, I presume as people hit their LCS and realized they were going to miss out.

I also grabbed The Next Batman and might double back for the Wonder Woman one. Anyone think there's anything to any of the Future State DC stuff? Presuming they keep publishing comics that is lol 

Edited by BoogieWoogie

16 hours ago, AmazingComics413 said:

This book is a consistent seller at any shows I setup at.

Ditto as are most of the Marvel/DC crossovers. There is a whole generation of collectors whose minds are consistently blown when I show them these things. Many times they ask for Amalgam, Marvel vs DC 1-4, or JLA/Avengers and didn't know others existed. Sometimes they know about one or two but didn't know things like Supes/Hulk, Surfer/Lantern, Cap/Bats, etc exist. Batman/Punisher and vice versa seem to be the most common that I find by far though I NEVER leave them in $1 boxes. 

5 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Ditto as are most of the Marvel/DC crossovers. There is a whole generation of collectors whose minds are consistently blown when I show them these things. Many times they ask for Amalgam, Marvel vs DC 1-4, or JLA/Avengers and didn't know others existed. Sometimes they know about one or two but didn't know things like Supes/Hulk, Surfer/Lantern, Cap/Bats, etc exist. Batman/Punisher and vice versa seem to be the most common that I find by far though I NEVER leave them in $1 boxes. 

No love for Archie vs Punisher? Sups Bats vs Aliens Predator 1-2 went up last year as did Batman vs Predator 1

26 minutes ago, littledoom said:

No love for Archie vs Punisher? Sups Bats vs Aliens Predator 1-2 went up last year as did Batman vs Predator 1

The Archie version is much harder to find than the Marvel one. The hardest one of the DC/DH for me to find has always been Green Lantern/Aliens. 

7 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What about All Access? Tell me they're clamoring for All Access.

15 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

My Not-So-LCS had a few copies marked up to 9.99 so I bit the bullet and grabbed two. My actual LCS had one for my pull but I don't think it had a shot at a 9.8. These look nicer. I really wish I had pulled the trigger on the presale 9.8 I was looking at for $55 on Ebay. Didn't sell out until the book was actually released, I presume as people hit their LCS and realized they were going to miss out.

I also grabbed The Next Batman and might double back for the Wonder Woman one. Anyone think there's anything to any of the Future State DC stuff? Presuming they keep publishing comics that is lol 

I bought several presale 9.8s at $49 the first week they were listed.

I would have bought all those at $9.99 I would even go back and buy the VF copies. 

Where I failed was I didn't buy any Virgins and I was on the website I just decided to buy Presale 9.8s instead. doh! 

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Expand  

What about All Access? Tell me they're clamoring for All Access.

I think it will pick up as the other titles go up. Most dont know about All Access many are focused on Marvel vs DC instead. I have about a ton of All Access for less then $1 each over the years. If sets even hit $25 at some point I will clean up.

Me either. One that really stuns me is the Amalgam TPB I buy them $5 all the time and they sell for $50 consistently or close to that. That is when I can find them as they are pretty hard to find.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 1/11/2021 at 7:54 AM, Dr Zen said:

DC / Marvel crossover with 2 really popular characters. It's also 25 years old and has (to my knowledge) never been reprinted.

Both Batman/Spideys (along with I THINK all of the Marvel/DC books) were reprinted in the four volume Crossover Classics TPBs. 

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would have bought all those at $9.99 I would even go back and buy the VF copies. 

Where I failed was I didn't buy any Virgins and I was on the website I just decided to buy Presale 9.8s instead. doh! 

The Gleason website? Weren't all the presale 9.8's virgins anyway?

26 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You planning on putting any up here? I might shop with you...

And yeah they have maybe 3 more at 9.99 but they are a little finicky about letting you buy a bunch of copies of this book or that book. They still have a bunch of the Captain Marvel 23's, both covers, which I had flipped a few times for small profits. But they didn't let me buy another yesterday because my account shows I've bought a couple already. Even though that book came out months ago and they literally have 2 dozen copies left lol... part of why I usually go to a different shop in town...

16 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Yara Flor so far takes the crown from this event. The hype she has gotten before a single issue dropped plus being given a TV show right out the gate is nothing short of insane.  Her first book actually living up to the hype ( IMO) and going back for a second printing leads me to believe she is here to stay. The character that I hope will gain more attention is Red X. 

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

some books that we forgot to mention during the Invincible talk (a few pages ago) was Noble Causes 3, variant and Tech Jacket that contain Invincible preview. Those have started to see a rise

Has any “first preview” had staying power in the past? Do you guys see TJ 1 sustaining pricing or going higher in the future?

Kirkman was asked what the first appearance of Invincible is recently on Twitter:

“The first appearance of Invincible is Invincible issue 1. I’ve never known a series of preview pages for a book to count as a first appearance. That’s not an original story or guest appearance, it’s just pages from issue 1”

The Tech Jacket book is a printed preview of a few pages and there’s argument over if it’s even first. MOTU #1 and Savage Dragon 102 are sometimes also claimed to be first

3 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

Has any “first preview” had staying power in the past? Do you guys see TJ 1 sustaining pricing or going higher in the future?

Kirkman was asked what the first appearance of Invincible is recently on Twitter:

“The first appearance of Invincible is Invincible issue 1. I’ve never known a series of preview pages for a book to count as a first appearance. That’s not an original story or guest appearance, it’s just pages from issue 1”

The Tech Jacket book is a printed preview of a few pages and there’s argument over if it’s even first. MOTU #1 and Savage Dragon 102 are sometimes also claimed to be first

1 - what the hell does Kirkman know. He should stick to writing comics, not selling them

2 - I forgot about motu1 and savage dragon.

3 - not sure about staying power, just noting that i've seen an increase in those books, so if you have them, sell them or get ready to

4 - #1 is a joke