• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

1 - what the hell does Kirkman know. He should stick to writing comics, not selling them

2 - I forgot about motu1 and savage dragon.

3 - not sure about staying power, just noting that i've seen an increase in those books, so if you have them, sell them or get ready to

4 - #1 is a joke

Solid - you got me in the first half 

I’m not totally convinced that the time to sell is now- if people are buying those books now, they will be looking for them again once more footage or the actual show hits.

Invincible feels different in a lot of ways than the traditional “tv show” book hype cycle

17 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

1 - what the hell does Kirkman know. He should stick to writing comics, not selling them

3 - not sure about staying power, just noting that i've seen an increase in those books, so if you have them, sell them or get ready to

4 - #1 is a joke

there's also that GI Joe Invincible preview comic.. has a campbell cover

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

there's also that GI Joe Invincible preview comic.. has a campbell cover

yeah i think maybe why the others are priced higher is that they are less available

i don't think i've ever gotten more than $5 for the motu and gi joe books

15 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

yeah i think maybe why the others are priced higher is that they are less available

i don't think i've ever gotten more than $5 for the motu and gi joe books

I think the gold foil MOTU 1 sells for $10-20. A lot of these big time indie characters like goon and hellboy also have multiple preview firsts in diff comics

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

some books that we forgot to mention during the Invincible talk (a few pages ago) was Noble Causes 3, variant and Tech Jacket that contain Invincible preview. Those have started to see a rise

All the Noble Causes 3 seem expensive right now, but looking at completed sales on ebay they are not really THAT much more than what I sold araw  9.0-9.2 copy for like 9 or 10 years ago, which was like $25-$30 when invincible 1 was wayyyyyy cheaper than now. What did #1 cost back then?

1 hour ago, GLCBrad said:

Kirkman was asked what the first appearance of Invincible is recently on Twitter:

“The first appearance of Invincible is Invincible issue 1. I’ve never known a series of preview pages for a book to count as a first appearance. That’s not an original story or guest appearance, it’s just pages from issue 1”

Kirkman can say that, but it in no way acts as an edict to the market.

I don’t really like the trend, but there’s no denying that collecting of various previews, and character appearances in promo items is on the rise.

7 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

You planning on putting any up here? I might shop with you...

And yeah they have maybe 3 more at 9.99 but they are a little finicky about letting you buy a bunch of copies of this book or that book. They still have a bunch of the Captain Marvel 23's, both covers, which I had flipped a few times for small profits. But they didn't let me buy another yesterday because my account shows I've bought a couple already. Even though that book came out months ago and they literally have 2 dozen copies left lol... part of why I usually go to a different shop in town...

Yeah probably when they come in. I still have a couple of boxes of ASM 55s I have to put up as well once I get all these
package out.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:
3 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

Has any “first preview” had staying power in the past? Do you guys see TJ 1 sustaining pricing or going higher in the future?

Kirkman was asked what the first appearance of Invincible is recently on Twitter:

“The first appearance of Invincible is Invincible issue 1. I’ve never known a series of preview pages for a book to count as a first appearance. That’s not an original story or guest appearance, it’s just pages from issue 1”

The Tech Jacket book is a printed preview of a few pages and there’s argument over if it’s even first. MOTU #1 and Savage Dragon 102 are sometimes also claimed to be first

4 - #1 is a joke

I sell all those preview books. Who am I to say what is what. Price accordingly it will sell.

7 hours ago, PeterPark said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I bought several presale 9.8s at $49 the first week they were listed.

I would have bought all those at $9.99 I would even go back and buy the VF copies. 

Where I failed was I didn't buy any Virgins and I was on the website I just decided to buy Presale 9.8s instead. doh! 

The Gleason website? Weren't all the presale 9.8's virgins anyway?

Those were for the virgins several sites sold 9.8s cheap at beginning
Now that doesn't guarantee all get mine, but I like to dream.

12 hours ago, littledoom said:
18 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Ditto as are most of the Marvel/DC crossovers. There is a whole generation of collectors whose minds are consistently blown when I show them these things. Many times they ask for Amalgam, Marvel vs DC 1-4, or JLA/Avengers and didn't know others existed. Sometimes they know about one or two but didn't know things like Supes/Hulk, Surfer/Lantern, Cap/Bats, etc exist. Batman/Punisher and vice versa seem to be the most common that I find by far though I NEVER leave them in $1 boxes. 

No love for Archie vs Punisher? Sups Bats vs Aliens Predator 1-2 went up last year as did Batman vs Predator 1

Show me some numbers, because I'm not really seeing heat here. hm